[2.0] Enraged Psycopath (Frost Blades+Soul taker) 100% HC Viable, (0.17a)

Welcome and enjoy your reading. Current version 0.17b
Contact IGN: GimmaTry
Feel free to ask me and give ideas ill be allways glad to talk with you! :)
Hello my Fellas!

First of all, I live in brazil and my english is very poor, please forgive all my grammar mistakes and mispronunciations. <3

This build requires!

*Good Latency (10-120)
*Experience with bosses of all kind.
*Positioning and mob knowledge.
*Expensive items such as

*Experience with flask usage and maintenment.
*Highly atention demmanded to Buff/Flask effects.
*Clear state of mind and soul. (lmao).
If you meet all the requirements above (except the clear state of mind >.<) you can play this build on HardCore without problemos.

Remember that this build still on progress and will have updates daily.
If the update is small ill add a A/B/C/D respectively in the tittle if the update is big it will change from 0.3 to 0.4(values used for demonstration) this is a way of you keep track on my dedication and work as it makes easier to you if your trying the build and waits a answer or change.

Pro & Con

Pros:

4 link viable (if you want to experience the hardest content without fear 5l/6l Required

Hardcore viable

Awesome Clearspeed

Incredible Mobility

Can run majority of maps

No reflect or mana problem

Chill every mob and freeze 1/3 of the pack.

Fun and enjoyable to play

No trouble doing bosses

Defensive and extremely agressive styles to choose

Cons:

Frost Blade desynchs really often

Cant run Blood Magic/Temporal Chains/Enfeeble maps.SIDENOTE
Extra life maps should be did with caution check[Nightmare] tab for more information.

Hard to stack armor reduction

Unique dependant

Hard to stack resistance

Atention to buff/debuff

Majority of Curses are a problem to this build allways debuff

Opening boxes presents a big RIP chance if your screen Freezes or lags when you open

My RIP

I live in brazil and my connection is pretty bad, unfortunatly servers were been unstable since the release and that got my character killed at lvl 60 due to heavy spike issues while oppening boxes followed by poor play, Was working well without problems at merciless only lackin resistence.

G-E-A-R

Chest : By chest you have a lot of options but the bests are Lightning Coil to work with Taste of hate, you will have pretty much immunity to phys damage while doing so. Or going Belly of the beast for higher HP Pool.

Helmet : Since we are takin Iron Reflex any pure EV,AR,HYBRID EV/AR is welcome and will do great work on our damage mitigation.

Gloves : Snakebite is the best glove you can use at the moment, makes a great combo in conjuuction with Blood Danceand gives an awesome buff in clearspeed with poison.

Amulet : You have two options Lazwhar or Anvil, both are pretty good but lazwhar is needed if you're planning on saffel's or in need of inteligence dont be afraid on it. Anvil offers a lot more survivability in exchange of atackspeed and movespeed, that wont be that of a problem tho.

Boots : I have only one tought about boots and it is the Blood Dance SharkSkin, well it gives pretty much everything we need! Movespeed and Frezy charges even with the + attackspeed/regen/damage, its both defensive and agressive focused! try to find a +1 Frenzy charge.

Rings : Good rings in general that you need or must consider grabbin, first Berek's Grip, Death Rush, Le Heup of All, Ming's Heart , Romira's Banquet.

Jewels : Malicious Intent] has 5% chance to give you Unholy Mighty wich is more 30% Chaos Damage ! awesome jewel since stacks with Atziris promise. Any rare jewel who gives Hitpoints % / Attackspeed % / Block to Spell or Damage %, since they are new i dont know a lot of em, ill keep adding the ones i find interesting for the build overall.

Flasks : Taste of Hate is the build basically, what happens is we jump into the pack and use Taste of Hate for Damage Mitigation and bonus cold damage plus
Rumi's/Atziri Amethyst for Block/Leech without it we would eventually die or take too long to kill packs. Next topic ill explain why we go this agressive, The two flasks for Hitpoints lefts I prefer Instant Recovery with Remove Curse/Bleeding/Freeze, my current setup is Freeze/Bleeding but im trying to change to curse because its a anyoing thing against us.

Weapon : I chose Soul taker for his extraordinary usefull mana ability and the simple reason of not going Blood Magic since we already have Bloodrage consuming our hitpoints also we save 4 nodes doing so, without soul taker we need the mana leech nodes at the left of Vitality Void.

