[2.0] The Beyblade (2H Crit Cyclone)

Que theme: https://youtu.be/N74cnBa_Bmc?t=11s

Cheesiness aside, I present to you my current 2H crit axe build I've made from ground up on the new Warband league. I'm your average joe player, never had exalt heavy pockets before this league, so I can't fluff up and show you 30+ex gear and deeps on a standard char. What you see you yourself could have done at start of new leagues and can do even now within a week or so.

There's tons of room to grow still for the build as I gather the missing pieces to the puzzle, but here's what I got so far! While a tad harder to gear for, its a crit build, you will have deeps. This is the final lv90 spec I plan to reach. You can tune this to be more defensive by stacking more health and exchanging the frenzy charge for an endurance charge, and dropping butchery for more health.

Leveling
Leveling is no different from RT builds. Find the biggest stick that hits the hardest and LET IT RIP! I leveled all the way to maybe 76 until I finally got enough currency to buy my 1st crit axe. You'll do the same. Flesh Ripper, the best crit axe base, doesn't drop until lv70.

Notable Uniques:
-Rigvald's Charge
-Shiver Sting
-Geofri's Baptism
-Kaom's Primacy

Any of these will last you a set amount of levels. I used this axe

as soon as I hit 55 and carried me all the way to again, 76-78-ish. I bought it for 1 fuse, bout 3 days after league started. Lv55 you should get your hands on an AXE with 350+ pdps. They're not expensive. Don't be afraid to sacrifice 10-20 damage for other nice stats such as leech or resist as that will help more then 10-20 damage difference. If you got a tad more money hold out and invest in Kaom's Primacy, its more effective then a 350 pdps axe due to culling, also has nice life on kill. I personally used Rigvald's charge as soon as I hit lv44, cost 1c at the time, probably can get it for an alch so save an alchemy if your starting fresh.

Passives wise, just stack health and damage, make your way towards the shadow side when you feel like your clearing mobs fast (say around lv44 when/if you use rigvalds.) but DO NOT get crit nodes. Get most of the health, cleaving and slaughter roads are huge damage boosters and should be gotten by time you get your lv55+ axe. Like this is something you'd have around lv55

Gems

Gem set up is no different then most RT builds

Main Attack
Cyclone - BM - Melee Physical Damage - Fortify - Faster Attacks - Life Gain On Hit/Added Fire Damage/Crit Multiplier/Crit Chance.

Aura's
Hatred - Herald Of Ash

Defensive setup (I'm still fiddling with stuff, 2 5/6 links makes things easier but just 4-links limits set up combinations.)
CWDT lv8 - Immortal Call - Increased Duration - Enduring Cry (you cast cry manually)

CWDT Lv7 - Blood Rage - Assassin's Mark - Phase Run

Vengeance - Endurance Charge on Melee Stun - Blind - (Vaal Cyclone if room)

Movement (Cycloners get caught on snags, this allows traversing complicated terrain a bit easier.)
Leap Slam - BM - Summon Ice Golem

You can have any combination of these set ups. If you have at least 2 5-links then try to put enduring cry, ice golem, and leap slam on BM, which will enable you to run Arctic Armour. While its phys/fire reduction has basically no effect, it does give you the chill effect towards enemies which can help out a bit.

DO NOTE: While Ice Golem is weak, its benefits are really helpful for a crit build and can be a decent breif distraction to collect your wits or save your skin. Like I've had Residence Dominus aim completely at ice golem instead of me while I hacked away at his backside, so don't let up on not casting it often! You could run it on CWDT instead of phase run if you want constant upkeep without having to stop and summon it.

Bandits

-Oak
-Krayten
-Craycray (or oak if your in hardcore or just like being a tad more tanky)

Gear

Get a 380+ pdps crit axe (8%+ preferable), max resist, 4.5k+ life, 3.5k+ armour, and at least 85% accuracy and your golden. Any further upgrades (which they're a lot) can be obtained slowly but surely and aren't really necessary for the build to feel complete. I myself am still upgrading and have upgraded dramatically recently without spending much money (though having a lot of luck). Here's my up-to-date gear:

I alched that axe as of 7/20/15, and boy was I ecstatic! Although I would have preferred at least 8% crit chance, oh well just another upgrade to work towards. The rest of my gear is solid and very obtainable as half of it was bought, and I am a cheap buyer so nothing over 10 chaos.

