Changes to Map Mods for The Awakening

Good change, about time to give more reward to difficult map mods.
I like these changes ! But the problem is still that RNG will be the major factor in the possibility to even have the chance to drop the map to play these new mods...
Maker of ZeeL's Amplifier.
"
Serleth wrote:

It's pretty hard to introduce "broken" map mods.

You have much to learn about GGG's capabilities then.
In years to come
You hear my name
When darkness falls
On judgment day
Very interresting. So, finally, that's the shift to rarity that you guys have been talking about for like 2 years. Glad to see packsize as implicit too. Globally it seems like it's gonna be a lot more interresting to roll maps. I, however, share some concerns that the rarity added will not help us see the color of mid tier maps more easily. With pack size gone, it will probably be even harder.

I can see with a lot of changes that you are trying hard to increase the interrest span of the leagues. There's a lot of higher end stuff ot obtain and to do. I'll see how it works but I'm effraid it won't work for me personnally, I've only tried atziri a couple times as the gear wall pushes me back earlier most times. The real issue with progression for me is in the beginning of end game, and that's exactly where you've taken stuff away to push them further to end game. That's how I feel but I've yet to experience mapping in beta, so we'll see.

On a side note : Time to stock on chaos orbs boyz.
Last edited by Renahud on Jun 26, 2015, 7:34:29 AM
These changes seem to be reasonable and justified (if implemented correctly).
But what about some "too nasty" mods, like reduced max res or blood magic? Perhaps those should feel a nerfbat?
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
I have to say that these changes are completely awaesome and I have already had fun testing a handful of maps before I had to get to bed >.<.

Looking forward to an ENTIRE weekend of mapping now. Playing challenging maps and getting rewarded for it is almost to good to be true. No more rolling packsize/magic/rare on every single map or I just don't run it lol.

I did not read anything in the manifesto post though about what is changing with droprates exactly. Just said in announcements that "Some adjustments have been made to map drop chances"

I mean I know you stated before that you want it to be pretty easy to maintain low-midtier but still slightly challenging to maintain the highest tier of maps 80-82.

I would love to see 2 things however.

1.) Get rid of temp chains please. I do not know ANYONE that runs temp chains map and if someone does they are probably close to the only one. You could give +100% pack size +100 IIR +100% IIQ and I still would not run temp chains. It is really that annoying of a mod to run on a map.

2.) I love bloodlines put please get rid of necrovigil and p-link. I cannot stand those mods either they are so annoying.

Other than that, great job as always GGG.
It would be awesome if there was just a slight colour change or soemthing done to the maps to be able to easily distinguish the tiers at a glance.
These changes are good, the one problem I have is the pairing of magic monsters with Bloodlines. Bloodlines is the one league mod that I have not liked and when applied to every monster can actually make me hate playing this game. I quit the 1 month Torment/Bloodlines league after completing the challenges in only 11 days because Bloodlines was too dreadful to play. Playing in the beta now with Bloodlines on 1 out of every 10 packs (seems that way, actual number might be different), is fine, but please, do not go back to having it on every pack again, even as just a map mod. I will roll past that mod every time if that is the case.
Better and better news regarding mapping.

Hohohoo

of Exposure Area yields 18% more Items
(-12 to -8)% maximum Player Resistances

Full list here:

http://cb.poedb.tw/us/mod.php?type=36
Second-class poe gamer
Hm map changes looking good but let's see first how the rewards of hard maps are turning out.
You get 99.9% of shit items and that's worth it to risk your char?
But wait and see.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info