Dual wield Mjölner and another weapon seems bugged when using Molten Strike

Hi, GGG. My friend and I have tested the way Mjölner trigger while Dual wielding it and a dagger.

We tested almost all the skills that will attack alternately, such as Spectral Throw, Lightning Strike, etc.

And most of them worked just as expected -- Spells only triggered when we attack with Mjölner and never triggered when attack with the dagger. Thus the trigger rate is nearly half compared to the rate not wearing the dagger.

But when it comes to Molten Strike we find that the trigger rate is extremely high and even much higher than just using Mjölner itself(not dual wielding). Then we slow down our attack and find that the attack made by dagger can trigger spells too! We made every attack after the last attack action was totally completed(all the balls have fallen) so can 100% be sure that the spell did be triggered by the dagger, not by anything related to the attack made by Mjölner. And this can explain why the trigger rate becomes almost twice rather than half as other skills work.

In all tests above, we used Mjölner as mainhand weapon and dagger as offhand. We also tried using Mjölner as the offhand and dagger as mainhand. And the bugged situation didn't happen this way(dagger attack can't trigger spell using Molten Strike).

So it is reasonable to believe that Mjölner don't work as expected in this specific situation(when we use it as mainhand weapon and wield another weapon as offhand to perform Molten Strike) is a bug.

GGG could you please confirm whether it is a true bug? Thx in advance.

This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I have also experienced this issue and have done some experimentation,
when using Mjölner in your mainhand and another weapon in your offhand, all the projectiles from molten strike can trigger Mjölner while the melee hit still seems to alternate between the weapons.
if you use another mainhand and mjölner in your offhand you will never trigger Mjölner from the projectiles of molten strike but you can trigger them from the initial melee hit.
Either molten strike is bugged and only the mainhand is used for projectiles, or Mjölner has a bug when it comes to the projectiles from molten strike.

another skill witch I experience something similar with is Dual Strike, if you use dual strike with Mjölner in your offhand, it will never trigger.
"
Mizzajl wrote:
I have also experienced this issue and have done some experimentation,
when using Mjölner in your mainhand and another weapon in your offhand, all the projectiles from molten strike can trigger Mjölner while the melee hit still seems to alternate between the weapons.
if you use another mainhand and mjölner in your offhand you will never trigger Mjölner from the projectiles of molten strike but you can trigger them from the initial melee hit.
Either molten strike is bugged and only the mainhand is used for projectiles, or Mjölner has a bug when it comes to the projectiles from molten strike.

another skill witch I experience something similar with is Dual Strike, if you use dual strike with Mjölner in your offhand, it will never trigger.

Thanks for the supplement. You find more issues and details than me : )
disappointed for GGG :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info