[2.0] Disfavour Cyclone | mana | IR | RT | AA |Bloodlust + Hypothermia (videos added)

Fisq! I'm honored heh. I used to run your bino's dual striker.

In the 77 map, you're right, i wasn't using leap slam to proc bleeds before cyclone very carefully (keep in mind vengeance also applies it), but the trash was melting anyway.

Using your 5L, what would you use instead to proc fortify? Its terrible linked to cyclone.

Also, with my lack of a lvl 4 enlighten, I need the +2 boost from the axe to run the auras and still keep mana up.

I could swap out the warlords mark CoH with vulnerability on vengeance I suppose, but the bleed doesn't really do alot of damage and would apply extra bleed damage only after the first leap slam (with another leap slam).

If you have any pointers, I'm all ears. Especially about what to do with the flame golem, it's semi worthless without a minion health gem.
Last edited by wraith08 on Aug 9, 2015, 3:17:42 AM
OK, i don't know how you like to play but I'll point out things i would change.

Arctic armour only works if you're stationary, which you're not with cyclone.

This leaves hatred and HoA plus another herald if you feel like reserving 100%. No need for the expensive enlighten gem. I prefer linking prolif to HoA for extra clear speed.

Use cyclone with blood magic so you don't need to worry about mana, especially against bosses where you can't leech enough.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Just to prevent other's confusion:

"
Arctic armour only works if you're stationary, which you're not with cyclone.

Yes, it does not reduce incoming damage while cycloning. It does still chill when hit and chill those in the ice trail, helping hypothermia work and reducing enemy attack speed by 30%.

"
Use cyclone with blood magic so you don't need to worry about mana, especially against bosses where you can't leech enough.

This is an option, you could save points from going to the aura reservation wheel as well. You would however lose around 40% more damage from hypothermia.

I think I'll try replacing fire golem with ele prolif (in the axe) like you suggest, I'll see how that works. I'm not sure it will provide a huge addition to clear speed since cyclone doesn't provide the alpha to proc huge overkill ignites (like your crit builds do).
Last edited by wraith08 on Aug 9, 2015, 2:44:43 PM
I'm not at end end game yet(only lvl 75) but I find getting a bit more mana leech (total of 0.8% at the moment) helps a lot. I went from sucking a mana flask all the time to only having to use it every once in a while(like when cycloning between packs).
I hit the pot every now and then, but even single target I dont have mana problems with this build. I think its definitely superior to using BM. The only caveat really is that I'd definitely link leap slam with BM so you always have a "get out of trouble" ability, and it leaches mana when you hit with it for no cost.
just how good is Disfavour? I have the exalts to buy one but it would gimp my other slots. Is it so awesome that its worth buying even if I have to n00b it out in maps with my Tabula?
IGN: DabrixRN
Last edited by Thomasmgp on Aug 17, 2015, 5:34:42 PM
I'd say barring some crazy new crafted rare, it's BIS for cyclone ( or other things that depend heavily on weapon range like vengeance). It's got very high damage and attack speed.

It's +2 to supports combos well with enhance empower and enlighten (better than it did w red mana before) as well, lending itself more to utility linkage vs damage (2 lvls on melee supports is. Ice, but not a huge deal).

It's bleed on hit can be used two ways - to enable bloodlust like I did with leap slam and vengeance way better than any other weapon, or to directly utilize the DoT damage, which I haven't tried.

Using a tabula you'll probably be super squishy trying to melee and would def need to run LGoH and maybe a defensive aura like grace.
Cast on damage taken + Rallaying cry dont work for me. :/
Flame golem is better then chaos?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info