[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

hey all :) back from the lab-running.

lab thoughts:
Spoiler

this was really exhausting. I can normally play all day if it is for maps or levelling, but the labs were tiresome. the last 1 - 1.2 weeks I exclusively did Zana rota (which takes anywhere between 10 - 30 minutes) and then ran lab in merci. I helped some guys get points, which made a handful of runs slower, else I could achieve a 6-7 minute average.

I ran so many merciless labs (on days with 1 or no golden door), that I wouldn't step foot in there again. was close to give up and stay at 39/40 since I couldn't, made a day-break and when I helped the next guy to ascend I got my trap enchant, finally, after getting all the others multiple times (totem, curse, aura etc.).

to give you an impression, from cadiro loot (+ chests) alone I filled around 20 stashes of 'good' bases (3x1, 2x2, 3x2), and around 3 or so with ammys and rings only. didn't do the chaos recipe yet, will sort through at some point.

lab essentials (unsorted):
Spoiler

blood rage

cloud dps around 21k with charges, using wither totem but sadly no vaal light trap (new area guts it)
layout from reddit (daily, stickied thread)
if you don't know for sure, top-right corner is a good bet in most cases.
don't bother killing stuff unless you need charges for your flasks
good flasks

the build was extremely fine for this, yet the rng-wheel didn't please me. We are used to RNG, but those enchantments were a new level. I hope they do learn from our feedback.

sales were stale since week 1.5, no biggies since everyone was just cadiro and guardians. I made more currency on challenges, chests and guardians than selling gear. imagine that.

I was lucky enough to find many zanas myself, somehow she appeared to be there more often than I'm used to.

let me know if you need some stuff, will post about some free deals once this week.

final gear
Spoiler

final tree
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAABeAO4DHgUtBbUILgnZDPIOSBEvE20UCRR1FSAWvxjbGY4ZtBqNG8gfQSP2JogmlSpNKlss6S2DLiMuUzB8MTU1kjY9N9Q-zz8nQzFHfkrITZJRR1LsVUtaGlpSWyZbr2HiYqxlTWyMbmluqm87dO11y3aCeA1673tue8N9dX_7gl6Gs4cHjX2Nfo2_k5mXIZtdnaqhIqJAo4qly6iatMW00bVItfK3MLe2u5674702vea-p8AawXzC7MMzxKLIDMpGy73P3dNv037UI9X42L3awd0N4q3jhOaB6mLrY-0_7YPuDu968Yryl_T49qP-j_66?accountName=Chronodroid&characterName=WildTortillaFart

final thanks
Spoiler

Serleth, I bow in honor =)

RE: Safe to do lab
some modifiers give the Emperor immense power. like the crit (ice) golem, or the charges. he can oneshot )(my 4.6k hp) with at least 3 abilities when he's in shape:
- glacial cascade thingy (physical)
- the shot where he first turns and 'blows' air towards you
- the green artillery-like stuff
- the slam (similar to dominus' or malachai's), tho I never move in melee range with this guy
IGN: WildTortillaFart
Gratz, Chrono =)

Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
ty hank n Ser :)

lmk if you need funds or stuff, even have some of the cards rotting away in stash. won't be online for some days ingame tho, rl-stuff hitting up :)
I'm starting to get annoyed with burning level 20 CA gems in the hopes I get a level 21. If it's supposed to take 6 tries on average, I should have just bought one - I'm at 8 so far. :( If I manage to get enough currency in the bank, I probably will even now.

Anyone else notice they are having problems sustaining a map pool above tier 9 this league? Talisman I had no problems, but this time around I can't even sustain 9s all the time.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
grimjack68 wrote:
I'm starting to get annoyed with burning level 20 CA gems in the hopes I get a level 21. If it's supposed to take 6 tries on average, I should have just bought one - I'm at 8 so far. :( If I manage to get enough currency in the bank, I probably will even now.

Anyone else notice they are having problems sustaining a map pool above tier 9 this league? Talisman I had no problems, but this time around I can't even sustain 9s all the time.

I haven't been pushing as hard as I normally do (I'm usually done with all the challenges roughly at this point), so I can't say for sure what mapping's been like this league. I'm playing about 40% less frequently.

That said, I've had no problems staying at T9, but staying T10+ has been more difficult. But, again, 40% less maps run, so that's not necessarily saying anything.
"
grimjack68 wrote:

with just alch'n'go, I stayed at 7-9 since I reached them. Selling T10 and T11 after I was done with levelling to 91, I really like most of the 7-9 tier layouts and bosses and the good rolls are possible on rares. Sadly, this didn't help much because even proper rolled life / trires pieces just sold for a couple of chaos / fuses.
I have question about Drillneck.

I didn't do Cruel lab yet, so I using Pierce gem for now. It gives 50% chance for pierce. From skill nodes I have another 40%. Thats 90%. From Drillneck implicit bonus I have 10%, so should have 100%. But skill description only says 90%.

So, is it only visual bug and its 100%, or maybe I should take two additional pierce nodes to get 100%?
I'm still undergeared and started doing maps, mostly t4/5.

I do not run clarity neither have mana flows. With grace and light purity (can't remove old mastercraft mods 200+ fire resist :p) still have 120 mana free and i'm able to run maps without problems. Soul siphon rocks.

Was thinking if this build can run higher tier maps without clarity since you don't spam skills more than frenzy lvl 1.

What about vitality once i fix res balance on gear and finally drop light purity? Could drop master of arena and grab jewel socket next to point blank or boost dodge chance.

My gear, poor man. (yes, regal on bow 1-6 light dmg)

Spoiler

Ammy and belt for stats mainly, want 20% wither and belt for haku's weapon on switch.
IGN Flatulencia
Last edited by Focusix on Mar 29, 2016, 12:17:34 PM
Sold my first 1ex rare! Closing in on affording a bow upgrade!
"
DamianTaps wrote:
I have question about Drillneck.

I didn't do Cruel lab yet, so I using Pierce gem for now. It gives 50% chance for pierce. From skill nodes I have another 40%. Thats 90%. From Drillneck implicit bonus I have 10%, so should have 100%. But skill description only says 90%.

So, is it only visual bug and its 100%, or maybe I should take two additional pierce nodes to get 100%?

Hmm, that is weird.

Wouldn't sweat it. Wait until you grab Deadeye from Scion which will get you the 50% there to drop the gem. Even if for whatever reason it stays at 90% (again, seems like it's a bug), that's more than enough. We used to run this build with 65% pierce chance. The last 10% is negligible and you can compensate for the damage with a well rolled jewel instead.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info