[2.2] Nuclear Shell - VMS Scolds Flameblast [DEAD AFTER 2.3.0]

Nevermind thanks, Nice build.

Last edited by Xpartaco on Jul 14, 2015, 11:03:32 AM
Are you sure the spell echo linked to vaal molten shell is triggering?
"
fer662 wrote:
Are you sure the spell echo linked to vaal molten shell is triggering?

I played Scolds/Molten a lot, and yeah it deos, u have a "double layer" of vaal molten shell with it.
Hey.

Once again here.

Got it up to date, except for last unique needed - Rathpith and maybe replace vaal caress with a higher ES gloves.

Thinking about Atziri. Any luck trying it out can you burst her down, so she dies in the first phase?

Pretty much every other map boss dies nearly in seconds.

P.s. what about switching away from CoF to Infernal Mantle? That's an amazing boost to dps, and you could replace gloves with a good 3resist.
Last edited by tradzhedy on Jul 24, 2015, 12:59:12 PM
"
tradzhedy wrote:
Hey.

Once again here.

Got it up to date, except for last unique needed - Rathpith and maybe replace vaal caress with a higher ES gloves.

Thinking about Atziri. Any luck trying it out can you burst her down, so she dies in the first phase?

Pretty much every other map boss dies nearly in seconds.

P.s. what about switching away from CoF to Infernal Mantle? That's an amazing boost to dps, and you could replace gloves with a good 3resist.

Problem with Atziri herself is that it is a multiphase fight, so you have to rely on Incinerate mostly.

I haven't tested this yet, but do Vaal gems retain souls if put out of their sockets?
If so, what you can do is just to charge several Moltens on trash and change them during phases.

Infernal Mantle is a more glasscannon option for crit builds - CoF provides very good flat phys reduction, which I find way more important for mapping than just getting more dps which this build has enough already.

For Atziri herself I'd probably switch to Belly and alternative Incin setup with FPen. Unfortunately I don't have a 6L, I'll see if 5L will be enough or not.
Skill setup with Belly would be: Incin-Slower Proj-LL-FPen-Echo
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Jul 27, 2015, 11:39:12 AM
What role has the ball lightning?
which item should i get first, rathpith or scold's ?
"

Rathpith. It is much cheaper compared to Scolds. Get one with 55%+ spellblock.

"
racmos wrote:
What role has the ball lightning?

With Cybil's Paw each hit gives you life, and Ball Lightning can generate a lot of hits while travelling through a large enemy group. You can also link Blind to it.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Aug 2, 2015, 3:56:34 AM
I ended up modifying this build a lot and really like it. I might post a thread of my own when I finish minmaxing it. But for starters:

You should remove spell echo from your chest. It actually makes VMS proc less often, since it only procs when you actually spend mana. with spell echo, that only happens every other cast.

For me:
With spell echo = 16.95 casts -> 8.475 VMS/S
Without spell echo = 10 casts -> 10 VMS/S

Your DPS calculations are off because of this reason
Last edited by fer662 on Aug 2, 2015, 4:51:10 PM
"
"

Rathpith. It is much cheaper compared to Scolds. Get one with 55%+ spellblock.

oh, already got a scolds now because its cheaper in warbands.

i've got another question, which boots / chestpiece do you use for atziri herself? just good rares or any special uniques?

thanks for the guide btw, i'm really enjoying this build
Last edited by LiquidPirateCat on Aug 3, 2015, 2:42:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info