[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
Serleth wrote:
"
mezmery wrote:
just roll another char for t15

Hence inquiring about EA.

IamPeyter runs Uber on EA but says it's not the best spec for the fight.

So the build is probably capable... whether or not I am is another question :-)
"
Chronodroid wrote:
they will introduce new set(s) for 10-piece divcards according to latest reddit from chris, so a bit easier at least.

Yes!!!

Good to hear. For awhile I thought there would be about 2 people on the server who completed all the challenges, LOL.
Would it be possible to do a pros/cons analysis for the IR option? I am a bit confused about the discussion a few pages back. For example, what would you say in my case, would be the best? I plan to mostly run lower level maps/easy maps, I won't play too much, I am a very good player (mechanically) but when I play PoE I just want to zone out and listen to podcasts. Would in my case be better to go IR or Acro?
"
Accedie wrote:
Would it be possible to do a pros/cons analysis for the IR option? I am a bit confused about the discussion a few pages back. For example, what would you say in my case, would be the best? I plan to mostly run lower level maps/easy maps, I won't play too much, I am a very good player (mechanically) but when I play PoE I just want to zone out and listen to podcasts. Would in my case be better to go IR or Acro?

Imo, Acro.

The way IR works is that it allows you to take the medium hits better, but all the small arms fire can add up in a real hurry (ie., porcupine goliaths). They'll all hit if you kill them all at once and you're close enough to their death blows. I rip a lot more often to them when I have IR.

Compared to Acro, you'll dodge about 75% of them, but the 25% that do get through will hurt more. As a more sound mechanical player, this means that if you're a bit further away, even less will hit you.

Or take for example a group of skeleton archers (15). If they all fire at once, maybe 2 or 3 will hit you and you'll lose maybe 30% hp. Plenty of time to casually flask. With IR, all 15 shots would hit you and you'd probably lose closer to 75% hp. Panic mode.

Given that all the medium-strength hits are melee, it's really the ranged attacks you have to worry about, which is where Acro's strength lies. If you're at mid-range, you can manually dodge most of them, Acro-dodge most of the remaining attacks, and lol your way to a casual flask.

So if you're running low level maps where the damage isn't significant to begin with, you can pretty much put your brain on afk and let your muscle memory do the work for you as an Acro player. With IR, any mistakes you make getting in close range in a fight that has harder hitting melee packs AND ranged attacks coming at you at once, your reaction time has to be more on point.

IR only starts to get advantageous in high-tier maps when your focus is going to be absolutely on-point anyway and you aren't going to put yourself in a position to make mistakes. Then the few strikes that do get through (because you're manually dodging most everything) are going to get mitigated. The other difference is that higher tier maps mean that monsters have greater accuracy, so you're dodging less attacks than you would in low tier maps. That means you need more proper mitigation.

Not sure if that really explains things better, but that's my experience.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
oh god. i run up to t10 maps with ir, grace and aa(11k armor+aa net)
i almost dont feel devourer\rhoa\leaper(hello tora)\random exile pressure, that made me heartattack in any non-armor build
if i go for atziri which i doubt, as it is much easier to gear up like any of dozen build that faceroll it for 3 ex worth gear, ill spec for acro, as making errors there is death in any build. but for lazy ~100% iiq map grind ir is much more fun.
No rest for the wicked
Last edited by mezmery on Dec 21, 2015, 9:11:23 PM
Like I said, just my own personal experience.

No idea exactly why some people have that experience with IR, and others with Acro, but there it is.

Also, I really hate 6Ling lately. Just boring to grind 200 fuse a day and not start generating profit.

Update on gear

Nibblet's work on the bow, got enough fuses for linking my chest after that. Thanks to the fireres augment I could replace my amu with another one (more IIR).

The bow still needs the chrome treatment, empower close to lvl 2 in swap.

I'm fine with Acro atm, and with how low my evasion gear is, I wouldn't really feel the impact of IR anyway. Unless I go heavy with jade + granite (and their double-dippings cross-over ratings) but that would eliminate one quicksilver and either my 2nd lifeflask or my phasing flask vs freezes (which I love, tbh).

Sales stalled, dunno.
IGN: WildTortillaFart
Today was a good day of sales for me, got about 2ex total between farming and selling shit.

Just bleh. Hate the grind for fuses to 6L stuff when I don't have a 6L already with IIR in it.

Massive difference that gem makes to be able to run it for whole maps instead of just culling.

No real RNG since Taste of Hate, just a bunch of small 2-7c stuff.
Last edited by Serleth on Dec 22, 2015, 1:16:57 AM
"
Serleth wrote:
Today was a good day of sales for me, got about 2ex total between farming and selling shit.

Just bleh. Hate the grind for fuses to 6L stuff when I don't have a 6L already with IIR in it.

Massive difference that gem makes to be able to run it for whole maps instead of just culling.

No real RNG since Taste of Hate, just a bunch of small 2-7c stuff.

Nice, i sold like 5 fus or so ^^

I didn't get a 6L whole Warbands, that's why I feel your pain. I eventually dropped AoE for IIR altho it hurt clearspeed shooting twice instead of once for a pack.

IGN: WildTortillaFart
"
Chronodroid wrote:
I eventually dropped AoE for IIR altho it hurt clearspeed shooting twice instead of once for a pack.

Yeah I might end up doing that. I bought a bricked 20/10% PA so the AoE will be an entire 5% better :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info