[Need Help] 2.0 Ice Shot + PA Trap + HoT, HoA, Hatred

Guys,

I've played this game a long time ago and never got the chance to really go deep in it. For example, last time I've played there was no Scion....

But now, with the new expansion, I'm considering to start a new character and really go for it (play this only character until lvl 85 or so).

So, I would like to have your help to make this build as reliable as possible but keeping it fun and thematic. I've inspired myself by reading some guides and even reactivated an old lvl 30 standard league character to test some stuff...

With all that said, it's possible to solo lvl up a build like this one? This is how I've imagined:

Passive Tree (lvl 87):
Spoiler
http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAF4DHgW1BfkGIwguDY0VIBa_GYoZjhm0Go8byBvgH0EhdiP2JJ0mlSoLKlstgzBxMHwyATKUM3g2PTnUOkJHBkd-Sn1LeE2SUUdSr1LsVUtW-luvYeJiWmKsZU1noGf8bIxtbG_ycFJ2gn11fwJ_K4Jehs6Hdow2jX2Nv5ANlQWXBpsmm42dqqCfpuCn1K1Kshm0xbTRtUi74702vqfBM8LsxKLIDMu9z3rQ0NN-1CPWitnG2-fcFd0N3ajjhOOf5oHnOujW7YPvevPq9qP22vsJ_rr-yA==

Bandits:
Oak, Kill all, Kill all.

Gems and links:
Spoiler
4-L (R,R,R,R)
CwDT
Endurance Cry
Immortal Call
Increased Duration

4-L (G, G, G, B)
Trap
Poison Arrow
Slower Projectiles
Concentrated Effect

4-L (R, B, G, R or G)
Reduced Mana
Herald of thunder
Culling Strike
Life leech (or blind)

6-L (R, G, R, B, B, B)
Reduced Mana
Hatred
Herald of Ash
Elemental Proliferation
Increased Area of effect
Elemental Weakness

6-L (G, G, R, G, R, R)
Ice Shot
Pierce
Weapon Elemental Dmg.
Physical Projectile Dmg
Blood Magic (really need blood magic? Or should I go crit?)
Life Leech

About my choices and doubts:
Spoiler
Trap: Is more a thematic thing. I really would like to have an animal companion, but a trapper bow ranger is fine enough. Is that ok for end game?

Sockets: I can find/buy any gear/weapon that match the sockets requirements? I really want to go for acrobatics but my gear requires a lot of red and blue sockets.

Auras
Following this calculator (https://poe.mikelat.com/#-x0i=B/7lJtTb/0KExvi) I should have 60% mana reserved for auras (Charisma + 2 Lvl 20 Q20% reduced mana gems). Is this realistic? I really need the blood magic gem with IS?

Curse
Doesn't need to be in a 6 link, put it there just for convenience (reduced mana and Increased AoE). This is the best curse for my case?

Mana and blood magic gem
With my 40+ ranger in 1.3 I have to use a clarity lvl 6 to, barely, sustain my IS. Ok that gear is not ideal, but it really scared me about mana consuption with this set up. Any idea about end game?

Vaal Pact
The new keystone positioning is tempting. Should I go for it?

Uniques
There is any unique good for my build?

So, as you can see, I'm noob as hell. But is this somehow viable late game? Is too expensive? Reflect mob is a problem (this is also new for me)?

Hope you guys can give me some feedback.

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by Pedigra on Jul 8, 2015, 7:49:24 PM
Your best bet is to follow something like Neversink's 2.0

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1041989

He is working on updating it to league Hardcore if that's your thing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info