[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

Still two.

Doesn't magically award you normal/cruel points.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.

I'm hitting just over 13k DPS with 7 frenzy charges, with a somewhat squishy 3.5k life or so. I do have another level 75 Scion I could respec for Occultist/Deadeye, but considering this char (which hasn't Ascended yet) how might I go about getting more overall benefit out of the build? In maps with less lightning damage I replace Pandemonium Whorl with an Andy which leaves me with 70 lightres
Did my first endgame lab yesterday and got this enchant. You can imagine my reaction :D

The poison cloud damage is at 18k with full charges but has a lot of room for improvements (6L bow with DoT, empower, +1 jewel slot...). Really loving the build, thanks a lot Serleth for this awesome guide and congrats on the 40/40.

PS: Serleth, your profile is locked, unlocking would be really beneficial for the thread, thanks man.
Last edited by tgodoy85 on Jun 20, 2016, 8:51:07 AM
@TheOddPhantom

Just taking a quick look at the gear you have posted, I have a few simple suggestions for improving your life pool. Using Eleron craft life onto your amulet and one of your rings. Ideally craft life onto the ring you would replace with your second Andvarius. Replace the belt with a rare leather belt base with explicit life and resist affixes. The belt is one of the best gear spots for the build to make up the additional life and resists missing from the other unique items. The gloves could also be replaced with a pair of rare gloves with IR, life and resist affixes.

The scaling %life from Belly gets better with more flat life on other gear. Try to improve the life rolls on your other pieces and you should see a significant increase in life pool.

Also spoilers are helpful in keeping large gear posts more tidy.

@tgodoy85

Saw your reddit post grats on the enchant!

Also Serleth keeps his character tab locked because, ironically, it tends to add confusion to the thread. Be it because leveling is different, or he doesn't go for the Carcass Jack, etc. It has just become easier to direct people to the main post and the FAQ thread. Doing it this way keeps the information more consistent and in a single location. Honestly Serleth does a really good job of keeping the thread up to date and adding new questions or references to the FAQ post when they come up.
"
ChronoExile wrote:
@TheOddPhantom

Just taking a quick look at the gear you have posted, I have a few simple suggestions for improving your life pool. Using Eleron craft life onto your amulet and one of your rings. Ideally craft life onto the ring you would replace with your second Andvarius. Replace the belt with a rare leather belt base with explicit life and resist affixes. The belt is one of the best gear spots for the build to make up the additional life and resists missing from the other unique items. The gloves could also be replaced with a pair of rare gloves with IR, life and resist affixes.

The scaling %life from Belly gets better with more flat life on other gear. Try to improve the life rolls on your other pieces and you should see a significant increase in life pool.

Also spoilers are helpful in keeping large gear posts more tidy.

@tgodoy85

Saw your reddit post grats on the enchant!

Also Serleth keeps his character tab locked because, ironically, it tends to add confusion to the thread. Be it because leveling is different, or he doesn't go for the Carcass Jack, etc. It has just become easier to direct people to the main post and the FAQ thread. Doing it this way keeps the information more consistent and in a single location. Honestly Serleth does a really good job of keeping the thread up to date and adding new questions or references to the FAQ post when they come up.

Thanks Chrono, when I saw that enchant I went full "children on christmas berserker mode" and I'm 31 :P.

Talking about body armour, I'm using a Kintsugi, really liking it for the defensive part, didn't tried Carcass yet. What you guys think about chest slot?

"
tgodoy85 wrote:
Talking about body armour, I'm using a Kintsugi, really liking it for the defensive part, didn't tried Carcass yet. What you guys think about chest slot?

Carcass Jack is THE chest piece if you are looking to Min/Max the build to the fullest potential of damage output, magic find, and survival. However, with all of that said it is a luxury item and does make reaching resistance balance a little harder. For most players a good chest piece with life, defense stats (EV, AR, or hybrid EV/AR), and resistances is all that is needed. Generally speaking find a chest piece that fits what you need for the build.

There are a lot of potential unique chest pieces the build could use, and it is dependent on play style. This, I think, is the reason the chest section of the guide only lists Carcass Jack (end game Min/Max) and rare chest pieces (the easier way to get the necessary affixes). The rest of the options are left to personal preference and if you can make it work.

Hank this league has been using Cospri's Will, and rocking Temp Chains in his curse set up along with Vuln. My personal preference is Queen of the Forest, the build already runs Grace and I like moving fast. If I ever complete the Deadly Rivalry chain I'd likely try out Kintsugi, esp if pushing higher maps. The list goes on, but hopefully this is a few good examples.
"
tgodoy85 wrote:

PS: Serleth, your profile is locked, unlocking would be really beneficial for the thread, thanks man.

Serleth has his profile intentionally locked for various reasons among which is that he'll deviate from time to time for various reasons from the ideal endgame gear/gem/enchant setup. This curtails the inevitable flood of "the guide says X but you have Y equipped/specced instead" comments/questions.

Edit: Looks like Chrono covered this already. I'm too slow!
Last edited by hankinsohl on Jun 20, 2016, 10:39:24 AM
"
theoddphantom wrote:

I'm hitting just over 13k DPS with 7 frenzy charges, with a somewhat squishy 3.5k life or so. I do have another level 75 Scion I could respec for Occultist/Deadeye, but considering this char (which hasn't Ascended yet) how might I go about getting more overall benefit out of the build? In maps with less lightning damage I replace Pandemonium Whorl with an Andy which leaves me with 70 lightres

Some suggestions:

1) Use Tora's bench to remove the "cannot rule attack mods" suffix from your bow. Replace with crafted Leo's increased damage over time prefix.

2) Temporarily spec into the +18 Lightning Resist node above Sentinel if you're worried about Lightning Resistance and equip an Andvarius.

3) Replace belt with life plus high triple resistance belt. This will allow you to change other pieces for magic find pieces.

4) Replace gloves with high life/resistance rare with 30+ish rarity.

5) Try to get about 35-40% magic find on your helm.

6) Flask setup - get 3 Seething Hallowed Life Flasks of X where X is whatever you want (I personally go with 3 Staunching). Why? Because life instantly applies. You just tap your life flasks rapidly when in trouble and you'll almost never die. Replace other two flasks with quicksilvers. Run clarity if having mana issues.

Last edited by hankinsohl on Jun 20, 2016, 10:42:14 AM
"
tgodoy85 wrote:
Did my first endgame lab yesterday and got this enchant. You can imagine my reaction :D

How much does it affect your total damage? I imagine this would be additive, like having +40% proj damage instead. But if it is multiplicative with other bonuses, it would be huge!
"
Sutyrin wrote:
"
tgodoy85 wrote:

How much does it affect your total damage? I imagine this would be additive, like having +40% proj damage instead. But if it is multiplicative with other bonuses, it would be huge!

"increased/reduced" = additive, "more/less" = multiplicative (mnemonic, "more or less").

40% increased damage is quite nice, probably 10 to 15% boost to cloud damage
Spoiler

"boost" = multiplicative :-)
Last edited by hankinsohl on Jun 20, 2016, 12:51:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info