Shield : You need alot of % on block thats why Crest of Perandus (36%block) is required atleast till before maps, if you want to search another shield grab a 30%+ Block Chance with Hitpoints, alot of Armor or EV, For magic bosses we use Saffel's thats only when we have bosses as Dominus/Atziri/Crematorium and many others.

Belt : last but not least our magic guy of the build, this is where you have a lot of options since from going meginord or doryanis invitation phys or cold this is if you need that extra leech and damage,/ Belt of the Deceiveris quite good at earlier stages/ The magnate is a awesome one to go if you already got iron grip and the flaskes since it gives 50% more flask recharge also its good to have one in your belt if theres no lack of resistence/ Wurms molt for earlier stages when you dont have soul taker and still strugle with mana, in lack of res or hp? go in rares they are really good too.

Drop the next topic DJ!
Way of Playing

This build is all about playing agressive and safe at the same time, you can jump into any kind of mob if you got the right thing.
Im tired of safier builds where we dont even see our targets, the deal is to crush and obliterate as we move foward, theres no "hit and run" this is all about FACETANK!.
While we are in the middle of a pack our block will effectively deploy Vengeance/Curse on Hit/Projectile Weakness at the same time Reckoning with STUN or KNOCKBACK thats our counter attack to crush em all.

You can jump in basically any pack if you have Unwavering Stance and Lots of block, only thing to mind is your stats, if you have no Chaos resistence then dont try to jump into Bond of Chaos if you dint got Unwavering stance why jump into mobs that Stun if you cant leech without attackin.

Gems and links
I have no 5/6 link to test whats best on clearspeed and run time so all the gems will be 4l for now!

More AgressiveAproach!
Hypothermia makes a great combo with Soul Taker and has a mechanical freeze defence.

Frost Blades

Multistrike/Hypothermia/Faster Attacks/Frost Blades

For 5l/6l my toughts are using 2 of these

Knockback/Greater Multiple Projectile/Culling Strike/Chain/IIR and IIQ/

Frost Blades Damage

For bosses with lots of health and need a focused fire this is your guy!
For high HP Fights, i had no time to test double strike effectivenes with other gems.
Ill end frost blades first then ill directly go in it.
Double Strike

Culling Strike/Faster Attacks/Melee Pshycal Damage/Double strike

Culling strike has a awesome effect in boss fights but you can drop it for Add
Fire
or Multistrike, i dont like multistrike for it repeated attack since we lose our control
Double Strike Damage

We dont need mana so we wont use enlighten, the mana is our combo.
Auras

Herald of Ash/Herald of Ice/Hatred for damage

Herald of Ice/Herald of Thunder/Determination or Grace for a defensive aproach

Movement

Leap slam desynchs less than the other ones and can climb stuff making it more effective.
Leap Slam/Faster attacks/Fortify

Blood Rage

If you sustain 3 charges of frenzy then use phase run since it consumes frenzy for more time. Blood rage is linked with Blood magic because soul taker only affects melee gems.

Blood rage/Blood Magic/Phase Run/Increased Duration

Defense Mechanism

Vengeance/Projectile Weakness/Melee Physical/Curse On Hit
if you lack leech use one in the melee physical place

Life gain on Hit/Life Leech

89 Points This is the maximum of points at the moment since im testing everything else.
Bandits :
Normal Oak (+40hp), Cruel Kraityan (+8%Attackspeed), Merciles Kraityan (+1Frenzy charge).

Skill Tree

https://goo.gl/vDVGgK

Keystone Updated

Unwavering stance : Without this you cant leech on stuning mobs such as Giant skeletons / Giant Bears / Alot of bosses. YOU NEED THIS!

Resolute Technique : Axes have shitty crit bases, we want ONSLAUGHT for our build and RT enters in this way if we dont crit why we need crit? 100% hit will be our pride!.

Iron Reflex : Lightning Coil and Belly of the beast are both Hybrid based, if youre not going for those qualities ignore this Keystone.

Point Blank : When using Frost blade the initial hit is melee when the melee damage happen the projectiles will pass our first target to the others on his back and thats when PB works and gives 20-40% damage aproximally. Here is a link to a conversation where Mark_GGG Comments how it works > https://goo.gl/EbDyRh

Iron Grip : 1 node away from the skill tree and we stack a lot of STR, at the moment i have 308 and still going up. I dont know for sure if it works on Frost Blades but as it says that apllies to projectiles and we fire projectiles hmm, should work! theres no increase of dps on the stats same as Point Blank, this makes harder to decide if its worth, future test will decide that.

