Bard Class: Mad Max Fury Road

This is basically the entire premise behind Brutal Legend, and I can't believe it that's the only other place I've seen it.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
The bard class in Rift was pretty sweet, you strum a harp and it shoots damaging abilities or heals. Could also immobilize if i remember right.
"
Gixxerdude wrote:
The bard class in Rift was pretty sweet, you strum a harp and it shoots damaging abilities or heals. Could also immobilize if i remember right.

No game I've played or heard of has done a bard correctly. Rift made worse than a botched job of it.

When I think of bards, I think of two things:

1. First and foremost, I think of a drum march. Mad Max: Fury Road did a really good job of capturing this, especially given the setting. You know the enemy is coming, and you know it from fifty miles away. And when you finally see it, you see exactly why you heard it so very...very...very far away. It instills terror into the enemy seeing someone waste a huge vehicle with a 20'x20' wall of amplifiers and speakers behind a double-flamethrower guitar guy suspended by cords.

2. A support person that plays lullabies to help your people sleep or valiant songs that inspire or empower your men with courage, pride, and even humor.

The last enemy I want to face is some junkie high on chrome spray banging his head Borderlands 2 Psycho-style to their heavy metal charging me with a vehicle running only on nitro.
I'd prioritize enemy bards as targets.

Just sayin'. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:
I'd prioritize enemy bards as targets.

Just sayin'. =^[.]^=

Bards are just biological banners and flags. Take them out and you piss off or dishearten your enemies.
"
Natharias wrote:

2. A support person that plays lullabies to help your people sleep or valiant songs that inspire or empower your men with courage, pride, and even humor.

So a D&D bard? I mean, they arent the most balanced bu tthats EXACTLY what bards do in D&D.
You want a cool bard scene? I'll give you a cool bard scene!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-y6fOBfBPY#t=39m15s

And the 2 dudes in hats aren't even the best bards in that scene... just wait till the ultimate bard appears :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info