[1.3] Mout's flameblast non crit build RF/Dual Curse (up to 4,1k damage clear speed) HC/SC viable

What do you think, would it be a good idea to use same setup (Scold-CoF-dual-Mokou) with Incinerate?

With something like CwDT - Molten Shell
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
CwDT with Molten Shell will not be very great (and you can't stack vaal molten shell on top of molten shell, they just overwrite each other).

Incinerate is quite an option that i thought about (cast speed is great), but you mostly lost the ignite chance bonus (except if you go for celestial punishment) but i'm not even sure you need mokou's to ignite an ennemy.

Flameblast was (will remain?) just the best spell to get the best of the item combination. Furthermore when incinerate is strong as boss damage dealer, the clear speed will continue to lack compared with flameblast (but you can get more proc of VMS with it ==> as usual it's a trade off).
VMS can ignite though. SO ignite from gear + Chance to Ign gem = even more insane dmg output while it is active ;)

Oh and if Doon Chebuya-something is used as a main weap, it also grants lvl 30 free Iron Will to VMS. Kinda insane setup if you think about it actually.

For bosses - carryying another weap and replacing Enhane with Conc.

_______

Just tested this: with VMS + Inc Dur + Conc I have 30000 damage on it O_0

_______

ANother observation - AA seems like a horrible idea, as even with lvl 11 skill it becomes impossible to self-ignite, at 4-link at least, not sure about 5-6L as I don't have a Cloak with 5+ links
Last edited by Shajirr on Jun 19, 2015, 4:09:49 PM
That's a different build (tree & skills) and if you rely mostly on VMS you will have to take duration nodes. Further moreDoon Cuebiyari is only attached to a local Iron will (sadly) and the new gloves have weak stats and high requirements to get a global iron will (with up to 30% reduced cast speed if my memory is ok). Except that part that item is not strong enough if you don't go deep down in 600+ strength.
Last edited by mout on Jun 19, 2015, 5:03:24 PM
Well, with duration nodes you can probably clear at least half a map just with VMS.
And again, main point of Doon is free iron will link for VMS, not the str dmg bonus.

But ultimately yeah that ends up being a different build, although the trees will look fairly similar.
Last edited by Shajirr on Jun 19, 2015, 5:41:17 PM
I understood your point, but when VMS would profit of Iron will as free link (and trust me Iron will is not the best in slot for VMS even if it's as no multiplicative mana cost) it would hurt you on the other damage spell you want to use. Let me explain myself.

Here with the stuff i own (with some nice strength pieces on it) i got 490 strength. With a perfect doon. I would jump to 560 strength.
This strength would be converted as 70% increased spell damage (+10 % elemental damage on the implicit of the scepter).

A wand/scepter with this low spell damage is quite underwhelming late game (even with the ok/good cast speed available on it).
Sacrificing global spell damage just in order to get a local iron will (112 increased spell damage bonus for this local buff) for VMS? If you do so, you have your answer your main spell becomes VMS.

If you go deep down on strength, doon's become sexy (800 str for exemple is converted as 100% flat spell damage) and local iron will very attractive too (160% spell damage as a local bonus).
Last edited by mout on Jun 19, 2015, 5:52:28 PM
There is also a question of gear price.

Your wand is probably out of price range of what most people can afford, and a weaker wand produces similar damage to Doon but without extra iron will link.

Just did a quick check on poetrade - 110% total spell dmg (less than you have) and 15%+ cast speed - there is one wand for 1 ex, next one is 25ex
Yep you're partially right again, the wand i own is expensive (and clearly not build enabler it's just pure luxury, doryani's scepter is a wiser choice in general). But sadly Doon is expensive as well in temporary league (1 or 2 ex).

A wand with 80-90% overall spell damage and some cast speed is quite cheap easily in that kind of league (you can have up to 20% elemental damage with a scepter or 20% spell damage with a wand) so the 60% spell damage is nothing particular (i think it's T4 or T5, and even easier if you get the main roll & a composite roll). The range of price is about some chaos (6 to 10 c). And you don't need spell crit nor global multi so prices stay low.

I don't say you absolutely need the best gear, i mean for the range of price you have better options :) !

Doon investment is super good if you are fully investing on strength OR if you're in a permanent league and want to get a cheap unique!
Last edited by mout on Jun 20, 2015, 6:38:30 PM
Last edited by mout on Jun 20, 2015, 4:02:23 PM
Hey just wanted to thank you for your build. I've been trying it out and I really enjoy it so far. How bad do you think this will be nerfed in 2.0? I invested in the build knowing that it won't be as strong in 2.0 but I'm hoping we can salvage something similar to it once we go live.

At level 76 and gear matching very close to yours, I am yet unable to sustain RF. I imagine after several more levels I can hit those lower life regen nodes to make it work.

Thanks again!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info