I was planning on going for the circle of maximum hp points close to scion but what i decided to do was grabbing other points close to the tree that had another thing plus maximum hitpoints since as Juggernaut/Bloodless/Golem's Blood this way we gain hitpoints plus armor/flask recovery/regen and 10% more than we would get at maximum hitpoints.

The leveling will only be complete later on when i start another char since With 2.0 the majority of leveling gems i was used to go on changed their level, maybe its better go traps + totem till 30ish using cleave or someffin less boring.
As GhazzyTV says the most efficienty way of leveling is the one that you enjoy playing.

Bosses viable : This month ill bring updates about Atziri / Uber atziri / Crematorium / Torture Chamber / Mao'kun / Torture Chamber Unique map / Necropolis / Piety map / Malachai/ Uber Dominus / and many many others that would make a bible if i said all :P
PLUS I hope i have a chance to try 80-82 map runs aswell.
Build Demonstration (Video)

Bosses :

Merciless Dominus
(150ms / 400ms)
sorry servers been really shitty
https://goo.gl/1efK6z
I dint tanked him with pots because i was delayed, decided to play safe.
I can run Merci Dominus 30 times easily without issue. I was already running 68/70 rare maps at level 66 with the majority of mods too.

Dungeon Brutus

Follow bellow the map mods and video :
Done at level 71, little laggy but easy as hell, very tanky and efficient build i just had to go in circles grabbin some charges before attempting a facetank.
https://goo.gl/MzLe40

Double Brutus
First :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItKfZdJcwwE
Yet another Double Brutus :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYPYtHsmCcM

Plans and toughts

I'm in love with Frost Blades, I allways wanted a good clearspeed character but not anoying aswell as fun to play! Im having such a great time playing and improving this build, Ill bring more content with other characters and even with different styles as CI/MoM/DW.

Other important thing to mention is that im trying so hard to 6ling my chest and put the build to work on full fuel so till there wont be any Gorge time runs!

I want to make a Q&A And improve the build in all aspects so please dont be shy and gimme your trully opinion on comments.

Q&A Coming Soon

comin soon

The Good, The Bad and the Worst

Since im testing on Softcore gives me a lot of oportunities.
Trying to see what the char is stronger against and what he is weak!
When every test finishes ill be posting here what he is Good against/Bad and what is the ultimate Nightmare!

Every mob will have a strategy to face against and a setup if needed, ill do it as most detailed as it can get and every mob will receive a "Spoiler" tab inside their respective base Good/Bad/Nightmare.

Good

ClearSpeed

This is a core in almost every build, the good clearspeed for faster leveling and farm.
I can literaly run maps in two minutes without trouble, bosses also fall fast to our damage and the mitigation ensures our safety.

Bad

Chaos resistance

Chaos resistance is the main issue and the hardest to counter without sacrificing something.
We can sacrifice a ring slot and 15% maximum HP to use Mings ring
We can constantly mainten our Atziris Promise and keep an eye out for chaos enemies but when it run out of charges well, your in a bad spot pal.
Even takin 15% life it still gives alot of chaos damage overall its a good ring for the build.
Mings Ring Stats]
+(9 to 13)% to Chaos Resistance
15% reduced maximum Life
15% reduced maximum Energy Shield
+(40 to 50)% to Chaos Resistance
Gain 20% of Physical Damage as Extra Chaos Damage

Nightmare

No Attention

This will most likely kill you in everybuild but here its more severe since we run 3Flaskes and have to keep an eye to debuff curses and corrupted blood, alot of spam on our screen will happen too, ow imagine this all up. Pay attention and allways make sure your flasks are ready for pop-ups also dont panick your health potions you got only 2 this is a low number in my opinion and must be used only on danger. Keep and eye out to buffs and positioning and everything will stay fine.

Detonate Dead

Most of you have faced this nightmare atleast one time, this is the main reason where extra life based mods are a problem and should be did with EXTREMELY caution and attention
A good way of avoiding this and predicting bellow.
the summoner from lunaris temple can detonate dead and eventually every map that has blackguards will contain those mobs.
To avoid a oneshot situation, everytime you see a blue pack with extra life ou union of souls you need to go away at the moment of the targets death, same goes for bosses.

