[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
Serleth wrote:
I don't really do gear checks anymore (see FAQ), but you don't really have anywhere left to go unless you want to heavily invest in GG rare upgrades. 90+ life roll on the helm with 24%+ rarity, that sorta thing.

Otherwise, it's just about finalizing the gems and 6Ling.

Sorry, didn't know about the gear check but thanks for the info.

Do you think that a Drillneck +1 is worth it considering its price on prophecy (3ex)??

It's either Carcass or +1 Drillneck. You don't need both, but if you're going to push for min-maxing, you might as well go all out =)
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
Serleth wrote:
It's either Carcass or +1 Drillneck. You don't need both, but if you're going to push for min-maxing, you might as well go all out =)

Thanks a lot, you've been very helpful. Sorry for the barrage of questions :D.
"
Duckling wrote:
I think a quartz flask is mandatory if you go full Phase Acrobatic and try T14+ maps. I managed to kill Daresso but god damn was it hard, the quartz flask was what kept me with enough portals to keep going at it.

First, gratz on the kill.

But yeah, if you're going to run T15s, I recommend you MF the core of the map, (not CORE, cuz that map's impossible without significant adjustments) and then switch to survival gear for the bosses. It's the only way you're going to guarantee being able to haul 4+ portals of loot and still get the boss kill with the way the build is currently set up.

In all honesty what I do is reroll a different build to 90, MF the map, then switch to the boss-killer build and double back to loot. Whispering Ice, Blade Vortex, Bladefall Miners, all good options to murder T15 bosses.

But that's if I even bother with T15s. I just sell them 95% of the time.

As I alluded to in the last page, the xp really isn't worth it when you can just do Gorge/Plateau rotas to level at nearly the same pace. And I can't be arsed to do the whole "farm the bases and sell them" thing. I'm not a crafter these days.
"
tgodoy85 wrote:
"
Serleth wrote:

Thanks a lot, you've been very helpful. Sorry for the barrage of questions :D.

You're welcome =)
"
Serleth wrote:
"
Duckling wrote:
I think a quartz flask is mandatory if you go full Phase Acrobatic and try T14+ maps. I managed to kill Daresso but god damn was it hard, the quartz flask was what kept me with enough portals to keep going at it.

First, gratz on the kill.

"
Serleth wrote:
But yeah, if you're going to run T15s, I recommend you MF the core of the map, (not CORE, cuz that map's impossible without significant adjustments) and then switch to survival gear for the bosses. It's the only way you're going to guarantee being able to haul 4+ portals of loot and still get the boss kill with the way the build is currently set up.

In all honesty what I do is reroll a different build to 90, MF the map, then switch to the boss-killer build and double back to loot. Whispering Ice, Blade Vortex, Bladefall Miners, all good options to murder T15 bosses.

But that's if I even bother with T15s. I just sell them 95% of the time.

As I alluded to in the last page, the xp really isn't worth it when you can just do Gorge/Plateau rotas to level at nearly the same pace. And I can't be arsed to do the whole "farm the bases and sell them" thing. I'm not a crafter these days.

Also, using Blood Rage on T13+ maps is suicide which is another note I forgot to mention. Replacing it with Poison so the Vall Lightning Traps poison when they hit was my strategy to inflict more damage though I'm sure it's far from optimal.

I did get this drop from the run though:
Last edited by Duckling on Jun 22, 2016, 4:17:26 PM
"
Duckling wrote:

How does your Goldwyrm has 25% IIQ? The maximum is 20%... Is it a result of corruption?
Last edited by Sutyrin on Jun 22, 2016, 6:02:45 PM
"
Sutyrin wrote:
How does your Goldwyrm has 25% IIQ? The maximum is 20%... Is it a result of corruption?

He's playing in Standard. That's a legacy roll.

"
Also, using Blood Rage on T13+ maps is suicide which is another note I forgot to mention.

I don't mean this disparagingly at all, but that's a player skill thing. I run Blood Rage in literally every map unless it's Vuln or Reduced Recovery.
"
Serleth wrote:
"
Also, using Blood Rage on T13+ maps is suicide which is another note I forgot to mention.

I don't mean this disparagingly at all, but that's a player skill thing. I run Blood Rage in literally every map unless it's Vuln or Reduced Recovery.

You are correct indeed. Since my style of map clearing tends to be slower to get as many items as possible, I found Blood Rage to be dangerous with this style on T13+ maps so it's likely I haven't found a good strategy yet in dealing with Blood Rage and a slower paced clearing speed.
looking at this for hc so looking at the shadow leveling guide.. you say at this point you switch to ca.. at what point? you show passive trees before that up to lvl70. no ca until 70? also what do you mean by a (haku weapon?) sry im an off and on poe player always hc
Last edited by tony32p on Jun 22, 2016, 8:10:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info