2.0 2H RT BM Axe cleaver 90k dps easy/ 249% max life/7 end charges

Just reached lv 92 my gems and stuff arn't max, nor is my gear the best, but you can see I have a fairly tanky and powerful guy. My weapon costed me 1 exalted, the end goal is of course to use a GG 2 handed weapon, but I am too poor for that so I use WoE, I don't use disfavor because cleave doesn't make use of the weapon range and I lose out on the block for a mediocre dps difference (+disfavor is alot more expensive). Hopefully everything you need about this build is here becuase I won't be on much anymore, taking a break.

Current Gear:
Spoiler

Gear Notes -
Spoiler
Gem Links - Note the 5L6S and 6L on weapon and chest. That is the setup I use, and I highly recommend it. the 5L CWDT is very effective in terms of defense, end cry is extremely effective as a standalone gem, and saves you from needing a second 6L. Now, the summon chaos golem is really tanky, almost constant uptime and it is not even qualitied. Now for the 5L6S you want those gems to be 20/23, except end cry which should be 21/20. Because 1. the stat requirement would go up, 2. 21/20 harder to get, 3. 20/23's effectiveness is on par with 21/20 for those gems, and lastly 4. lv 21 CWDT means a longer dmg taken delay before cast.

The Glove link - follow that setup as well, the flicker strike can be replaced with a frenzy gem if you are doing a hard boss to keep up frenzy charges ie running aztiri, otherwise in solo map mode flicker is gonna be better. Now the reason why I have both LS and flicker is cuz flicker is alot faster at closing shorter gaps and is very easy to use. Basically hover your mouse over your character you will automatically flicker to a mob within 50 something (give or take) units and you dont need to move your mous to target the monster, just right click cleave and mutistrike will target for you. The trick really to doing this is in realizing that whereever you flicker to, your character is ALWAYS at the center of the map, so as long as your mouse is hovered over your character you will automatically be in cleaving position. With practice you can get down the timing to flicker at the moment of the last cleave from mutistrike into a chain, thus bypassing the need for movement speed or delay one would experience with leap slam.

Boots - I use Kaom's cuz its cheap, got the frenzy charge, high hp, don't need the sockets anyways, still have overcapped resists regardless, and lastly the Unwavering stance and anti knockback. Unwavering is huge, you don't want to get stunned, Imagine an abax spawn in map you want to be out of there before the sht goes down and then fight him at a moment when your more prepared and have the flasks you want on and ready. The anti knockback is also pretty nice, brutal shrines used to desync me pre 2.0 from the knockback, Idk if it still would, but the thing is, with the antiknockback you are always in control of where you are.

Lastly for the 4L on helm, I havnt'y really found any use for it yet, no aura is really worth using because we got the blood magic node and devouring totem no longer works with CWDT, that leaves either molten shell CWDT or LV 1 arctic breath + GMP + Chain + CWDT, or maybe u want a 4L frenzy. Maybe some thing will come up in the future and this 4L will have a good use, but for now I use it to level up gems. abyssal cry can be sometimes useful in parties to increase clear speed with the chaos dmg explosions, but it's also kind of a pain in the butt to use as it adds one more task to your brain, unless maybe your one of those that are experts at microing.
About phase Run - I don't use it cuz the secondary duration is too short even with increased duration, not wurth on the cwdt link considering that phase run has a 4sec CD.

All Attributes - do notice my amulet, it is the max rolled all attr amulet, self crafted took about 9 exalts worth of currency I think. You need attribute gear to these to meet the dex req for blood rage and the int req for chaos golem. So if this is not something you can afford, maybe do something else. I use death's oath as my chest becuase it is cheap and effective, gives me the attribute that I need, has nice armor, and its got the life leech. I have done no regen maps, and they are not a problem, you will still outleech the degen from armor and bloodrage combined.
On a side note, I use to use :
, carnage is fairly cheap, but the reduced life is really a bummer, same with mings. Currently the switch between carnage heart and the rare amulet I use makes a near 600 life difference, and if I swap a rare life ring for mings there's about a 500 hp difference, and this is just lv 92 where I am still missing 2 jewel sockets and using unoptimized jewel sets. By the lv 100 endgame with rare gears and corrected jewels I suspect you will have over 8-9k hp while still wearing the death's oath.