Cant be leeched

The build is based on leech as a defensive mechanic if we cant leech we cant maintein our health and thats a big issue specially if you are in a 1v1 combat.
Strategy against those mobs are simple, make them follow you into a pack of other mobs that can be leeched.
If the mob is a boss and hes solo, you will need to work on teleport to safety where you regen your pots or get away and keep refiling flasks

Update Changelog

0.17c
New content to "The Bad"
New content to "Nightmare"
New information on flasks
Bandits added bellow Skill Tree
New video
New content to "The Good"
Minor Changes on "Build Requirement"

Current Tests

Testing Frenzy to replace Double strike since its base damage seens higher and since the build is takin a way to frenzy charges this is the best option

Still linking my belly 120 fuses used atm and nuffin :P

<<>>Special Thanks<<>>
I want to thank all my friends and strangers for giving me support and incentivating me on going forward with this build and journey without you guys I would never try so hard and using so many hours of writing and re-reading and hours of build planing/buying items/farming/rendering and uploading XD

|Kendo_PoE | HealerOnly | Matnicks | CMBvevi | DEEGEEOOH | KRIPPSGRIP | ODIECAT99|

|VINICIUSFR| ClitFister |
Last edited by SirD on Jul 16, 2015, 10:06:45 AM
Hi, I think we had the same idea, more or less :)

I tried a few respecs and wanted a really tanky char for a change, I like how it turned out. The low dmg takes some getting used to when you're spoiled with crit builds doing 200k dmg tho.
This char does not die, even on merc malachai, so it's very HC viable. I don't have a lot of tank gear, so some of the pieces could be better.
Also, I'm using cleave atm since I can't find any ice crash or frost blades yet (yes, I checked vendors).

Anyway, I just wanted to give you another perspective to a very similar build. Maybe you can get some ideas from it.
It prioritizes block and defenses in general. For dps I took a lot of attack speed nodes.
I have 2% leech without blood rage and blood rage itself does not degen at all, can keep it up np. The dps with cleave and a 5L is 24k, blood rage & 3 frenzy up, no flasks, also not including hypothermia which is a more modifier and I always chill the mobs.

Some defensive stats :

58% block
56% phys dmg reduction from armour
+ arctic armour
+ lightning coil
almost 5k life
over 220 hp regen/s

It's a shadow, but can be duelist, marauder and even ranger.

Gear :
Spoiler

Tree:

"
Kendo_PoE wrote:
Hi, I think we had the same idea, more or less :)

I tried a few respecs and wanted a really tanky char for a change, I like how it turned out. The low dmg takes some getting used to when you're spoiled with crit builds doing 200k dmg tho.
This char does not die, even on merc malachai, so it's very HC viable. I don't have a lot of tank gear, so some of the pieces could be better.
Also, I'm using cleave atm since I can't find any ice crash or frost blades yet (yes, I checked vendors).

Anyway, I just wanted to give you another perspective to a very similar build. Maybe you can get some ideas from it.
It prioritizes block and defenses in general. For dps I took a lot of attack speed nodes.
I have 2% leech without blood rage and blood rage itself does not degen at all, can keep it up np. The dps with cleave and a 5L is 24k, blood rage & 3 frenzy up, no flasks, also not including hypothermia which is a more modifier and I always chill the mobs.

Some defensive stats :

58% block
56% phys dmg reduction from armour
+ arctic armour
+ lightning coil
almost 5k life
over 220 hp regen/s

It's a shadow, but can be duelist, marauder and even ranger.

Gear :
Spoiler

Tree:

Hey kendo thanks for commenting!

I love the decision you made going 2 CWDT makes a lot tankier and safely for HC I was considering it for phase run but the manual cast uses less links and ill need as many as possible! and Leap slam + fortify is also great, im bored of hittin mobs with vigilant strike! Ill start using as you do too! about the flame golem and rayling i had no oportunity to try these ones but for me seems like useless since you need to keep casting over and over again.
Other thing I cant stop thinking is clearspeed, how your guy is doing on it? im quite curious since i never saw a cleave end game specially hypothermia + soul taker combo! this is the first time i saw one and its really interesting ill try it too!

Overall im so glad you posted because you made me think in a bunch of crazy things :DD! also it sounds like shadow/ranger is the Core for mine! when i theorycrafted it duelist skill tree came with more Survivability and adaptment for future nerfs also less leech dependent on gear, with ranger the atackspeed is highly increased and block too but less HC viable, Ill try one half/half ranger and eventually a shadow to see how it goes in progression!
ooOHhh Try a taste of hate to use in combination of L Coil its almost unbeliavable how overpowered it is :)! oh almost forgot :V, you tried atziri/double vaal/dual piety/dominus map ? if so tell me how it was ! Thanks O///
Ever think of dual wielding soul taker + a claw for life on hit?

