Radeon ATI lag spikes still not fixed since 2013?

It seems to be a common problem since 2 years that was/will never be addressed by the devs. Just wondering if anyone figured out a way around it.

- Gets worse when people are entering the same area.
- Cannot open strongboxes since lag spike = death.
- Cannot risk playing on HC league. I'm dying too much on standard as is.
- Cannot play with people in teams. I'm soloing all the time.
- Especially worse on Docks when there are archers around. (Act 3 in general)

HD 6850 here. Consistent 100 FPS on highest settings. However, Lag spikes completely freeze the game for a second. Tried the lowest graphical settings but lag spikes still persist.
I'm interested in joining a casual, talkative guild with many members. Nothing hardcore - just end game mapping and dailies.
It was, the issue you are having now effects both nvidia and ati/amd, FYI the fix was including a texture quality block on high for 32 bit OS's and reducing the art asset sizes by a third.

One thing that always caused it for me was iceshot's chilled ground effect and was fixed back then.

What you experience now is on the fly loading becuase some textures are not loaded at launch, they could fix this but then you would likely crash if you had low ram.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on May 25, 2015, 10:05:34 AM
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
It was, the issue you are having now effects both nvidia and ati/amd, FYI the fix was including a texture quality block on high for 32 bit OS's and reducing the art asset sizes by a third.

One thing that always caused it for me was iceshot's chilled ground effect and was fixed back then.

What you experience now is on the fly loading becuase some textures are not loaded at launch, they could fix this but then you would likely crash if you had low ram.

You are right. I monitored my RAM, CPU, and GPU usage and the problem seems to be RAM and CPU while GPU is sitting quite comfortably. Both CPU and RAM shoot up to 70% usage. I tried to override the texture settings and set it to high quality just to see what happens and RAM shot up to 90% in Sarn.
I'm interested in joining a casual, talkative guild with many members. Nothing hardcore - just end game mapping and dailies.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info