Pure Summoner Potential Build Help

I have always been thinking that a pure summoner build would be my favorite thing to do since I started playing. I posted about this in an old post that it bugs me that we have to go auramancer and curses and so on to be effective. I've been prepping for the 2.0 patch and trying to figure out the most pure summoner I can develop without sacrificing too much for the sake of being all about the summons. Things I am hoping to pull off are as follows:

1) Midnight Bargain x2 or Mon'Tregul's Grasp + shield combos. So far it appears that Mon'tregul will be my go to until I have enough ES and Chaos Resist.
2) Vis Mortis body currently 5 linked will 6 link eventually.
3) Sidhebreathe, Bones of Ullr and +2 helm
4) The new Heartbound loop x2 (I have been assuming the 350 damage taken is from minions expiring as well like skeletons or SRS expiring)
5) Animated Guardian with Dying Breathe and Leer Cast
6) As many of the Summoner Jewels as I can manage.

7) Still hopefully pull off end game maps (currently have only ever done 72 at highest so far). Not able to do Uber Atziri is fine but I would prefer to be normal capable.

I am mostly concerned about gimping my build too much by trying to stick to the pure summoner theme. This means I would prefer if maybe two defensive auras are used max no EE proccing and no curses. Although it all comes down to if those things will work better I will fit them in because I do want to be in end game confidently.

Links so far:

5L Raise Spectre - Minion Damage - Spell Echo - Faster Casting - Increased AOE - (6L Conc Effect)
4L Helm Raise Zombie - Minion Life - Fortify (Maybe Multistrike or something else) - Minion and Totem Ele Resist
3L Convocation - Flesh Offering - Increased Duration
4L Animated Guardian - Minion Life - Minion and Totem Elemental Resist - Fortify?
4L Summon Skeletons - Faster Casting - Spell Totem - ?
3L Discipline - (another Aura?) - ? (Won't need enhance I believe.)

I am not sure if swapping Skeletons for having a couple SRS around that I spam during fights would be better and again if running EE or any curses would be better than what I have been planning. I am assuming Evangelist Spectres unless my build feels safe with Lanternbearers or Flame Sentinels. Unlikely when I go dual midnight bargains though.

http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAW8GSQceDXwQlxEPEVATbBVQGDwYVhslHNwdTyepKPopTyqYMtE1uTsNQ2NEBEVHSVFJsUuuTLNNuVIpVeBXyVhaWpFca2ZUaPJqrGvbbAttGXFNfEt9GH5Zf8aCm4LHhEiFMoVghXuIQIt6jHaPGo9Gj_qQM5MnlS6az5uhnjyhL6aspwinK6h9qsSsmLQMtQS2hrcxuJO9J76Kv5fBxcNtyT3K08y80B_T-9fP2QvZW9rd34ri9-Qi6QLquuvu7BjsOOyK7SDviO_r8NXyHvfX-Tf56PqA

Skill Tree so far, aimed for a lot of Jewels spots as well to try to get all 4 new minion Unique Jewels in with extra for rare Jewels to compensate as needed. Obviously would be a fairly high level to reach that many points though.

"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Last edited by PleiadesBlackstar on Jul 5, 2015, 3:41:47 PM
these are the problems I can see there:

short on life - it seems you want to focus on energy shield and to leave life behind. This is no good approach for various reasons - stun chance and shock/freeze duration is based on max life. With poor life and no defenses you will get stunned from every other hit. There is also chaos damage and the fact that you cant replenish es using flasks.. I suggest either going full CI (can be expensive) or getting decent life (for a summoner) and considering ES to be nice bonus on the top

uniques - too many of them in my opinion, you have only little slots left for gear with life/resists/(decent)ES

Heartbound loop x2 - this will get you killed - imagine you meet some strong encounter (ie boss with strong AoE skill), your meatsheilds are killed and on top of that you receive 700 phys damage from each of them. This also prevents you from using vaal skeletons (and probably also skeleton totem), which is very good skill for tough situations/bosses

in my opinion, you cant compensate for dropping curses and EE with anything you are planning (whatever it is).

you should include Purity of elements aura, it greatly increases minion survivability

are you confident with your mana management plan? Summons are not cheap and you also have MoM

IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
I am currently finding that it is disappointing to try to take on temple piety and have all my minions ripped apart before she is dead leaving me with having to go resummon evangelists before continuing and likewise for other heavy hitting bosses.

Chaos damage should no be a problem aiming for full chaos resist. I remember a post I had questioned on a long time ago when leagues merged that somebody was dual midnighting and not having chaos trouble as long as you paid attention.

I was thinking more life was needed but still aiming for energy shield. Most people simply are not used to hybriding es and life anymore. I'll admit I've been ripping the last few days but I've gotten better at timing convocations to prevent stuns and other icky situations with not too much life. Es has been a nice buffer to save my life from damage and then I book it out of there. The rest is getting convocation and attention down more so chaos does not mess with my currently pathetic resist. I am actually not having g too much resist issues although necro aegis may change that if I opt for it.

Again I don't know if heart bound damages on expire. If not the entire plan was to always vaal skele at bosses and with the dual midnight and jewel increases hopefully rip bosses before they start slaughtering.

Overall, focusing most defense on es and some life doesn't seem to be an issue with higher chaos resist. Avoiding stuns andaxing out gems for quicker clears seems to be my biggest killer with it so far.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
It also just irks that summoners are supposed to use summons as their defense but the AI change to enemies makes it appear that this will never happen. I can understand wanting to reduce golem targeting but if thisakea dual midnights too rippy then it would seem that montregul is the only option to have a happy living summoner and I would prefer more spectres.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
there is nothing wrong with life/es hybrid, but I think the life still should be a priority in this setup. Considering how important and good source of HP life is compared to ES

I consider decent ES on top of life to be a nice bonus that helps against stuns and burst/spike damage, but thats all

ofc, high regen with Zealot Oath, Ghost reaver, or high block Aegis aurora can give ES in hybrid setups lot of extra value..
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Jul 6, 2015, 1:12:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info