Detonate Mines

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last bumped on Jun 1, 2017, 12:07:05 PM
what is the difference between this gem and clicking D to detonate mines?
"
kompaniet wrote:
what is the difference between this gem and clicking D to detonate mines?
you can link this to supports, specifically "cast on" trigger gems.
ahh i see.
any good ideas for such supports?
Last edited by kompaniet on Jul 19, 2015, 5:06:59 PM
just... trigger gems. you support your mines you already placed. this gem doesn't benefit from anything but faster casting. because it does not deal damage, penalties from cast on damage taken, does not apply.
Get used to dropping Smoke Mines before entering combat and it'll get you an escape when shit gets real. Something like that is probably the most interesting? Maybe a level 1 CwDT and just a lot of Mine spamming could be useful too, so you get some free triggers when placing Mines.
Spell totem + Detonate Mines + "Detonation of mines is instant" notable seems bugged: skill tooltip still shows 0.2 sec cast time. When I link it to faster casting, tooltip cast speed goes down to 0.15.

When I decided to try the Tremor Rod out, I thought with no matter how fast laying speed, "Volatile mines" notable will cause all mines to be detonated instantly by the spell totem as long as there are monsters in totem range. Tremor Rod mechanics seems badly coded as well: instead of detonating same mine twice, upon first detonation it seems to create a second mine that takes ~0.5 seconds to arm (wikipedia page says mines, unlike traps, are not supposed to have arm time), and only after this delay second explosion occurs.

GGG devs, can you look into this, please? Mine builds are very niche and clunky already, they are bashed by unavailability of many things like the ability to trigger heralds, get mana/life on kill from passives, leech, casting spells directly at a particular group of monsters instead of the closest one, etc.

I'm not here asking if "it works as intended", I'm more interested in "even if it works as 'intended', should some things be reconsidered?".

tl;dr Mine laying is underwhelming to say the least - I was expecting my "active mines currently" counter to be constantly stuck at 0/1/0/1 - with spell totem detonating everything instantly via "Detonate Mines" skill gem + "Volatile Mines" notable.
Last edited by Vanarchy on Jul 22, 2015, 8:37:31 AM
"
Vanarchy wrote:
Spell totem + Detonate Mines + "Detonation of mines is instant" notable seems bugged: skill tooltip still shows 0.2 sec cast time. When I link it to faster casting, tooltip cast speed goes down to 0.15.
The tooltip shows the time it would take if not instant. It can't currently show no time.

"
Vanarchy wrote:
Tremor Rod mechanics seems badly coded as well: instead of detonating same mine twice, upon first detonation it seems to create a second mine that takes ~0.5 seconds to arm (wikipedia page says mines, unlike traps, are not supposed to have arm time), and only after this delay second explosion occurs.
There is no second mine, it's the same mine. After being detonated, it immediately begins arming again to be ready for a second detonation. Mines do have and have always have had an arming time before they can be detonated.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Mines do have and have always have had an arming time before they can be detonated.

Can you please specify, what the exact trap / mine arm times are?

Also, can we expect some improvements to trap and mine mechanics? Lifting inability to trigger herald of thunder, for instance?

Big thanks, Mark!
How can i obtain this gem?

Is it drop-only, or is there a recipe to get the gem?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info