Ranger reave) Go for witch or duelist session??

so i was going to make a phy crit reave ranger, life based. alse i would like to run all three heralds and hatred. but here comes the problem, should i spend around 7 pts to grab some mana and mana reservation nodes for around 100+ spare mana to run reave. also to have one more gem slot for a dps multiply gem. or should i spec those mana pts into damage nodes and use a bm gem on reave?? thx
Last edited by justin0205 on May 29, 2015, 3:30:36 AM
Just get mana leech. You need about 4% and you can sustain it easy so long as you have multistrike. good links would be melee phys, faster attack, pcoc, conc, and multistrike for a 6 link. If you want a tree to base off of, check out my 87 ranger StaticRowan. Currently a static striker, but very generic tree and If I wanted I could turn her into a reaver by simply recoloring my chest. Hope I helped :)

Also, you do not need ANY mana nodes on the tree except maybe the mind drinker up in shadow if you're going daggers. Use the points to spec into life, you'll want ~150% life on your tree to hit 4500 health and be fairly safe.
Sure, the lab can be hard, but it's pretty easy if you're properly geared, and not terrible at the game.
thx for the reply. i think i might go mana base. so it is probably a must to get mana reservation and the mind drinker node. but i probably wont go conc since im gonna use belly of the beast, as i would swap conc for wed. plus. im gonna use dagger for this build. huehue
What about using a Soul Taker to avoid the mana problem ?
IGN: Darkrox (not my main, just for easy contact)
~ Yes i'm the Darkrox from Runes of Magic - World's #1 Guild Pravum 2009 - 2011 ~
you cant reave with an axe. I guess you could use as an offhand.

i think its a hard call if u invest in reserve nodes or not. Personally I would never invest in reserve nodes on a melee, Id just run a defense aura and hatred then get 2% mana leech on gear, I wouldnt have heralds at all. But if you can run all 3 heralds then sure theres going to be a gain there and if ur crit then you can curse on hit with ur thunder and that brings something else to the table, warlords, poachers or assassins can all generate charges of various kinds on top of their other goodies which is always welcome.
Last edited by Snorkle_uk on May 28, 2015, 10:58:06 AM
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
you cant reave with an axe. I guess you could use as an offhand.

i think its a hard call if u invest in reserve nodes or not. Personally I would never invest in reserve nodes on a melee, Id just run a defense aura and hatred then get 2% mana leech on gear, I wouldnt have heralds at all. But if you can run all 3 heralds then sure theres going to be a gain there and if ur crit then you can curse on hit with ur thunder and that brings something else to the table, warlords, poachers or assassins can all generate charges of various kinds on top of their other goodies which is always welcome.

You're right, I should have clarified that. The Soul Taker would be in the offhand and since you can't Reave with it, only the main weapon will be used while the Soul Taker solvs the Mana problem.
(The 10% More Attack Speed, 20% More Attack Physical damage and the 15% Block Chance will still apply though)
~ Yes i'm the Darkrox from Runes of Magic - World's #1 Guild Pravum 2009 - 2011 ~
Last edited by Darkrox on May 29, 2015, 12:47:04 AM
the thing is. im trying to go with shield. because if im going for dual wield, my living is gonna decrease a lot. for now. my solution would not to run herald of thunder. The original reason for me to use this herald was to gain power charge with it. but i guess i will just go for a pcoc on the 6L in my chest. thank you all for ur reply =D. If there are any more suggestion. please feel free to tell me as im trying to make this character better ._.
One more thing i would like to ask. so my life based crit reaver is base on a ranger. my current skill tree is going across the ranger and shadow area. But right now. i cant decide should i go for the duelist or the witch area. If im going for the duelist area, i would just grab those life and damage nodes. On the other hand, if i go for the witch area, i would just grab the area and power charge and some life.

the reason i cant decide witch or duelist is because atm. im using a 6L belly, where also i didnt put in increase aoe in it for reave. So i feel like the area of reave is kind of unsatisfying. That's why i was thinking about going to the witch session for the aoe and power charge and life nodes. What do guys think? just go with the original aoe of reave and grab duelist, or go for the witch seesion??
I'd go for Duelist, since besides those AoE nodes you are pretty lost in the Witch Area, with close to no other usefull nodes for your build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info