105k dps, Triple Cursing Righteous Fire Flicker, Easy Atziri (videos inside)

"
rotan wrote:
Finally got to try out the build, I like it so far! I just hit 75 so I'm not that strong and I have trouble keeping the regen going (edit had the wrong shield on like a noob) but I see that this has a lot of potential. Thanks again for the build!

You are welcome!
http://i62.tinypic.com/2w7lhk5.jpg
How do you get your flickerstrike to attack so fast?
And what is the point of lightning coil?
Would this build benefit from the Punishment Curse? :)
Hi, I never played RF and why not try this one :)

By cons little question, or Belly Lightning coil 6L?

I see in the video that you are playing with a belly (Possessing the belly and not the lightning coil, the answer is important to me: p)

thank's
Hi,

As I was eager to try RF and flicker strike, your build looks amazing. But why Lightning Coil ? This one I can't understand.
How viable will this build be in 2.0?
"
vick666 wrote:
Hi, I never played RF and why not try this one :)

By cons little question, or Belly Lightning coil 6L?

I see in the video that you are playing with a belly (Possessing the belly and not the lightning coil, the answer is important to me: p)

thank's

"
Pingouinmalin wrote:
Hi,

As I was eager to try RF and flicker strike, your build looks amazing. But why Lightning Coil ? This one I can't understand.

To answer most of the questions about why I chose to use lightning coil..

Firstly you can use any armour that you want. I chose to use Lightning coil because of the great phy dmg mitigation. One of the main weaknesses of RF builds is that it has no leech and therefore relies on regen and flask heals.

This means that really spiky physical dmg can overwhelm you as this build is unable to leech back HP quickly and has to get into melee range to do any damage..this is even more so in awakening where monster damage has been buffed by 17%. Lightning coil helps to dampen these damage spikes by a lot. In fact using lightning coil + taste of hate + a topaz flask..you can face tank Palace Dominus's Touch of God with just 6k HP.(I have never bothered dodging it ever since I started using coil)

You can of course use a belly of the beast which provides more damage because of the higher hp pool or a carcass jack but you will have to play a bit more carefully and be more proactive in your use of taste of hate against spiky physical damage sources. In fact I used a belly all the way until lv 93 when I decided that I wanted to be as tanky as possible since dying even very occasionally(touch of god + desync etc) at lv 93+ is pretty annoying.

Note(when not to use lightning coil):

If you plan to do atziri and apex. A belly of the beast or other armours is probably needed. This is because of the difficulty in stacking resists. Atziri will reflect back your 3 curses scaled by your curse effectiveness back at you which means that you need to overcap fire resistance by (39+47)*1.18= 101% and lightning resistance by 39*1.18=46% and this is really very difficult to do so with a lightning coil.

"
rotan wrote:
How viable will this build be in 2.0?

This build works fine in 2.0.
changes are as such
1. (buff)New juicy fire damage cluster
2. (nerf)Concentrated effect now provides 59% more damage and 10% increased damage as opposed to 69% more damage in live.
3. (buff)Concentrated effect's quality bonus has been changed to 10% increased AoE damage
4. (buff) Culling strike now provides 59% global damage increase. Will have to see how we can fit a 5 link RF into our setup

http://i62.tinypic.com/2w7lhk5.jpg
Last edited by TheVengefulOne on Jun 29, 2015, 1:02:16 PM
Uhh. Also in 2.0 your cwdt setup doesnt work and blood rage is a physical degen competing (or adding to) that from rf.

Neat otherwise.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Why do you use the blood magic gem in your vaal molten shell setup? Wouldn't increased duration be better?
Is this build viable in 3.0?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info