To get hella life on hit you can link w/ chain:
Frost Blades, Multistrike, Chain, Hypothermia, Critical Chance, Crit Multiplier

Maybe get point blank and Iron Will as well?
IGN: YeahCrit

My Guides
Dual Claw Molten Strike Ranger HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1178252
Elmo Fire Templar HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/93967
Yeah, the warcry is a bit shit and I changed it for inc duration on blood rage. Flame golem is actually quite survivable for not having anything linked to it, so it's a free 20% dmg and acts as a decoy sometimes, soaking up some damage.

Clearspeed is pretty good for a non-crit char. I did a pretty hard shrine map earlier and since the character is so tough I don't have to tip-toe around or play 'smart' and I can just leap into packs and start hitting. Since cleave is all physical, it also helps with the life leech. Phys reflect is a non issue, I hardly notice it. The boss was super easy, only one tho.

I'm way overcapped on resists atm, so I might change some master crafts on gloves & shield to attack speed and block respectively.
"
YeahPete wrote:
Ever think of dual wielding soul taker + a claw for life on hit?

To get hella life on hit you can link w/ chain:
Frost Blades, Multistrike, Chain, Hypothermia, Critical Chance, Crit Multiplier

Maybe get point blank and Iron Will as well?

Actually i never used a claw after lvl 10, i have no experience to create a build.
The idea is quite interesting unfortunatly i have no idea how to build DW or Claw :(

About PB and IW I Think they work perfectly together and make good synergy dunno how theres none out there yet!
Last edited by SirD on Jul 14, 2015, 7:34:29 PM
Anyone sellin double bosses maps, contact IGN : GimmaTry
Last edited by SirD on Jul 16, 2015, 12:49:36 AM
Currently trying it in warbands to see if I can make it work from scratch. Thank you for your work in this guide, appreciate it.

Question! I know Soul Taker is core but since its pretty expensive for a fresh league, any ideas for an alternative? What about Jack, the Axe as a high level solution until Soul Taker and Lakishu's Blade for leveling?
Stay out of the shadows, playboy.
Last edited by Zariel on Jul 16, 2015, 7:18:41 AM
In terms of your links, do not use LMP/GMP! Frost Blades is a comparatively weak skill and you don't need to decrease the damage of its projectiles further. Chain suffers from a similar issue; try Fork instead (unless you somehow get crazy damage anyway). I also think Knockback is a waste. Hypothermia is excellent, though, since you don't get freeze chance any other way, and you might find that with FB + Multistrike + Fork you don't need Faster Attacks.

You might consider grabbing Sniper for the projectile speed (allows you to hit enemies that are farther away). If you can fit in a jewel slot, Warlord's Reach is a nice option. What about taking frenzy charges on the tree?

Btw, Life Gain on Hit is insane with Frost Blades (even just a little on gear goes a long way). You can facetank pretty much anything that won't one-shot you.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Jul 16, 2015, 8:16:14 AM
"
Zariel wrote:
Currently trying it in warbands to see if I can make it work from scratch. Thank you for your work in this guide, appreciate it.

Question! I know Soul Taker is core but since its pretty expensive for a fresh league, any ideas for an alternative? What about Jack, the Axe as a high level solution until Soul Taker and Lakishu's Blade for leveling?

Yes "Jack,The Axe" is a great subistitute for Soul Taker and Lakishus is also a great leveling sword, Soul taker is only needed for his incredible mana ability besides his great base atackspeed/damage but if your going "Jack, The axe" some changes have to be made until you reach Soul taker 4 Mana leech nodes, you also can take out 4 Life leech nodes since Jack has a good 2% but will slightly decrease your survivability.

4 Nodes in Red

https://goo.gl/VBfmWE

Also you have to choose only 1 aura between the three Heralds or going with BloodMagic gem. I also dont recommend going for the mana leech gem unless you want to rush "Resolute Technique" this is your decision.

Hypothermia is the recommended gem for changes, "Mana Leech" "Life leech" "Life gain on Hit" "Blood Magic"
In matter of helmet think about using enlighten + alpha howl for the use of 3 auras.

Good luck in your journey and have fun with this incredble skill \O/
Last edited by SirD on Jul 16, 2015, 8:56:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info