[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
Hi guys,
Without the drillneck quiver, what are the specs of a "dream" rare quiver?

If you could advise on my gear and passive, it would be much appreciated. My MF toon is Scarlett.

One more question about the game play. Do I need to continuously firing PA or just fire once and wait? I run out of mana constantly when I fire continuously and I am considering increasing my mana.

Thanks

Drillneck is awesome because it scales our poison arrow damage.

Personally I used this until I could purchase a Drillneck:
Spoiler

Not great, but the 10% increased area of effect is useful. Alternatively just get a cheap quiver with useful stats (resists mainly and life) on it while saving up for a Drillneck.

With regard to firing Poison Arrow, as you've guessed, you cannot stack it; firing an arrow into an existing cloud won't increase damage. But for map clearing I'll fire off quite a few PA shots just to blanket any area where a mob is or might move.

Haven't looked at your gear... but if you're running into mana problems Rallying Cry is somewhat useful; otherwise just look at the gear/gems/passives others are running. Personally I run a low-level Clarity to help out with mana (my character is "Fog_" and my profile is public so you can browse Fog_'s gear/passives/gems if you want).

Last edited by hankinsohl on Aug 23, 2015, 1:51:57 AM
Everybody runs out of mana with this build. Its not just you its just the nature of the build. Gotta learn to fire a poison arrow into a group and then use frenzy or vice versa and let the dot do its work. If your like me i find myself firing repeatadly even after the poison is on the ground because i instinctly feel i have to do something even when the mobs are dying.
Gear

4.5k HP and barely capped elemental resists. Tree wise I will spend the next points into 5% life nodes to get me to about 5k.

Right now my plans are to finish 7x lvl 20 PA and attempt vaaling, also gcp vendor the rarity gem when it is 20 and get my Empower to level 2.

After that, what should I work on?
Last edited by Irongunner on Aug 23, 2015, 5:11:01 AM
"
Irongunner wrote:
Gear

4.5k HP and barely capped elemental resists. Tree wise I will spend the next points into 5% life nodes to get me to about 5k.

Right now my plans are to finish 7x lvl 20 PA and attempt vaaling, also gcp vendor the rarity gem when it is 20 and get my Empower to level 2.

After that, what should I work on?

If you want to maximize the MF progression and you don't really care a lot about defense, this is how I'd do it:

* Drop Blood Dance for resistance boots with MS and life/rarity
* Get first Andvarius ring
* Drop QotF for a rare Eva chest with minimum 30 to each resistance
* Second Andvarius along with:
* Immediate swap from Sadima's > Rare gloves and rare boots > Goldwyrm.
* This will likely require an amulet upgrade with better resistances, or well rolled defensive jewels

EDIT: I'm not ignoring the previous posts since my last reply, I just think other people have sufficiently replied and covered what my responses would have been. =)
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Aug 23, 2015, 5:16:40 AM
Thanks for the quick reply. I really like Blood Dance though, as it frees up 1 gem slot (dropped Blood Rage for Temp Chains on my CWDT), frees up 1 skill point (Master of the Arena not needed if not running Blood Rage) and greatly improves clear speed through the added movespeed and insane HP regen. Eventually I'd also get a +1 Frenzy one. So if I want to stick with that, shall I just keep Sadima's for the IIQ and simply try to get 2x Andvarius by upgrading to resist jewels / better amulet / maybe drop QotF (even though it greatly helps with evasion and gives 15% MS)? With the current setup my MF values are 16/243 once I get my 20/20 rarity gem.
Last edited by Irongunner on Aug 23, 2015, 5:54:59 AM
"
Irongunner wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply. I really like Blood Dance though, as it frees up 1 gem slot (dropped Blood Rage for Temp Chains on my CWDT), frees up 1 skill point (Master of the Arena not needed if not running Blood Rage) and greatly improves clear speed through the added movespeed and insane HP regen. Eventually I'd also get a +1 Frenzy one. So if I want to stick with that, shall I just keep Sadima's for the IIQ and simply try to get 2x Andvarius by upgrading to resist jewels / better amulet / maybe drop QotF (even though it greatly helps with evasion and gives 15% MS)? With the current setup my MF values are 16/243 once I get my 20/20 rarity gem.

