0.9.3h Patch Notes

Version 0.9.3h:

• Added a quest reward to the Baleful Gem quest. Old characters can go back and claim it.
  • Added four new unique items that can be found (and one for the upcoming ladder competition - see the Beta Status forum).
  • Made "massive" prefixed monsters actually massive.
  • Reduced the radius of the Damage Reflection, Elemental Damage Reflection and Speed auras by 10%.
  • Made damage reflected by the Damage Reflection auras evadable if it was triggered by an attack. All characters have some Evasion, so this doesn't just benefit the Ranger.
  • Capped the damage reflected per monster to 25% of your total Life+Energy Shield (before resistances/armour are applied). For example, if you have 500 Life and 25% fire resist and deal 500 fire damage to a target, you will receive 94 damage reflected.
  • Fixed a bug where Physical Damage Reflection would still hurt you when you had Immortal Call on.
  • Fixed a bug where the damage and life of Spectres were not being scaled correctly.
  • Fixed a problem with unidentified items displaying on the forum.
  • Fixed a bug that could cause a game instance to close incorrectly when you leave it.
  • Fixed a bug that would enable you to activate the Dark Altar without having a Combined Amulet. This used to prevent people getting bandit quest rewards.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Nov 24, 2011, 2:18:28 AM
"
Chris wrote:
Capped the damage reflected per monster to 25% of your total Life+Energy Shield (before resistances/armour are applied). For example, if you have 500 Life and 75% fire resist and deal 500 fire damage to a target, you will receive 94 damage reflected.

This seems to be wrong. You should receive 125 damage before resists are applied. And 0.25*125=31, not 0.75*125=94.
Great success!
GORLAK SMASH WORDS!!
--------------------
The Greatest Plate Vest Of All Time! http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/293910
So store. so item. http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/136100
Sadda: oops, I changed it to make it more accurate :)
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Chris wrote:
Fixed a bug that would enable you to activate the Dark Altar without having a Combined Amulet. This used to prevent people getting bandit quest rewards.
Crap... that prevents getting the quest reward? I didn't think it would. :o
I wonder If I can get the quest reward now

Edit: looks like it's possible for me to get the reward. It offers me the amulet, but it doesn't stay in my inventory (probably because I already went past the alter). I forgot to check my health before the reward :\
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Last edited by Xapti on Nov 24, 2011, 4:19:15 AM
"
Reduced the radius of the Damage Reflection, Elemental Damage Reflection and Speed auras by 10%.

nice one Chris! ^^
Mirror of Kalandra?
Last edited by ama on Nov 24, 2011, 3:43:32 AM
seems like the whole reason why reflect auras were so strong in 9.2f is because they always reflected whole dmg even if you overkill, when you hit 10hp monster with 2k dmg it will reflect whole 2k dmg on you. Thats why builds with 500%+ critical dmg multiplier were so dangerous to play, its especially true for light spells which have such high dmg discrepancy when you hit high roll+ critical it usually meant death. Current 1/4 Hp cap gave small room for error which i appreciate but its still funny when you cant freely do 70lvl lower area because monsters who are normally no threat still can kill you as fast as on merciless because they reflect whole dmg.
IGN Crakk
I really like the damage cap PER monster.

Very smart, makes u change ure play style without making it near impossible.

Are there any plans to change discharge a bit? Its a little OP, something like only + elemental dmg effects it. Might be needed to buff the dmg then though.

Atm im running around with a wand on my marauder, makes me cry on the inside - but its the most effective build for me atm ^^
Chars : Brooke, TheSlowOne, ZapBranigan, RaWR, RaWRmao, RaWRville
Dammit, auras are still super strong for me.

Get this:

I was fighting a pack of monsters that had elemental resist aura, and elemental reflect aura.

My fire resist is 75%. My only source of elemental damage is "added fire damage" support (like 20% of my damage).

1 attack, and I died instantly from full health :\

I'm wondering how that is even possible! I wasn't attacking many monsters. At 75% resist combined with the 25% limit, that's 6.25% health per monster hit. I definitely was not hitting (or even attacking) 16 monsters...

I'm thinking that critical multiplier is multiplying the damage past the limit or something? — that's the only reasonable explanation I can think of.

I think it's ridiculous that a support that's only like 20% of my total damage, vs monsters that have what, 50%? resists aura, only reflecting under 20% damage (don't know how much that's reduced by at lvl 62) still deals enough damage to instantly kill me when attacking maybe 6 or so monsters.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Last edited by Xapti on Nov 24, 2011, 4:46:47 AM
Reflect monsters dmg return definately do not deal return dmg based on the above formulae. I could one shot myself on 5 enemies with discharge with 50% fire resist. While on full hp and ES.

Chars : Brooke, TheSlowOne, ZapBranigan, RaWR, RaWRmao, RaWRville

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info