Jewels -

Anything Other than Axe attack speed+life prefix will be subpar. For the suffix you want combination of area dmg/melee dmg/attack speed(not attack&cast)/all res/chaos res. Any other suffix (i.e. wounding) will be not the "perfect" jewel for Axe cleaving. You will need either an all attribute suffix a hybrid stat suffix on 1 of your jewels to meet the blood rage requirements. Currently without the dex on my ring, I have 148 dex, of which is 7 short of 155 needed for a lv 20 blood rage.

FLasks: You will want 1 granite (doesn't have to be rumis but rumis is better in general), ideally 1 anti freeze saph flask, 1 bubbling bleed life flask, 1 warding ruby flask, and 1 shock immune topaz flask. If you have these flasks you will not die in general, unless u were careless and didn't watch of for things like flame bearer mods and stood in those time bombs.

Current Stats:
Defense -
Spoiler

7 end charge + golem + rumi

same but w/o the rumi

Offense -
Spoiler
With 4 frenzy charges + fortify

Same but now no frenzy charges

End Tree:

End Tree Notes-
Spoiler
uses 117 points out of 123. 1 point used for normal oak. 1 point used for merc oak. Originally I planed to use intuitive leap to spec certain notables in and replace the jewel with rare jewels afterwards, but turns out you can't do that, but it is not really a big deal, now you can just path into golem's blood and point 1 point to the last life and armor node. 1 remaining point which can be used for either life, or act 2 kraylin, or if you don't take armor mastery, you can go for unyielding. Nothing detrimental to the build. The jewel nodes still stay.

Now The Reason why I go for those jewel nodes, is because they are one of the most effective things on the tree. If you look back at the gear section and look at tht jewel again and compare that to the rest of the tree, you can see that the jewel is easily worth 3-4 nodes. There is really no reason to make a build that doesn't make use of these jewel nodes when they are so close to your original pathing.

Lastly, the reason why I go for the str pathing over the dex pathing to the jewel node below the duelist area is because 1. I can make use of another jewel suffix (hybrid str/dex or all attribute) meaning happier crafting days, 2. Some suffix i.e another 12% increased dmg, doesn't really outweigh the 28 or 30 str loss by switching to dex pathing. Remember that Dex and int provides nothing for this build and you only need enough for the gems. Of course If your equipment is not as good, then, the dex pathing might be beneficial.

Clear Speed:
Spoiler
If Solo Would be a good idea to use Increased AoE, but even then I don't recommend solo, because it's pointless to do so, as your not putting your main capabilities to use, and that is to draw aggro, and help delete single targets. No matter what, you are not going to clear faster than a well equipped tornado shooter or crit dagger reave/flicker/etc. A party of 4 is usually a nice size to play with, more than 4 maybe encounter lag and whatnot, and if other players aren't well equipped then monsters get really hard to kill because cleave aoe is crap and so when you are that guy doing the most clearing on the team, probably better finding a new team that has good aoe or running with just a friend or 2.

Reflect - I've done reflect mods, you need to have your charges up if your going to engage on a pack, if its a really big pack, you need to pop rumi's, also flicker every once and then to renew fortify if fighting mobs that are beefy.

Offswitch - The best off switch gear for this build is probably a quill rain. If you got a 6S quill rain on the off-switch you can run frenzy there if you need for bosses and still keep ur helm sockets free till one day something useful comes up. You could also run explosive arrow, Idk how effective that would be, but if you get jewels with 10% increased dmg and the 12% area dmg suffix, it can add quite a bit of EA damage I suppose, but I'd still prefer just using quill rain to frenzy charge for very long boss fights.

Exping Rules (this goes for ANY character you play):
Spoiler

1. Know Your Mods. Understand the bloodline introduction, that means watching out for things like hearld of obelisk, elemental bearers, etc.

2. Know Your Mobs. That means understanding mobs like colossal vaal fallens which can 1 shot you (true story, learned the hard way), ghosted exiles/beyond bosses/etc.

3. Know Your Map. Ground effects, damage mods. Awareness is key to avoiding dumb deaths.

4. Don't Play the Reckless Hero. Look I can take down palace dom with this build, but don't be dumb and try to facetank like some aegis build would because you don't have an aegis, nor do you have the dmg of a moljnir build etc to insta leech your life + flask charges up, learn to lead, kite, dodge, make use of the minion spawns to refill flasks, etc. Be aware of surroundings/status IE if there are chilled totems spawned, you better get rid of them before engaging or lure boss to a diff location, otherwise you might get slammed. I can survive the old lv 78 unmodded dom fist with the granite + charges, I am not sure about lv 80, if you really want to do these tests, do it after you just lvled. Another instance is the volcano boss, extremely easy to do, move around a bit, kite the totems, whack the boss, do not just stand in 1 place trying to tank everything unless you have enough dps to kill fast before seedlings get spawned.

