[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

Vulnerability is the curse for CA; it increases damage over time taken by cursed enemies.
I'm interested to see Serleth's (or anyone else's) take on the 2.3 passive tree. I'm sure I'm missing something, but I can't seem to figure out how you guys are saving that many passive nodes by using path of the ranger. I can save 2, but not sure how you guys are saving 3.

Hmm...
Legacy SC IGN: Octora
Standard SC IGN: Octyte
"
Sutyrin wrote:
But I don't see any curse gems in your guide. How do we get Occultist bonuses to work then?

It is in the Curse on Hit/Terran Breaker portion of the Skill gems.

"
Nick42 wrote:
I'm interested to see Serleth's (or anyone else's) take on the 2.3 passive tree. I'm sure I'm missing something, but I can't seem to figure out how you guys are saving that many passive nodes by using path of the ranger. I can save 2, but not sure how you guys are saving 3.

Hmm...

I am removing the three dexterity nodes to the right of Sentinel. That seems to be the place to get the most 'value' out of Path of Ranger. Other than that the base of the tree remains the same.
In my passive tree meanderings, I may have come across a slight improvement:

(provided this doesn't mess with our upcoming use of Path of the Ranger)

In Serleth's tree, we are taking the projectile damage nodes at ranger start. These 5 nodes give us the following:
56% increased projectile damage
4% increased attack speed

If we drop these 5 nodes, and take the ones at the shadow start instead, we gain:
56% increased chaos damage
56% increased physical damage
+12 to maximum life

So in essence, we would drop 4% attack speed that is more or less useless for us, and pick up some base life for increased survivability.

It may end up not really mattering, as the damage is a wash, and we are gaining such a tiny amount of life that it probably won't be noticeable, but thought I might as well bring it up.

I was going to link the respective trees, but it won't let me remove nodes...maybe since we are using an old link on a new tree.

Anyways, thoughts?

edit: on second look, by keeping these nodes in place it will let us grab Ballistic Mastery notable and let us drop one of the stun avoidance and movement speed nodes near Heart of Oak. we can then put this saved node somewhere else more useful. We can grab more movement speed elsewhere if that's what we want, or just invest it into more life. An additional 5% would probably be better than the +12 life from shadow start. I suppose we could also leave the node in place if stun avoidance is really what we wanted.
Last edited by Nick42 on Jun 1, 2016, 4:03:17 PM
"
ChronoExile wrote:

"
Nick42 wrote:

Hmm...

I am removing the three dexterity nodes to the right of Sentinel. That seems to be the place to get the most 'value' out of Path of Ranger. Other than that the base of the tree remains the same.

Ah thank you, I wasn't looking that far from Ranger start. I was just removing the one strength path node and one of the heart of oak path nodes.
@dday:

What Chrono said. There's no additional benefit provided from any other class with the two extra points that makes switching to another class worthwhile.

From Trickster, we would add Patient Reaper, which is only 40% increased DoT. Still doesn't trump Occultist's cursed -chaos resistance benefit.

Ranger's Deadeye offers even less.

And the additional two Ascendancy points don't provide any benefit from any other starting position that would be worth the sacrifice of starting off-class.

"
By the way, does Ascendant's Occultist skill (-15% chaos res for cursed enemies and +20% chaos dmg on cursed kill) work with Wither?

They stack, in the sense that you can curse for -15% chaos res and then get the Wither debuff as well, but the debuff does not trigger the Occultist benefit.

Thanks again to Chrono for contributing to the preceding question, and answering the other portion of this one.

"
If we drop these 5 nodes, and take the ones at the shadow start instead, we gain:
56% increased chaos damage
56% increased physical damage
+12 to maximum life

Yep, for a minmaxed build, this is the way, even if it's only for +12 life.

The main reason I DON'T do this on the guide thread however is because there's inevitably a flood of questions asking me "Why are we getting physical damage?"

So, while you are correct in what should be done, this guide is tailored to be as un-confusing (sic) as possible for newer players, as well. I'm trying to make it as clear as possible that the only bow rolls that matter are the +3 rolls, and the types of damage that will benefit the cloud remain unequivocally clear.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Jun 1, 2016, 4:10:29 PM
Separate post to announce the 2.3 trees are up and ready for both Ascendant and Trickster.

Friendly reminder that you will need to use Emmitt's Offline Planner (google it) or poeplanner.com to load the trees until launch. Something MAY screw up at launch so I'll spend a few minutes double checking that they work with the Path website itself.

As discussed in recent days (and hours), upon investigating the tree I have found no better spot to take advantage of Path of the Ranger than to remove the three dexterity points to the right of Sentinel (the eva/resist node right underneath Scion start). You can allocate them as you will, but I have adjusted to compensate for the 20% nerf to Asc.Deadeye's Pierce Chance by adding in the right side of the Piercing Shots wheel, compensating for 10% of that pierce loss.

The other two points plus one additional point has gone into getting the evasion + evasion + jewel socket near Dirty Techniques in Duelist.

For Trickster, nothing's changed other than for the additional two Ascendancy points, which now grabs Swift Killer for an additional frenzy charge and chance to generate charges. So HC players get a bit more offensive, basically.

The core tree hasn't changed, other than Arcane Vision moving, so all the leveling tree stuff remains identical.
Last edited by Serleth on Jun 1, 2016, 4:28:19 PM
Hi, I was interested in your build here. I have a 94 marauder sitting around doing nothing and i was wondering if you might be able to do up a passive tree for a marauder version of your build so I can try out MFing on him. I was wondering if I can use my iir and iiq gem together or if the dps wont be good enough. Any tips or suggestions appreciated thx.
"
D1Gz wrote:
Hi, I was interested in your build here. I have a 94 marauder sitting around doing nothing and i was wondering if you might be able to do up a passive tree for a marauder version of your build so I can try out MFing on him. I was wondering if I can use my iir and iiq gem together or if the dps wont be good enough. Any tips or suggestions appreciated thx.

Marauder for this build would have too many 'wasted' travel points, and still have issues getting the Dex and Int you would need for the build. For MF and Marauder...

I'm going to redirect you to ItsYoji's Magic find Totem Templar (you can adjust as needed for the Marauder), Video here. Additionally you can use LiftingNerd's Dual Flame Totem build (for Marauder) and gear with the intent of Magic Find, Build Guide.

Check the tools section, for the magic find coefficient formula, to find out if it is better to use the IR or the IQ gem. And yes you can use both, you will just want to evaluate if you are alright losing out on a damage support.
^ that

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info