GGG giving up on "heavy" spells?

A while ago, GGG nerfed EK damage and gave it more cast speed, now the same thing happened in 2.0 with Flame surge. I understand the result has more damage, but the spells feel different, they were the only 2 real "heavy" spells (slow cast speed, heavy damage).
They feel like they lost their uniqueness.

Will we have new heavy spells in the future or are some going to be revised into a heavy spells? it feels like there's nothing for it anymore.
and no, channel spells do not feel the same, and Vaal spells dont count for obvious reasons.

EDIT: well, I guess discharge still exists as an heavy spell, but the fact that spell echo interaction with enduring cry was removed eliminated its viability as a self-cast.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Jul 15, 2015, 12:08:52 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Not while CoC is in the game.
well, channel spells already cant be used with CoC, they just need to give the same exception for heavy ones

EDIT: though maybe excuse discharge since if it were to be removed, I believe so would viability of voll's armour entirely, but that's a discussion for another thread
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Jul 15, 2015, 12:11:50 AM
No, exceptions are bad.

Speaking of CoC, has anybody done a Magma Orb CoC, yet. I'd like to see what that looks like.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
No, exceptions are bad.

Speaking of CoC, has anybody done a Magma Orb CoC, yet. I'd like to see what that looks like.

Give me another day or two and ill have info for you! I just found the Voll's chest last night and im working on linking it up now! And i already just happen to be running a Fire Spec on my Witch so its going ot be perfect!
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
"
Disrupted wrote:

and no, channel spells do not feel the same, and Vaal spells dont count for obvious reasons.

Yeah....they feel like your charging up for some kick-ass type of insane damage in a single burst.

Some might even call it a "heavy spell"

Oh man sometimes i just crack myself up...

In short : if it doesn't have a channel, it should not be rewarded with insane hard base damage. Partially, like slayer already pointed out, due to CoC.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
"
Disrupted wrote:

Yeah....they feel like your charging up for some kick-ass type of insane damage in a single burst.

In short : if it doesn't have a channel, it should not be rewarded with insane hard base damage. Partially, like slayer already pointed out, due to CoC.

Peace,

-Boem-

yes, they are heavy, but they are heavy CHANNEL spells, Id like a normal heavy spell, they feel NOTHING like old EK or flame surge. and vaal skills have extremely limited uses, they are "ultimates", not regular spells, if you know what I mean

"
Mikrotherion wrote:
No, exceptions are bad.

But why not? Its just that there's no spell left like this, it makes me feel like all spells are tuned towards speed casting.

Hell, we got a new Melee skill that cannot be linked with Multistrike, why not get a spell that cannot be linked with spell echo and coc?

Its just an option that feels is missing now.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Jul 15, 2015, 10:13:08 AM
"
Disrupted wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
"
Disrupted wrote:

Peace,

-Boem-

yes, they are heavy, but they are heavy CHANNEL spells, Id like a normal heavy spell, they feel NOTHING like old EK or flame surge. and vaal skills have extremely limited uses, they are "ultimates", not regular spells, if you know what I mean

"
Mikrotherion wrote:
No, exceptions are bad.

But why not? Its just that there's no spell left like this, it makes me feel like all spells are tuned towards speed casting.

Hell, we got a new Melee skill that cannot be linked with Multistrike, why not get a spell that cannot be linked with spell echo and coc?

Its just an option that feels is missing now.

Your going to equip faster attacks and spell echo anyway and spam it at blazing speeds.
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

Your going to equip faster attacks and spell echo anyway and spam it at blazing speeds.

^This is the issue lol.

If a spell is not channeling and it has a base cast speed, it can be pushed to extremely high limits.

Whether by forcing it in a CoC link-up, bypassing cast speed or by actually investing a solid amount in cast speed + echo.

The only way for GGG to reliably make heavy spells is exactly "channeling" and dissallowing echo from it if it's justified (extreme high base damage + effectiveness)

Old EK was changed exactly for that reason, it was utilized with CoC simply because of it's extremely hard hitting factor + armor crushing mechanic(physical crit deeps)

To give you a comparison, old EK + hatred did more cold damage then a similar level cold nova, if that doesn't scream "The Fuck Is This Shit" at you then i don't know what will.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
hmm, what about diminishing returns in cast speed in a gem?

So that it would never pass certain tresholds
Oblivious

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info