[1.3] RF EK Auto-Quad Curse Self-Triggering CWDT MS & Discharge Burn Proliferation

-u wot m8?
-a study in contrivance

Gotta get some fresh videos up

Gear:
Spoiler

Flasks:

I lug around a lot of switch gems and some gear for different map mods like ele reflect, curse immunity, -max res, no/50% regen. These are the worst map mods, yet still playable. I like how versatile this toon is.
Some switch gems and equipment:
Spoiler

Passive tree lvl 90

Still Oak fanboy.

Old shit below:

Spoiler

Videos:

Fracture bandits Gorge
Fracture triple dmg mod Courtyard
Vanilla packsize Precinct

EDIT: video on updated build

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Passive tree at lvl 86

Gear:
Spoiler

---

For some switch EK setups.

Bandits:

Oak fanboy all the way

---

Images of damage (RF on) and defense:
Spoiler

Defense

EK

Molten Shell

Discharge with 6 endurance charges

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's going on here?

CWDT lvl 1 is triggering punishment curse here, which is reflected on me since it's in this item. This keeps me damaging myself, to trigger everything again and again even when I'm not getting hit by mobs.

CWDT lvl 1 is triggering elemental weakness, warlord's mark and flammability here, and they all overwrite the useless punishment curse on mobs since they're on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th slot of the item, while punishment is on the 1st slot of Shackles of the Wretched. They aren't reflected on me since they're in a normal item.

I cast Ethereal Knives, which is physical damage, and since punishment is on me, some of that damage is reflected to me. This keeps the CWDT curses and other spells on CWDT running (enduring cry, molten shell, discharge).

All of the above should be widely known with perhaps the exception of the socket order of spell/curse triggering trumping gear order, and what's different is that I've completed a build here that puts the wide variety of low level spells cast to effective use.

So I've built around fire, armor, endurance charges, leech, regen, buffs, low frequency trigger spells with, well, check the gear.

TL;DW (write)

the synergy is real
Spoiler
even if it only amounts to making contrived bullshit like this barely viable :p

EDIT: 18.6. BREAKING NEWS

Spoiler

NEW PASSIVE TREE
I switched one doedre's damning for mokou's embrace, herald of thunder and vitality for lvl 20 clarity, only using one socket for RF, lvl 10 AA in CWDT, gonna use double ice nova on two different CWDT. May not have time to upload a video before I gotta go for a few days of mid-summer binge drinking madness.

New gear setup:
Spoiler

uploading two quick videos here.

EDIT: 25.6. Overlor.. layed this thread with the new version of the build.
IGN: Dweeblebum
Last edited by dweeblebum on Jun 25, 2015, 8:33:55 AM
pretty freakin sweet
If you could add in Vaal Molten shell that'd be awesome just for the extra explosions :D
Designing Cospri's Will: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1665314
Designing Cospri's Malice: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1717008
Iron Heart & Iron Fortress too!
"
LostArtz wrote:
If you could add in Vaal Molten shell that'd be awesome just for the extra explosions :D

I totally forgot about trying it further. Not really my bag, see. If I had 6s5L cloak of flame I could get the souls for it before a boss fight and switch the whole 5L setup to something like VMS + conc + aoe + incr duration + prolif. I'd switch from EK to Glacial Cascade as well since it hits twice per cast. Hell, why not just have a switch hat for molten strike + multistrike + gmp + faster attacks / lgoh / conc / aoe / incr acc? Oh I'd need to switch the weapon too. :I
How about using Scold's Bridle? That would increase the cwdt procs and the damage in general wouldn't it? Sweet build btw
"just for try, for see and for know"
"
komlosi wrote:
How about using Scold's Bridle? That would increase the cwdt procs and the damage in general wouldn't it? Sweet build btw

I started this in the one month HC league, and from my view, Scold's Bridle is an irrelevant legacy piece. I don't really play standard beyond testing builds.
Very nice build. I thought that vaal pact was mandatory for punishment builds, but you seem to be sustaining it solely on life regeneration while still having a decent proc rate which is pretty impressive.
My builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1629242
"
Seinfire wrote:
Very nice build. I thought that vaal pact was mandatory for punishment builds, but you seem to be sustaining it solely on life regeneration while still having a decent proc rate which is pretty impressive.

Thanks.

I tried one before with only LGOH, but it didn't pan out in the end. The Spammoner: Lioneye's glare gmp tornado shot with automatic triple curse, desecrate, flesh offering, skellies, zombos, skullsies topped with wrath & anger. It was too flimsy, so I had to use enfeeble as one curse, and automatic flesh offering didn't play nice with zombies, not to mention skellies just can't deal damage.
Last edited by dweeblebum on Jun 18, 2015, 12:37:15 AM
Updated the build for Arctic Armour, Elemental Equilibrium, Mind over Matter and 2x CWDT Ice Nova.

Videos up here. No time to do anything else on this right now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info