If you get to the point I'm at, the next step to work towards is Maligaro's Virtuosity, which should add a nice chunk of damage and crit chance, then Ming's Heart if you can cap resist and sustain nice life. After that, you could try trolling with Abyssus to get 100k+ dps, but then your just asking to die :)

-Ideally you'd want to have Diamond Rings instead. But don't sacrifice life/resist for them if you can't find a diamonds with life+resist and accuracy or can craft on it if it doesn't have it. Added physical damage is nice damage boost as well.

-20%+ movement speed boots are a must.

-Amulet, critu multi. Get crit multi, accuracy, and added physical damage. Amu is reserved for damage boost rather then resist or life, unless you plan to use Mings then you'd want life/resist on amu instead. Do note, you will need some intelligence, at least 20+ to run lv20 Hatred.

-Armour, get lots of armour if you can since we can't use shields or bock for defense so we must rely on lots of armour, endurance charges, immortal call, and our large life pool with a bit of leech/regen tossed in.

DPS Screen

This is my current DPS without any charges or buffs aside Ice Golem and aura's,
Spoiler

And this is with all charges and buffs up (currently 4 Frenzy, 3 power)
Spoiler

For comparison sake, with an 8.5% crit axe, Maligaro's, and two 25% crit diamond rings, you'll be able to reach over 60% crit chance!

Let it RIP!
This is how you spin

This is not used for movement. This is used for SHREDDING! Absolutely get one of these with these mods, and you'll be zipping through maps like butter. You leap slam into a pack, enduring cry, pop the quicksilver and tear away.

Well hope you liked my build, I thank you for reading my wall of text, and I do hope you try it out. As an average player I can say I'm at least proud of this build for doing it by myself without much research into other crit cyclone builds. I'm sure the vets with crazy gear can turn this thing into a monster. But yah, thanks for reading, give it a whirl if you like, and let me know of any questions or recommendations
-[2.0] Tokyo's CoC Hybrid Damage Frostblader ---> view-thread/1401907
-[2.0] The Samurai (2H Crit Katana Wild Striker) ---> view-thread/1368690
-[2.0] Dyadus Elemental Wild Strike - Cheap and Beginner friendly! ---> view-thread/1394595
Last edited by TokyoToho on Jul 20, 2015, 11:25:09 PM
Reserved for future updates/upgrades
-[2.0] Dyadus Elemental Wild Strike - Cheap and Beginner friendly! ---> view-thread/1394595

u jelly ? :P
"
DizzyDot wrote:

u jelly ? :P

Only just a little ;p

Urgh, let's swap crit chances! D:

On a side note, updated the build with new dps screens, current gear, and cleaned up the text a bit to be more to the point and less rambly, if anyone cares...
Last edited by TokyoToho on Jul 20, 2015, 11:15:30 PM
Is it easy to keep Power Charges up with this setup or you don't mind ?
Using this build currently and really liking it.
I'm using tabula so I feel like its a little unfair, but I crush everything and have 2k life in act2 cruel
Just put together a cwdt with curse/IC/Golem. Really like it so I don't have to self-cast the golem always.

Can't wait to get to the crit though. Will keep ya updated.
Last edited by xximer on Jul 27, 2015, 3:41:16 PM
I got a pretty crazy jewel for your build. ^^

u say its a crit cyclone... nice

would not be better to get recharge on crit on ur quicksilver flask?
Last edited by Thiagon856 on Oct 20, 2015, 12:06:27 AM
yo my name is david and I have to say this is a great build, I'm not smart enough to make my own but if I was going to it would be just like this build! Thanks alot! But my question is where did you roll that axe and how did you get that much crit chance?
"
yo my name is david and I have to say this is a great build, I'm not smart enough to make my own but if I was going to it would be just like this build! Thanks alot! But my question is where did you roll that axe and how did you get that much crit chance?
he's a luck mtfk
Last edited by Thiagon856 on Oct 21, 2015, 10:35:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info