Fin.
Edit: Urled The tree so it's easier to read, open in new tab so you can read the notes I left with it. Intuitive leap can't be removed after allocation so I've been told, but there is really no changes to the tree, end tree notes edited.
Last edited by SIQI on Jul 16, 2015, 10:52:02 PM
It looks amazing! you made me roll a marauder with that post.

Cant wait to get to the higher level and test it out in maps - cheers mate!
Your build notes doesn't make sense, why spend 4 points on 46% armor and -30% crit damage, when you could spend 3 points for 58% armor and -30% crit damage. It doesn't make sense, you're being REALLY inefficient. It costs 1 skill point for the jewel, and another to allocate using Intuitive Leap you know, and you're also wasting the potential jewel slot.

I highly suggest this version. I made some more efficient adjustments.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_FCDvDlBH5FFnm64-xq7E9jwt_TAMXwthcqmDzINfiI8cp69srKpVqfcytz4a5FOlaPJZ85e06hh82f4KaqXwH58-GjhqAXas-OvYvfJFogAt0pBVz35kUhRx89277TrhBLMnL04ywaPZfA48aGWRzqZXwGYX4eJhggc6Ut-_MZ4m-DB3vJ-GYNtPE0xZ_hiRYVLgw-9OxVMlvF4T3DIhVZLQSHgs-9w9EuEFPIoiB3Wi6icgwKaE76kneHqplIdqhNlHfr02ZU2-pw==
I am a Mirror, I do not exist.
Last edited by SwordDivine on Jul 15, 2015, 10:29:53 PM
"
Your build notes doesn't make sense, why spend 4 points on 46% armor and -30% crit damage, when you could spend 3 points for 58% armor and -30% crit damage. It doesn't make sense, you're being REALLY inefficient. It costs 1 skill point for the jewel, and another to allocate using Intuitive Leap you know, and you're also wasting the potential jewel slot.

I highly suggest this version. I made some more efficient adjustments.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_FCDvDlBH5FFnm64-xq7E9jwt_TAMXwthcqmDzINfiI8cp69srKpVqfcytz4a5FOlaPJZ85e06hh82f4KaqXwH58-GjhqAXas-OvYvfJFogAt0pBVz35kUhRx89277TrhBLMnL04ywaPZfA48aGWRzqZXwGYX4eJhggc6Ut-_MZ4m-DB3vJ-GYNtPE0xZ_hiRYVLgw-9OxVMlvF4T3DIhVZLQSHgs-9w9EuEFPIoiB3Wi6icgwKaE76kneHqplIdqhNlHfr02ZU2-pw==

I couldn't follow your link.
After reading your post about twice I found out which part your taking about.
So first I believe u can take off intuitive leap after using the jewel and replace with another. 2nd even if you can't, the jewel node is still absolutely worth it. I didn't get that jewel node specifically for the 16% armor (8+8). I got it to put in another one my axe jewels which as shown in the gear list is Easily worth 3 notables, 4-5 regular skills points, there comes a point when further armor addition becomes unneeded, so like I said, even if you don't make use of leap jewel, the spec is still good enough plenty of room where those points can go, leaping is just something extra to use.

Edit: Checked, can't spec using intuitive leap and replace jewel, but there are really no detrimental effects, you get more life for a bit less armor, resist and damage.

As you can see, I just specced in golem's blood manually and put 1 point to life and armor; now, next best node is either to go for a 5% life node OR if u take off the path to armor mastery you can go for unyielding still as shown below:

Last edited by SIQI on Jul 16, 2015, 10:35:36 PM
This build looks sick. Just that the chaos resistance requirement is quite challenging.
Where is your video?
im having trouble neutralizing the effect of death's oath, it drains my hp too fast even at 37% chaos resist, it's very dangerous especially when there is only a few enemies left and no more mobs to leech. i already have cyclone linked with life gain on hit but i still nearly died many times because of death's oath, how did you deal with it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info