My one issue so far

Forgive me if this issue has been brought up already.

I'm wondering what the difference is between different characters, besides where they start in the skill grid, and the graphical skin they have.

It's feeling like the character classes are not very unique. I could make a spellcasting marauder or bow wielding witch and do fine. And while I admire the flexibility of the system, I wish that each class had some skill, some ability, some trait that ONLY they had, to separate them from the rest.
"When you have a hammer, everything looks like a nail."
Hi Mj ,
Besides passive skill starting point , each class have different starting stats.
Witch : 30 int 14/14 str,dex
Ranger,Maurader 30/14/14 str/dex
Templar/Duellist 22/22/14
Part of the fun is the possibility to create "odd" builds eg. bow wielding witch. But given the starting points , it cost more nodes to get to desired area.(and you will much likely be weaker than a "pure" one.
Rgds ,
L
**Better to burnout , than to fade away**
Closed Beta Member since September 2011
You could make a spell casting marauder, but the nodes around his starting point don't offer anything helpful. It would be very costly to be a pure spellcaster and would probably end up gimped.

But there is enough flexibility to gety a few supporting spells, you just can't specialize in it.
Seeing as the skill simply come from orbs... having a bow witch is nothing more then a gimped ranger, so there is really no diversity found in that... not on a efficient level at least

Since classes have nothing unique to add to any given build, the starting points pretty much dictate the only effective playstyles that character will have. Shame really...

But who knows what will happen when/if more skills get added. But now, except for skin and being less effective, the differences are to small (none?)
"
Lazze wrote:
Hi Mj ,
Besides passive skill starting point , each class have different starting stats.
Witch : 30 int 14/14 str,dex
Ranger,Maurader 30/14/14 str/dex
Templar/Duellist 22/22/14
Part of the fun is the possibility to create "odd" builds eg. bow wielding witch. But given the starting points , it cost more nodes to get to desired area.(and you will much likely be weaker than a "pure" one.
Rgds ,
L

The fun is creating odd builds, after you have mastered the obvious. Or not, that's what the plethora of gear is for :)

You can create a kicking melee witch if that is what you want to do. There is one that has made it to at least 50.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info