Yeah that's definitely one way to handle it, although I personally don't like Sadima's because of the crap defense, if you're offsetting it with BD then it's a viable option. Just keep in mind you're losing out on up to 4% IIQ in making that decision. It's not critical, but just something to be aware of.

Only reason I suggest that you'll probably have to drop QoTF is that the resistances just aren't really easily manageable and by going with the extra unique (Sadima + BD + dual Andy) you're really limiting your res balance options. So it's probable that you'll need a chest with at least 42%+ dual res and an open suffix, at worst, in order to make it happen and keep res capped, if not tri res 40+.

Goldwyrm has the added benefit of offering a nice fire resistance value in addition to quantity, which is the central reason it's utilized in the build in conjunction with the mana regeneration as a QoL buff

It's your call, but just letting you know that you're in for a doozy getting your res balanced by opting for that setup.

Although with your bow, you have the nice option of going multimod on it to get a second resistance, so that's actually a huge deal that you picked up a bow with only three total affixes.
I based on this guide my second char on POE, well third if we count a short playtime when it was just out of beta, anyway i'm a noob :).

My thanks for the build it really got me into the game as i started drop some decent stuff, sold it and bought ok PA gear, currently MFing in 75/78 maps with acceptable speed and not much troubles except 1 (which is the very reason of this post): i tend to die more or less once per map.

My evasion is 15kish and i also got phase acro, my hp are 3.5kish - res are capped -(that might be the reason), problem is that with some map mods when i can't kite efficiently they 1shot me.

I was thinkin to dump Acro for Iron Reflexes to survive that 1 big burst hit and blink arrow away, you think might be viable? I would like some suggestions from you and other expert PA players.

Cheers :)

"
HorrorBmovieS wrote:
I based on this guide my second char on POE, well third if we count a short playtime when it was just out of beta, anyway i'm a noob :).

My thanks for the build it really got me into the game as i started drop some decent stuff, sold it and bought ok PA gear, currently MFing in 75/78 maps with acceptable speed and not much troubles except 1 (which is the very reason of this post): i tend to die more or less once per map.

My evasion is 15kish and i also got phase acro, my hp are 3.5kish - res are capped -(that might be the reason), problem is that with some map mods when i can't kite efficiently they 1shot me.

I was thinkin to dump Acro for Iron Reflexes to survive that 1 big burst hit and blink arrow away, you think might be viable? I would like some suggestions from you and other expert PA players.

Cheers :)

The big problem is your life. 3.5k is extremely low. You need to push 4.5k, minimum. I don't think your evasion or taking IR is the problem.

Frenzy charges are the last thing imho you should pick up so spec out of at least two of them to get back four points and invest them into the Scion life wheel. The life on your gloves is really low and you have no life on either of your rings or amulet.

Get a gold ring with life / res / IIR instead of the paua ring so that you retain some of your IIR there. Replace your other gold ring with something similar, but with life, sacrificing the extra IIR you have if necessary. Same deal for your amulet.

After that replace your gloves with a pair that has 60+ life, ideally 70+.
I'm running a MF/dps hybrid variant of Poison Arrow now and recently upgraded to a 6L +3 and have the option of socketting either the IIR or IIQ gem. What would be your advice? I'm currently at 13% IIQ/109% IIR and mainly run 78+ maps with >100% map IIQ.

Thanks.
This is my current gear and tree. Would you have any suggestions to boost IIQ/IIR without sacrificing too much DPS and survivability? I would like to equip an Andvarius ring but I'm not sure how I'm going to plug the shortfall in resistance.

Thanks again!

*The missing gem in the 6L Bow is an Empower 4.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAAdwDHgOWBS0FtQYjDPIOPA-rFr8YkRmKGo0byB9BJIslvCaVKlsuUzBxNZI2PTboN9Q6QjpSOyg-z0MxRmlHfkkTSshLeFFHUuxVS1ivWhpaUlsmX7BgQ2HiYqxlTWyMbWxuPW6qbztvnnTtdct2gnfjeA17w3_7gl6DCYTFhNmGYIngjX6Nv5MflwabXZu1naqhIqJApcuomqlutMW00bXyt7a747yfvTa95r6AvqfAGsLswzPDOsSiyAzKSs_d02_UI9i92sHbT92o37_gw-OE5ljqYu0_8Yryl_T4_ro=?accountName=eugenez&characterName=SilvianaBrehon

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info