[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
Forc3d3ntry wrote:
Hi! Sorry if this was touched on earlier, but I didn't see anything directly speaking to this...

I'm new to using PA but it says that X amount of physical damage is converted to chaos damage. Why then does the skill tree spec in to projectile damage as opposed to physical damage? Is it a scaling thing? Does the projectile damage help with the cloud produced from the PA?

Just curious, thanks a ton!

The part of your quote I bolded is in reference to a direct hit from the arrow itself. We are not scaling the damage of the actual projectile. We are scaling the cloud damage, which benefits from projectile damage; not physical.

Yes, it seems a bit weird that projectile damage scales the cloud. But it does, so that's what we do.

"
is there any difference between cobalt/veridian/the other one?

I read the wiki but it was impossible to understand lol, thanks!

Yes. Chance to roll affixes.

Go to the "Level 89 Tree and Analysis of Why We Go Jewel-Based" spoiler. At the bottom of that spoiler, NastyToxic has provided us with the difference in chance to roll affixes.

The TL;DR of it is that Crimson is best in most situations for our build.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
in warband u can not get a 5L bow for 5c its impossible so could we possibly get prices for warband on important items
"
demonkiller12 wrote:
in warband u can not get a 5L bow for 5c its impossible so could we possibly get prices for warband on important items

poe.trade bud

I see quite a few for 5 alts, or for 1 alch... there are many for less than a chaos, you just need to search.

here is a link;

http://poe.trade/search/ahadoohabayaki
Last edited by TirpitzLuminare on Jul 25, 2015, 1:22:37 AM
"
1st recommendation is grab a cheap 5 link bow and Alt spam it to get +2 bow gems. This will result in some of the best damage increase just by improving the PA level immediately.

As for single target damage, grab a Flame Totem and link that to whatever gems you like/have available (e.g. faster projectiles, fire penetration, etc).

Now during game play throw your totem, curse your single target with Vulnerability and then PA them to an early grave. Vulnerability is key here as it increases by one third our damage over time (DOT) damage which in this case would be the PA degen, plus the burn from the Flame Totem.

The other key factor here is your Flame Totem is likely to stop your enemy in his tracks as he deals with that threat, which means he's sitting in your chaos cloud the whole time. Perfect :)

EDIT - Oops, just noticed you're comment about being lvl 46. That's pretty low for PA but I was also using it around then. You won't be able to craft +2 on a bow unless it is an ilevel 64 but you can probably pick up an already crafted one from poetrade for a few chaos that is both ilevel 64 and a low required level so you can equip it sooner. That's what I did and from memory there were a few required level 51 bows that had the +2 bow gems mod.

Everything else about the Flame Totem still holds true at your current level.

Also, team up in a party for some quick leveling. Let the grunts take care of the single targets while you assist or help with crowd control. One great advantage of PA is the ability to rip into enemy health immediately without have to erode the energy shield first. This can be a big help in parties!

hey thanks man for ur reply. yeah i think i go get some link on my flame totem. stil farming for a bit chaos since this is my first character in tempest leagues.

If anyone needs a nice leveling bow, this just dropped for me. Level 24 requirement, ilvl 73. You can alt spam this to +2 and use this all the way til you want to upgrade to a +3. Just send me a PM if you want it; I'll let it go for a chaos.
I'm getting really frustrated.

2k or so fusings.

No six-link.

I was hoping to have the bow 6L'd before doing a video update. I think I might just go ahead and Vorici it so I can get the new video up before the middle of next week.
Last edited by Serleth on Jul 25, 2015, 2:39:33 AM
"
Serleth wrote:

2k or so fusings.

No six-link.

I was hoping to have the bow 6L'd before doing a video update. I think I might just go ahead and Vorici it so I can get the new video up before the middle of next week.

2k would've given you 6L on Master :P
IGN : Ericaa
My Store! /108685
My Rain of Arrows Evasion build guide! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/791798
Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/samfishersam
"
linkstatic wrote:
"
Serleth wrote:

2k or so fusings.

No six-link.

2k would've given you 6L on Master :P

I've 6L'd 42 items in my PoE career.

* This is the third to go over 1350 fusings, nevermind 1500.
* I have had 8 6L in under 100 fuse.
* I have had another 6 6L between 100-200 fuse.
* I have had another 4 6L between 200-500 fuse.
* I have had 6Ls @ 533, 1350, 1200 and 1150 fuse.
* The rest of the 6Ls have been between 550-950 fusing (27 6Ls).
* The two successful 6Ls over 1350 fuse have been at 3500, and 2200.

* Placing estimated fuse values on the high end of the ranges provided, this puts my average 6L cost at 806 fusings.

In short:

Vorici 6Ls are inherently stupid to do. The only reason I'm even considering it is for the video.

oh.. so very close :(

Back to the farm for me :)
"
Serleth wrote:

2k or so fusings.

No six-link.

I feel like I've been sorta bashed by the rng stick this league as well

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info