Old 2H Sword ST Ranger - any viable 1.3 build?

The patch broke my ranger completely and I can not use it until I figure out a working build. I have not played Path of exile in a very long time so I am not going to try to build it myself. I am trying to get back into the game but without a build for my existing character, I don't have time to build something from scratch.

I was using Kripparrian's old Spectral Throw/Double Strike/Leap 2Hand Sword build.

I know talents were changed and what not so I am wondering if anyone could help me out. I've searched youtube, reddit, poe forums but I have had no success finding a viable 1.3 build.

I'm looking for an adaptation of this build for the current patch.

I know many will think that I should just build a new character however I very much enjoyed that playstyle.

If anyone has something that might work PLEASE help me out. It would be much appreciated!
ign Reeped
I created this build for Bloodlines league. I got to level 91 without dying, 9k ST dps, 5 throws/sec, 10 slashes/sec, 30k double strike dps even with melee splash. Then I died to a shotgun from GMP Orchard Boss, which ironically has been deleted from beta and is now impossible.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4B5wUtB3UILgqbEuEUTRRxGJEZjhm0GlUbqiFVI_YnICmlLOks-zB8MZ4xsDIJMn41kjboOuFHfkp9TZJN404qWK9br14TYEthIWMXZKNlTWegbEZybHTtdqx4DXjreu982X11ggeE2YTvhmCHaod2iO2KIo19kGyRzpuNns2fy6OKplenMKknqW6plK_rtfK77byfvTa-p8CmwQfK08v1z37SIdN-1FLXfti92XzcPdy93Q3h7-Of5wrnD-oY7YPuDu5673ryQfJF9zL46_oY_Ev8xf4K_o_-ug==

I'm currently tweaking the build for beta, overall double strike seems heavily nerfed with the aura nerf but the spectral throw part is actually slightly stronger for some reason.

To do the build:
-Get the Life passives first, then all the other crap.
-For gear buying, Prioritize 450+ dps sword first, then 6L chest (ST is massively better with FP+LMP+PPAD+FA+Blood Magic), then incrementally improve other stuff, lastly 6L your sword to add melee splash for maximum fun.
Hardcore
Last edited by Zaorish_9 on Jun 1, 2015, 6:08:03 PM
"
Zaorish_9 wrote:
I created this build for Bloodlines league. I got to level 91 without dying, 9k ST dps, 5 throws/sec, 10 slashes/sec, 30k double strike dps even with melee splash. Then I died to a shotgun from GMP Orchard Boss, which ironically has been deleted from beta and is now impossible.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4B5wUtB3UILgqbEuEUTRRxGJEZjhm0GlUbqiFVI_YnICmlLOks-zB8MZ4xsDIJMn41kjboOuFHfkp9TZJN404qWK9br14TYEthIWMXZKNlTWegbEZybHTtdqx4DXjreu982X11ggeE2YTvhmCHaod2iO2KIo19kGyRzpuNns2fy6OKplenMKknqW6plK_rtfK77byfvTa-p8CmwQfK08v1z37SIdN-1FLXfti92XzcPdy93Q3h7-Of5wrnD-oY7YPuDu5673ryQfJF9zL46_oY_Ev8xf4K_o_-ug==

I'm currently tweaking the build for beta, overall double strike seems heavily nerfed with the aura nerf but the spectral throw part is actually slightly stronger for some reason.

To do the build:
-Get the Life passives first, then all the other crap.
-For gear buying, Prioritize 450+ dps sword first, then 6L chest (ST is massively better with FP+LMP+PPAD+FA+Blood Magic), then incrementally improve other stuff, lastly 6L your sword to add melee splash for maximum fun.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THIS!
ign Reeped
awakening is out.. any update to this build please??
ign Reeped

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info