(2.0) [Lighty] Voltaxic Arc

The eldritch storm descended upon us, and bruised lightning rained down. Metal withered and flesh melted before its arcane power. There was no escape, no shelter. Only despair.

The downside of playing critical arc is dying to reflect and having to deal with the enemies lightning resistances. Voltaxic Rift allows us to convert all our lightning damage to chaos damage, bypassing the enemies energy-shield, preventing any reflect damage and dealing damage in the least preventable way. My variation stacks life leech rate getting up to 130% leech rate making its recovery significantly faster. Most importantly when things die from your chaos damage arc, they die in purple stuff, which is dope.

Atziri Demo (1.3)

Passive Tree

Aura Setup

Leveling
1-12 Lightning Tendrils
8-12 Lightning Tendrils + Added Lightning Damage
12-18 Arc + Added Lightning Damage
18-31 Arc + Added Lightning Damage + Faster Casting
31-38 Arc + Added Lightning Damage + Faster Casting + Lightning Penetration
38-64 Arc + Faster Casting + Lightning Penetration + Spell Echo

Bandit
Help Oak = 40 Maximum Life
Kill All = +1 Passive Point
Help Alira = +1 Maximum Power Charge

Required Gear
Voltaxic Rift is the only thing Needed

Your going to need alot of dextarity on gear. jewelry is a great place to get it.

For my leech rate varitaion theres only 4 places to get it. quality on life leech and.
Check your vorici vendor daily for 35%+ rolls.

Gems and Links
Getting 4b2r is what you'd want. Its near impossible on a 6L Cherrubim's or Voltaxic. If you somehow do get 4b2r, run empower over culling or added chaos damage/faster casting if ya get 5b1r.

CWDT setup:
cwdt lv1 + arctic breath + gmp + golem (chaos/fire/ice)

Aura setup:
[in+1 glove or boots]
Wrath(25) + Clarity(25) + Enlighten(5) + Empower(5)

Auto curse setup:
[Elemental weakness and conductivity curse do nothing for us, so we run assassins mark. If your double curse you can toss in warlords mark or temporal chains to play it safe]
Herald of Thunder + Enlighten(4-5) + Curse on Hit + Assassin's Mark

Double Vaal Stormcall:
[This acts as a single target dps boost, hence the conc effect. If you want more aoe, toss in increased effect or run a 3rd Vaal Stormcall]

IGN: KarnTheSilver [Feel free to ask any questions n' Stuff]
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Nov 22, 2015, 10:25:10 PM
Last bumped on Jun 13, 2016, 1:07:47 PM
Updates:
~ Updating guide for 2.0 & simplified
~ Cherrubim's Maleficence life leech rate buffed to match 2.0 life leech changes
~ replaced reduced mana with enlighten post 2.0; adjusted passive tree to match +1 glove & boots required for attaining certain reservation plateaus.
~ Passive tree first draft updated & added

LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Sep 19, 2015, 1:52:01 PM
nice build, im going to play it. but how do you mitigate phys dmg without aa? or armor from items will be enough?and is it 2.0 viable?

ty for answer that i get on yr twitch channel:) but my browser lagged badly (or yr translation :D),
and i understand partially( i understand that you were talking about phase acrobatix (
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMEswVCBbUHHgdjB6UI9A5ID6sPxBBYEQ8RlhOeFkAWbxa_Fy8aOB0UJpUnLyycLR8wcTpCOlg7fEGWQ8hJUUmyS3hMs08EUDBVS1XGVdZboF3yXyph4mNDZJ1k52aeaPJqQ2sXbWxwUnDVcYV0VXYRfA5-M3_GgKSCEIKbg9uFfYnTjDaOZI9Gj_qQVZUglS6aO5uhogCio6SRp1WsmK6zsUK2-rjKvOrAGsBUwGbB88u9zLfQ9dQj1XXVptte3ajfsOFz42rndOjW6_XsOO088B_w1fId96b31_rS
?) and belly of the beast. but i don't understand spoken english language full correctly, cause im bad in english(
can you repeat answer pls?

Last edited by beamKa_RU on Jun 7, 2015, 8:00:45 PM
"
beamka_RU wrote:
nice build, im going to play it. but how do you mitigate phys dmg without aa? or armor from items will be enough?and is it 2.0 viable?

ty for answer that i get on yr twitch channel:) but my browser lagged badly (or yr translation :D),
and i understand partially( i understand that you were talking about phase acrobatix (
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMEswVCBbUHHgdjB6UI9A5ID6sPxBBYEQ8RlhOeFkAWbxa_Fy8aOB0UJpUnLyycLR8wcTpCOlg7fEGWQ8hJUUmyS3hMs08EUDBVS1XGVdZboF3yXyph4mNDZJ1k52aeaPJqQ2sXbWxwUnDVcYV0VXYRfA5-M3_GgKSCEIKbg9uFfYnTjDaOZI9Gj_qQVZUglS6aO5uhogCio6SRp1WsmK6zsUK2-rjKvOrAGsBUwGbB88u9zLfQ9dQj1XXVptte3ajfsOFz42rndOjW6_XsOO088B_w1fId96b31_rS
?) and belly of the beast. but i don't understand spoken english language full correctly, cause im bad in english(
can you repeat answer pls?

The large upside of voltaxic arc is that it makes you immune to elemental reflect. Come next patch, there is no more elemental reflect, its just reflect damage. That takes away the major perk of the build. So for next patch to mitigate all damage getting acro + phase acro and stacking large amounts of life [ 5k+ ] will be best. Arctic armour isnt good anymore for arc and mana regen is harder to come by. Belly is a good alternative or any armour/Es based chest with tri res and life.
LightyGaming.com
hmm.Will be better stack evasion instead of armor after getting acro? im new in poe. so sry for noob questions)
btw my friend tests on beta that chaos dmg doesnt reflect
Last edited by beamKa_RU on Jun 8, 2015, 8:40:36 AM
"
beamka_RU wrote:
hmm.Will be better stack evasion instead of armor after getting acro? im new in poe. so sry for noob questions)
btw my friend tests on beta that chaos dmg doesnt reflect

well if chaos doesnt reflect in beta for whatever reason then the build is fine. your type of gear wont matter much so just get Es/Armour chest to make rolling 4b2r sockets easier for yourself. Phase acro is still going to be the best form of overall mitigation no matter what.
LightyGaming.com
Will you be posting up an updated skill tree for this build?
Hi, updated skill tree?
"
wondad wrote:
Hi, updated skill tree?

"
whatismagic wrote:
Will you be posting up an updated skill tree for this build?

Updated along with most the guide
LightyGaming.com
Is this build viable in 2.2

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info