Detonate Mines

"
Toverkol wrote:
Is it drop-only, or is there a recipe to get the gem?

Drop-only, so, trade chat.
hi i have been playing remote mine build since the start of this season, i am now using a 5 link tremor rod with fireball, lmp, added lightning, crit strike and crit damage. Its been working really well now lvl 81 doing 74 maps. The detonate mines gem dropped so i was really excited to think about what i could link to this to continue to increase options of this build. I started thinking wow i can link spell echo to this - but no that doesn't work, so then i tried added chaos - but that doesn't work - no support gems work with this gem even though it states that 'detonate mines' gem is a spell ... so what is the point in this gem being in the game!!!!?

big disappointment for the mine builds, are there any thoughts on this?
only... trigger gems (important!) and faster casting. echo only provides the "more cast speed" unless you are also using the unique for mines to detonate a second time.

this gem doesn't damage, its the skills it finishes that does.
"
unless you are also using the unique for mines to detonate a second time.

Yes this is the staff i use - it is called tremor rod.

"
echo only provides the "more cast speed"

Cast speed is pointless with volatile mines passive - I would assume most mine builds would take this.

I just think it is a missed opportunity for mine builds to not have any options to use this gem for.

If someone uses this gem with trigger gems successfully fair enough but just think of the possibilities if it could be used in a more interesting and diverse way by combining support gems when you detonate.
'More interesting and diverse', ie. twice the normal amount of Supports.
There's a pretty obvious reason for it not applying its Supports to all your Mines.
If it is a dps worry then this could be balanced with testing, but I see little point in the gem existing with the current version of the game.

At the the moment it's like having a 'basic attack skill gem', it functions exactly the same as the basic attack function except that it is a white gem - no supports work with it but you could use it with trigger gems ... pointless!
Please, reduce mine/trap arm times.

Also, if you press D while running, the character stops/stutters, canceling his current actions. Please, make it usable on the move/while casting other things, at least with the instant detonation notable taken!
Last edited by Vanarchy on Aug 22, 2015, 3:40:07 AM
Detonate Mines gem placed inside a Spell Totem does not recognize Summoned Raging Spirits as enemies, can this be fixed?

Also, with the upcoming buffs to Mine Detonation Radius it would be nice if Detonate Mines totem would also get an increased enemy search range.
"
Vanarchy wrote:
Detonate Mines gem placed inside a Spell Totem does not recognize Summoned Raging Spirits as enemies, can this be fixed?

Working as intended; Raging Spirits cannot be targeted by any Skill.
i use
scold bridle helm: 400%of mana cost taken as damage, to detonate mine-cwdt
i have 4*detonate mine-cwdt, so it always triggers, when i lay a mine
i have Tremor rod staff: mines can be detonated a extra time

my mine arm time interfear me

i have remote mine-minefield-summmon raging spirit-xx-xx

if i slowly click on my mineskill, i get 6*SrS per 1 click

if i spam my mine skill
i only get 3or4 SrS per click
i have 7maximum mines

if i increase my mines to 9maximum mines, do i get 6SrS per click
or do i need 12maximum mines

what is the armtime for my mines?
linking cast speed/items, to make my mine cast faster, not seems to help at all

this is a bit crazy, i detonate mine, everytime i lay down 1 mine

e/i remove my minefield gem, and my tremor rod
so i only have remote mine-lightning warp-xx-xx-xx
my detonate mine, always triggers
i spam mine, without minelay speed
and still i have 4 mines on the ground when stop spam
so this means, 4*3minefield*2staff adintinal mine*1.4minelay speed = 34maximum number of mines needed
to make everything work, like it should be
omg
Last edited by Tommyvv on Mar 15, 2016, 12:02:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info