[2.0] Vlad the Impaler (axe and sword)

(this is theoretical build and it haven't been tested yet, it would be nice if some one tested it and gave a feedback)

>>>~100 points build<<<
>>>~121 points build<<<

Bandit choices: Normal- side with Oak, Cruel- side with Oak, Merciless- kill all.

Weapons: Axe with high damage and Sword with high attack speed.

Skills:
1) Frenzy + Multistrike + Fortify (for off-hand sword)
2) Cleave + Melee Physical Damage + Life Leech (for main-hand axe)
3) Riposte + Vengeance + Life Leech + Fortify + Curse On Hit + Warlord's Mark (armor)
4) Cast when Damage Taken + Blood Rage + Rallying Cry + Increased Duration
5) Summon Ice Golem + Knockback + Faster Attacks + Multistrike
6) Spell totem + Glacial Cascade + Knockback + Faster Casting

Stat order:
1) +life leech
2) +physical damage
3) +life
4) +strength
5) +dexterity
6) +armor
7) +elemental resistance
8) +attack speed
9) +evasion
10) +movement speed

Pros:
High leech
High HP
Hard to kill
Easy to herd mobs with knock backs
Good single target and AOE damage
You can play as a vampire who looks like Vlad Dracula from the movie

Cons:
Only physical damage (except weak ice damage from spell totem and ice golem)
Ice golem can knock back enemies at you or away from you- you may never know
Can do a lot of damage to himself with Blood rage
Anti-leech kills you

Good luck at hunting your pray.
*UPDATE* Dual axe-only build

101 points build
121 points build

Bandit choices: Normal- side with Oak, Cruel- side with Oak, Merciless- kill all.

Weapons: two one-handed axes

Skills:
1) Frenzy + Multistrike + Fortify
2) Cleave (or Cyclone) + Melee Physical Damage + Life Leech
3) Riposte + Vengeance + Life Leech + Fortify + Curse On Hit + Warlord's Mark
4) Cast when Damage Taken + Blood Rage + Rallying Cry + Increased Duration
5) Summon Ice Golem + Knockback + Faster Attacks + Multistrike
6) Spell totem + Glacial Cascade + Knockback + Faster Casting
7) Flicker strike (if you have spare socket)

What's new:
1) Leeching heals instantly
2) Never miss a hit
3) Much more armor
4) Better damage from off-hand weapon
I hope your not actually going to consider making this character, i mean this is all for fun and whatnot but, that build is crazy inefficient it hurts to look at, you really don't need to run all over the skill tree for life leech like a frantic mouse looking for cheese.

you can pretty much sustain in mele using bloodrage.

If your going to seriously consider running dualwield axes just try something like this

http://poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAdwB5wSzBS0JWAmWC2EMXw3NDjwS4RNMFCAUTRRxF-EYkRo4GlUcpxzOIWAm-CcvKaUrUC3SMHcxnjXvNug5DjpSOuE67TwtPfxAoEa3R35N404yUEdTpVhjWfNZ_l4TXz9gQWEhY3BkUmSjZU1lp2ebaGVo8nKpdO108Xaseu97dHzZgUGCB4Nfg8yE2YTvjM-QVZHOktCXeZ8-ogCi6qZXrKqtja4-rlCvbK-ntz677byfvTa-p8GLwaPE9sauxtjPftNv0_zYvdl826fiYeRR6hjvDvAf8kXz3fZI9zL46_xL_gr-VP6P
Last edited by Avisolei on Jul 17, 2015, 12:12:02 PM
I fail to see why your suggestion is better in any way.

Base leech: 4,4%
Warlord's mark leech: 6,8%
Life leech gem: 2%
Blood rage: 1,2%
Life leech rate: 113%

So, total life leech should be about: 30,6%

That's how much of damage this build can heal instantly. Nothing crazy inefficient here. Only problem could be is that this build have a bit low life.

Feel free to disagree.
Fortify does NOT work with vengeance or riposte (unfortunately)
"
regonix wrote:
I fail to see why your suggestion is better in any way.

Base leech: 4,4%
Warlord's mark leech: 6,8%
Life leech gem: 2%
Blood rage: 1,2%
Life leech rate: 113%

So, total life leech should be about: 30,6%

That's how much of damage this build can heal instantly. Nothing crazy inefficient here. Only problem could be is that this build have a bit low life.

Feel free to disagree.

