Unlock the locked single target melee skills in pvp and pve

The reason Cyclone and generaly movement/AOE melee skills are better than all the other in PVP and PVE is because you can hit a target while moving.

Let s take a classical skill like heavy strike.
In PVP is becomes clear a skill like this is bad once you target someone using CWDT+Lighting warp+ice wall (most of casters/bow users use such similar combo).

As soon the target get hit he just teleport while you are spamming your attack in the air, then you automatically run after him without attacking since you are locked on your enemy and then die of shame and humiliation getting assaulted from afar.

Even if this is less of a problem when you are 1h and can tank a spell with block it is another story when you try those skills with 2h.

I would suggest to rework single target melee skills to make them able to Hit while you are running around ( at least give us a support gem for that maybe).

Single target skills should be usable in PVP since it is made to kill bosses I would imagine it is also good to kill another player/exile. The problem is how you are locked on the ground.

There is so much help to negate stun or freeze from big hits on the tree and items, I think those skill should at least have a little help in PVP.

Cyclone everywhere for melee is kind of dum (like ARc everywhere for casters or EA for Bow).

In PVE it would be great to pass in a group of monster slashing your way in without getting stuck in place and dying from some suspicious cheap mechanics that can t hurt you when you use movement skills like cyclone.

I guess there is animation to do for this to be changed, however it would actually make it more interesting to have a modern mechanic introduced in the game. Being stuck in place look kind of old, clunky and totally not realistic of how a melee duel or fight is in real life. (and I guess it s the reason ppl prefer AOE skills than single target ones).

Please let me run and hit at the same time while using single target skills (would also provide PVE melee a great diversity boost).

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on May 24, 2015, 8:17:41 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info