[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

Right now in PSC:

Alts are 18-22:1

Chromes are 15-18:1

You'll average 4-6 alts per full inventory of rares.

If you fit the same amount of items in your inventory with nothing but RGBs, you'd get (average) 10-15 chromes.

Chromes are worth it, they're just typically harder to sell. Alts have more broad-spectrum usage (conversion to jewelers/fuse, crafting items, crafting strongboxes, rolling maps, etc), whereas chromes only have one function. So alts will sell very quickly. Chromes will take more patience, which is why we prioritise farming rares over RGBs.

That, and chrome vends are less common than rare drops, obviously.

Even disregarding that though, chromes are VERY easy to burn through when you're trying to craft your own items for other builds. For some items I'll go through anywhere between 500-2000 chromes just on one craft. So if nothing else, they're worth grabbing a few per vendor trip to build up your own bank.

As for maps:

Trans 1-5
Trans/Alc 6-7
Alc 8+
Chisel & Alc 9/10+

I personally don't alc until 7s, and only chisel 9s if I'm desperate to push up my map pool.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Jun 9, 2016, 6:59:17 AM
"
omgree wrote:

Would like to know about some maps managment. Im running T1-6 atm, but:
1. Should i use chisels on em? Should i use chisels at all in higher tier or more profit if i just sell em?
2. Should i spend Alch Orb on tier 1-6? Or on what tier i should use it?

Map management for magic find is completely different from map management for level advancement.

For magic find, we simply want to run as many profitable maps as quickly as we can.

Tier 2 affixes are quite good and start at item level 72 (e.g., resists) and 73 (e.g., life, damage).

To give us a chance at those nice T2 mods, we want to run matching map levels. Therefore, for highest profit, concentrate on maps T6 through about T12 or T13. For magic find purposes, just alch and go. Investing chisels into the map and rerolling for high IIQ/IIR is good for leveling where you want to maintain high level map pools, but is a currency dump if you're just after drops.

Prior to T6 I'd:
Alch Tier 5's - for item level 72 T2 affixes
And just alt/aug Tier 1 - Tier 4.

I'd also:
Sell chisels
Sell maps T13+

Note:
The above advice is for pure income generation as a magic find build. In a challenge league, you may want to deviate from this advice if you intend to complete challenges involving T13+ maps on your own. In that case it's probably best to adopt map management for leveling instead.

Also, you may wish to deviate from the above advice if you intend to push your character beyond level 90.
===============
If you intend to level past 90 and/or want to maintain high level maps, this is what I do:

Tier Level
Low Tier (Transmute/Aug)
1 68
2 69
3 70
4 71
5 72
6 73

Mid Tier (Alch)
7 74
8 75
9 76
10 77

High Tier (Chisel, Alch, Chaos until 90 IIQ and 25 packsize, Vaal, Sacrifice Fragments, Domination if not corrupting)
11 78
12 79
13 80
14 81
15 82
Last edited by hankinsohl on Jun 9, 2016, 7:16:08 AM
General question to the group; Where do you covert your currency to Chaos/Exalts, chat, buying on .trade, selling on .trade, public parties, other?

Converting currency is one of those things I kind of begrudgingly do, and I am looking for a way to make it not feel like a chore. However, I also realize that might not be completely possible.
"
ChronoExile wrote:
General question to the group; Where do you covert your currency to Chaos/Exalts, chat, buying on .trade, selling on .trade, public parties, other?

Converting currency is one of those things I kind of begrudgingly do, and I am looking for a way to make it not feel like a chore. However, I also realize that might not be completely possible.

I just use poe.trade.

Edit:
Edited my response after rereading the question :-)
Last edited by hankinsohl on Jun 9, 2016, 7:24:44 AM
"
ChronoExile wrote:

Buy/sell .trade and public parties simultaneously. Slight edge in speed of contact.

If I really need to move currency at the ratio I want rather than sucking up the flipper tax, I'll also keep trade chat open and up-arrow my message every vendor trip.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
As predicted...

The price of fuses is starting to recover. It's now 2.5:1 on poe.trade. Prior to poe.trade fuses eventually went for 3:2 or maybe 4:3. I think fusses are going to get more expensive still.
First of all thx guys for good advices here! Very informative for me.

I dunno how u get 4-6 alts per inventory sell (yeah, its not 100% full)
Spoiler

Are there some priority for picking? In wiki there is some prefix/suffix wich give more income, so mb is there some short-tier list what to pick? Currently im picking top item tipes 1st of all to check for good items and than other trash.
"
omgree wrote:
First of all thx guys for good advices here! Very informative for me.

I dunno how u get 4-6 alts per inventory sell (yeah, its not 100% full)
Spoiler

Are there some priority for picking? In wiki there is some prefix/suffix wich give more income, so mb is there some short-tier list what to pick? Currently im picking top item tipes 1st of all to check for good items and than other trash.

If I have enough portals, I just grab every yellow. If the map is dropping a lot of stuff and you can't take it all back, try to take back as many items as you can. And of course, try to get a full or nearly full inventory each time.

If you need to leave stuff behind, try to have enough spare scrolls to - at a minimum - take a look at all yellow bows and staves - check for +1/+2 on bows or good attack mods, and check staves for +1/+2 fire. If the bows/staves aren't good, just leave them behind if you're out of inventory.

Edit: Serleth has a nice video that covers some of this. The inventory management video? I can't recall which one off the top of my head.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Jun 9, 2016, 7:52:59 AM
Thank you for the responses Hank and Serleth. .trade is my primary as well, but I might try the public party route as well. The chore element is still just a mindset thing, but at least it has gotten better the last few leagues. So hopefully it will continue to get better for me.
"
hankinsohl wrote:
@sixer
The reason your DPS is low is that you are effectively running CA in a 3-link.

Optimal Magic Find occurs when you strike a good balance between IIR/IIQ, clear speed and survivability.

Consider dropping Item Rarity and see if that improves your overall Magic Find by increasing your DPS.

Since you're in hardcore, it's not clear whether or not you're playing Scion. If you're Scion and have the Deadeye Ascendancy node, be sure to include Conc Effect in your links for best DPS; if you don't have the Deadeye node you're probably better off leaving Conc Effect out of your links for now.

And yes, I totally agree with Serleth - alt spam your Maraketh and use it instead.

Cheers yeh will do, at the moment im just keen to get into that 5-link.

Is there a trick to getting +2? Ive used a bunch of alts already but no luck, how many does it take on average?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info