You completely misunderstood what Life leech rate means. The builds have numerous problems and are essentially unplayable in the end game.
3-linked 2 main attacks, 6-linked counterattack (while not having nearly enough block chance), different weapon types resulting in extremely unoptimized damage output (axe+mace+sword), terrible life pool. I've resisted the urge to post any comments because i normally never critique builds ( many people don't take lightly critics .. even when they try to help them ). Everyone was a begimner and most of us made a few builds which "missed the target".
But things like "I fail to see why your suggestion is better in any way." clearly show that you won't take any advice .. yet i feel obliged to try and point out the obvious flaws and try to help ( even if my help is not really wanted ) thus trying to save you wasted time on builds that won't really take you anywhere.
Things in Poe look easy and seem to work well when you are level 40 or 50 or 60 .. but later on the difficulty of the game dramatically changes and PoE just crushes you.

Feel free to disagree.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Hi sir,

Since my own guide is getting as I wanted, I'll start helping other people.

You said that it is a "theorical" build, but it seems like more a build with an idea but no research or anything, nearly everything is wrong in your build. The concept/idea is cool, but not how you want it to function.

So I'll take everything from the beginning.

Skil Tree :
Those skill trees are just "disgusting"... Really..
You run all over the tree to get, on one side some useless life leech, on the other Resolute Technique. Nothing is build near those nodes. You take a lot of life, well no that much but no damage nodes. You have like ~250% Physical Damage, it's nothing really. You'll deal peanuts to the ennemies.
And after you take Vaal Pact when running Blood Rage and no damage ? How will you sustain the degen'?

Skills :
Main skill in 3L items, Proc skill in 6L ? What is the point of that ?
Frenzy will deal no damage, well it gives Frenzy Charges but still, totally useless.
Cleave with only MPD ? Really ? You want to deal less than 10k with it ? Don't see the point too.

A block-proc attack when using 2x One Handed Weapon ? It will proc like once every map, more likely none but still.
Vengeance, yeah, kinda good but totally useless to do a 6L about it.
In addition, Fortify doesn't work with both of those skills and their AoE is really small so you'll hit like 1/10 of the monsters with the Curse on Hit setup (I tried it, it's all but worth using).

Cast when Damage taken with Blood Rage and Rallying Cry ? What is the point ? Really, those are good buff that you need 100% of the time. Totally a waste of a CwDT setup.

That a setup I haven't seen before. This Ice Golem setup could be good, but no. Greater Multiple Projectiles is a way better support gem than Multistrike in something like that. Just sayin'...

Spell totem with Glacial Cascade supported with KB and FC... That's useless at 100%. You'll use it and then ? Monster will be pushed away from you in over than half the case. So again an useless setup.

Stats Order :
Life Leech = You don't need a lot of it to do high level map. I run with 0.4% on my Ice Crash Duelist and I can run level 78+ hard map without issues so.

Why put Dexterity and Evasion about the same high as Attack Speed and Elemental Resistance ? You don't know what to priorities in this build, at least, which order.

Pros & Cons :
As said above, don't need a lot of leech to do things. And with no damage, leech is useless.
Health Point... Every life based melee build need A LOT of them. It's like that, no other way around.
Hard to kill.... I think not, really....
Knockback isn't a good things everytime... I played a build with Heavy Strike and that Knockback was making me crazy more than anything....
Good damage ? With 3L main skills ? No.. Just NO!
I'll not speak about that last one which is pointless to me...

Only Physical Damage... Well I don't see much in this.
Knockback away, yeah, not only the Ice Golem though.
Lot of damage to himself ? With Blood Rage ? I run 5,4% Life regeneration in my build and I out sustain Blood Rage so...
Anti leech kills you ? I don't think it's the only thing which will kill you...

I believe that's all I wanted to say.. Maybe I'll add more later.

This build is really too messy with no informations before creation. Not even a theorycrafted build, more like a messy pile of ideas.

And the unrighteous were turned to ash!
Chillax, mate. This is only theoretical build.
Sir, you don't seems to understand what "theorical" mean.

A theorical build is a build which have nearly 100% chance to work.

Your build is like just a random idea posted in here with no research before. Everything in here, or nearly, can't work and is wrote somewhere that this way it wouldn't work.

This is why I said that this build isn't theorical, it's just a random idea, posted and which need someone (else than you, of course) to test it and see that it doesn't work.
And the unrighteous were turned to ash!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info