[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

Since I've put the Inventory & Stash Management build up, I'm getting a lot of requests for the loot filter that I use. It's a modified version of Thiole's.

If you're interested in trying it out, I've left it here:

http://pastebin.com/6A9qM8F7
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Hi guys,

If I don't have Drillneck, should I omit the "Piercing Shots" wheel?

Thanks.
Hi,

i saw you used vulnerability linked with Curse on Hit. So how will i reconize the curse is casted, because it seems not triggering (No Animation no curse symbol over the enemies). When i pull out the curse on hit gem and cast vulnerability then i see the animation and the mark over the heads of the enemies. I was thinking when i m hitting one enemy with my arrow then the animation will autmatically cast the vulnerability because i hit the enemy...

What im doing wrong?
"
Phobozz wrote:
Hi,

i saw you used vulnerability linked with Curse on Hit. So how will i reconize the curse is casted, because it seems not triggering (No Animation no curse symbol over the enemies). When i pull out the curse on hit gem and cast vulnerability then i see the animation and the mark over the heads of the enemies. I was thinking when i m hitting one enemy with my arrow then the animation will autmatically cast the vulnerability because i hit the enemy...

What im doing wrong?

I have mine linked in my gloves as Curse on hit, Vulnerability, GMP and Frenzy.
I see the animation.
You need to have the curse on hit linked with an attack skill as well. Like one of the Heralds or a single attack skill.
Last edited by NaughtyDemon on Aug 12, 2015, 7:10:51 PM
Random question: Do I get more than 1 frenzy charge per shot if I use frenzy+gmp+chain?
Did everyone get their +3 Bows? :3

Seem to be selling slower
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Fog's Price
Spoiler

This is a tale about Fog. my Poison Arrow Scion, and her latest dealings with the Master Assassin Vorici. Skip if not interested.
==========
Alone in her apartment, Fog finished boiling the liquid off of a foul-smelling, green substance.

Ah she thought... just the sort of poison I need to dispatch my enemies.

The green substance could be applied to arrows and left to dry. Upon shooting arrows prepared in this manner, the green substance would quickly evaporate, producing thick, billowing, deadly clouds.

But when smeared onto cloth, the green substance would remain for a time. Any contact with the cloth during this period proved invariably fatal.
====
Later that day in the bazaar, Fog heard a familiar voice call out.

"Over here Exile!"

"Exile" was the term Vorici used whenever speaking to Fog. Such was Vorici's reputation as a master assassin that Fog dared not show resentment when addressed this way.

"I've a mission for you. A certain Malcontent has displeased me. To teach him a lesson you shall kill all his guards, but shall leave the Malcontent unharmed. Is ths clear, Exile?"

"Yes, Master," replied Fog.

It occurred to Fog that this mission was highly peculiar. Why leave the Malcontent alive? Perhaps the Malcontent had something of great value. Something that Vorici greatly desired.

And with this in mind, Fog set out on her mission. Later that day she slew each and every one of the Malcontent's guards as directed.
====
"Well done Fog," said the Master Assassin. "Still, it's strange that the Malcontent died inside his mansion shortly after you dispatched his guards. But I can't fault you for his death as no sign of physical harm could be found on his body. Go now Fog with my blessing."

And so Fog departed, heading straight away to her apartment. Once inside, Fog barred the door and drew shut the curtains, blocking all view of her home from the outside.

Then, Fog opened the lid on a large ornate chest hidden in her closet. Carefully, Fog withdrew a bundle from the chest and carefully wiped away a bit of foul smelling green substance.
Spoiler

"You may send me on your missions, Master Assassin. But you shall pay Fog's price."

Spoiler
The Rat's Nest actually did drop for me this evening while performing a Vorici mission inside a corrupted map. Strangely, all my magic find gear will have had nothing to do with this drop - insofar as I know, drops from mobs not actually killed by you are unaffected by your IIR/IIQ. But since the map was corrupted, the map's IIR probably did enhance the chance that the Malcontent would drop something good.

Last edited by hankinsohl on Aug 13, 2015, 1:43:49 AM
"
JamesGamer wrote:
Hi guys,

If I don't have Drillneck, should I omit the "Piercing Shots" wheel?

Thanks.

Correct.

"
Phobozz wrote:

What im doing wrong?

CoH will not proc on its own while you are firing with a skill that it is not linked to. IE, CoH vuln won't apply whenever you shoot your Poison Arrow. You need to link it to another skill in order for it to proc.

That's why we use Frenzy + Gmp + CoH + Vuln (+ Chain in a 5L). As such, whenever you shoot with Frenzy, that's when it will curse.

"
Nemzirot22 wrote:
Random question: Do I get more than 1 frenzy charge per shot if I use frenzy+gmp+chain?

No. It's once per attack. So even if all 5 arrows hit, you will only generate one Frenzy charge. Chained arrows are not considered extra attacks. We use GMP + Chain in order to spread the curse.

"
allsunsdawn wrote:
Did everyone get their +3 Bows? :3

Seem to be selling slower

Most people, probably. We're just over a month into the leagues now. Prices should be coming down a bit as well, I'd imagine, as undercutters will look to move them faster and reset the price point a bit.

EDIT:

@hankinsohl Nice fanfic =)

For the second bit: a corrupted map in and of itself will no impact on the IIR of the map. But the map's IIR itself likely did have an impact, yes.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Aug 13, 2015, 1:46:00 AM
"
I have mine linked in my gloves as Curse on hit, Vulnerability, GMP and Frenzy.
I see the animation.
You need to have the curse on hit linked with an attack skill as well. Like one of the Heralds or a single attack skill.

*FacePalm*. Thank you!

This is my CoH Setup now, thx Fusings :)

Works really well, since breakables chain the shots too, plus with our pierce chance, from 1 shot I sometimes gain 3-4 frenzy charges, even around corners and the likes.

Also, since I finally corrupted a 21 PA, what would you suggest doing with the spare, clean lvl 20's?

I can't give everything out for brodeals :D

Oh and got my Warbands and Tempest achieves yesterday night, great feeling. Yet I have to see more Uniques than 1 pair of boots (brinerots, 2 dot pack, no boss). I don't really like to buy all the unid pieces.. I mean we at least DO a great MF build here, how have your drops of the new warband-uniques been?
IGN: WildTortillaFart

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info