[HC] Phys Bow Ranger, 475 pDPS Harbinger. Updated for 2.0.

Updated for 2.0

Currently at 97 in HC. Mostly playing Tempest League right now but I've been on HC off and on messing with my characters.

I've made some big changes to this character as reflect has become more of an unknown and scarier. I am now using Vaal Pact as well as a life leech amulet and a life leech gem in my tornado shot links. I have also changed my damage to primarily physical damage; this is to aid in mana leech and life leech.

My current DPS on GMP tornado shot is ~27k with Hatred/Herald of Ash. This is effectively with a 5L, in terms of damage, because I am using a life leech gem. If I do a simple swap to WED instead of life leech I go to about 33k GMP tornado shot dps. I'm still working on crafting better jewels so I expect my DPS to go up.

In terms of defense... I have 5.9k HP with acro/phase/ondars/legacy lightning coil/taste of hate. I chose to take ondars to help deal with reflect, I may drop it eventually but we will see.

New Gear:

Skill tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4A7gMeBbUGIwguCIkKmw2NFSAWvxmOGbQfQSF2Iuoj9iSdJP0lPyaVKgsqOCpNLOktgzBxMHwx-jIBMpQ1kjY9OdQ6QjrhPydHfkp9SshLeE2STeNRR1VLW69daGHiYetiWmKsZU1sjG1sbmluqnBSdct293jrelN9dX8CfyuGs4bOh3aMNo19jb-PT5UFmvGbJpuNnaqgn6OKplem4KvSr-uxMLIZtUi18r02vqfBM8M6yqnPetN-1CPV-NaK2L3Zxtpk2o3dDd2o45_nVOd06NbqYu2D7g7vevJF8-r8xf4K_o_-uv_e?accountName=lolerkthx&characterName=lolerLesboRanger

Links (In order of importance):
6L: Tornado Shot, GMP, Phys Proj, Crit Damage, Crit Strikes, Life Leech(or WED/added fire)
6L: Split arrow, chain, curse on hit, assassin's mark, faster attacks, power charge on crit
4L: Ice golem, minion/totem res, minion life, life leech/life gain on hit
4L: CWDT, immortal call, increased duration, enfeeble/temp chains(or whatever really)
4S: Enduring cry, hatred, herald of ash, ???

Old Setup, pre 2.0

Current Gear(updated with gem levels):

Additional Swap gear:

Old gear:

Flasks:

Failed empower corruptions:

Sitting at 6k HP and a max of 54k GMP tornado shot dps with power charges up, Taste of Hate, and full DPS gear/gem setup. My current DPS is 27k with only auras and the listed gem/gear setup. I recently swapped WED->Phys Proj in my Tornado shot links, WED made the mana cost and damage too high so I decided to swap it. My DPS drops around 5k but that's fine as I already do more than enough dps. Anymore and reflect starts to be scary. I may swap back if I pick up a few more mana nodes.

This build is extremely tanky. I am elemental weakness capped and I can do all map mods including blood magic and no regen but I avoid -max for safety sake. Phys and elemental reflect are no problem, even double reflect maps are doable. On elemental reflect I swap Physical to Lightning for Increased Critical Damage.

Hoping to push towards 100 on this char after ripping my 4th level 95 character.

Current skill tree:

Ripped windripper gear can be seen here:
Last edited by lolerkthx on Jul 16, 2015, 4:49:08 PM
gg gear bro =)
Movement speed to belt?
IGN: ManModeMara (gmt +3)
Thanks Akamu!

Good idea on the movement speed. I forgot that mod even existed. Thanks :D

Also updated gear and skill tree.
Updated gear/gem configuration. Updated skill tree.

Level 96 now!
Last edited by lolerkthx on Jul 3, 2015, 3:27:16 AM
Impressive. Can you do reflect maps or packs? Gratz on 96! i just hit 93 myself :P
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Thanks Edzilla!

Reflect maps are no problem.

I barely feel physical reflect maps, even with a physical reflect map + a physical reflect rare mob.

For elemental reflect maps I swap phys to lightning-> crit multi and use grace. And at that point I barely do any elemental damage so ele reflect tickles. Reflect mobs are a non-issue as well within the map.

I've even tried an elemental and physical reflect map. In this case my links were: life gain on hit, tornado shot, gmp, increased crit strikes, faster attacks, and physical to lightning. It was doable but reflect rares were a little scary. My health was spiking more than I wanted it to.
"
lolerkthx wrote:
Thanks Edzilla!

Reflect maps are no problem.

I barely feel physical reflect maps, even with a physical reflect map + a physical reflect rare mob.

For elemental reflect maps I swap phys to lightning-> crit multi and use grace. And at that point I barely do any elemental damage so ele reflect tickles. Reflect mobs are a non-issue as well within the map.

I've even tried an elemental and physical reflect map. In this case my links were: life gain on hit, tornado shot, gmp, increased crit strikes, faster attacks, and physical to lightning. It was doable but reflect rares were a little scary. My health was spiking more than I wanted it to.

Ahh, i see, you use phys to lightning so reflect doesn't bug you. What's your chance to hit? I really like how you can do this build without an Acuity - it seems like it has insane clearspeed from the videos i've seen, i've just not been rich enough to try it, assuming I needed an Acuity.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Yeah, it helps a lot to split up your damage into elemental and physical damage instead of focusing on only one. I purposefully kept my chance to hit low so it is at 86%. It helps a lot with reflect and I don't really mind missing every now and then.

Clear speed is really good. I might make a video eventually but I 1-2 shot packs while solo and I can easily carry small parties. 78 maps take less than 10 minutes to clear. The build still functions really well without GG gear. If I used a 300ish pDPS harbinger I would use gems that give me higher DPS and use hatred.

Tornado shot links that give top DPS are:
tornado shot-> GMP -> increased physical projectile damage -> physical to lightning -> weapon elemental damage

It makes tornado shot consume more mana though. So you would need mana on gear and a few mana nodes to avoid having mana issues.
Just hit level 97, ~6 days of play time! I will most likely be taking a break from this character since the new leagues are out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info