New Server Locations for The Awakening Beta

OK, GREAT, BUT OPEN!!!!!! BETA NOW!!!
Playing marauder @ Hardcore leagues

I hope the brazilian server come up soon as possible btw nice work GGG ty for all!
Washington's new server shaved off another 15ms in my case. I'm sitting at around 40-45ms now. I'm playing in lockstep and loving running through packs without desyncing. The next race season is gonna be fun ^_^
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Disappointed with the servers. I mean, it's great that you're expanding but please don't stop with these and act like they're enough.

Can't say much about the US servers since I live in EU, sweden about 1 hour north from stockholm. And I get the same ping (60) from every EU server. It was only in the frankfurt server I could dip down to 50 ping, but that made a lot worse when using lockstep since it couldn't hold a steady ping.

The thing about the EU servers is that they're basicly in the same area in europe. I can understand the London one sure, heavy populated island. But why do the Frankfurt one? It's pretty much right next to Amsterdam. Shouldn't be better if you would have added a north and south server instead? Like one in middle of sweden to cover most of scandinavia and one maybe in northern Italy to cover most of southern Europe. That would probably been the best and most fair for us in the EU. And then ofc we could cover more with more servers, like the london one we have now and maybe one in the more eastern part of Europe.

These new EU servers doesn't really change much for us who already had problems, just expanding the ''good ping area'' a little bit.

I really hope you'll cover more areas later on.
Thanks so much for this and the new Deterministic Lockstep mode. Gameplay feels much better now. :)

Connecting through California reduced my already decent latency from ~80ms to a fairly steady ~48ms despite being north of the border. Sure beats playing Wheel of Time at ~250+ms years ago.
meh new servers dont seem to help. Im still getting constantly disconnected , and lockstep just makes the game less enjoyable. I have been playing PoE since 2013 and though i had desync issue it never (EVER) has been this bad. I mean i can log in get disconnected 4 times while standing in town. its not my internet connection, I know Im in IT and work for the company that provides me with the service for free. I can manage my service from the office and everything checks out fine, and besides up until awakening beta i never had so much of an issue with even staying connected. I would love to tell you how the beta is going, but unfortunately i cant stay playing for more then 5 minutes with out getting booted back to the log in screen... so I move onto other games as it gets tiring having to run back through maps over and over again. what i have played the game is awesome. Please help, not sure what else i can do, i tried all three US servers, Washington being the closest still getting booted at 50-60 ping

Edit: I know alot of you are head over heals with lockstep, I would love to be like that too, as this is my favorite game, but for me its just unbearable Getting frozen and doing nothing until i get booted to the main menu, its worse IMO then rubber banding back a couple of time, at least i'd be able to continue, and since im not running HC because of net issues, dont really care if i die to desync.. At least i'd be able to play for hours... at this time i cant play this great game,, and honestly dont want to go back to live, this game is awesome, so as its in beta, ill take a break until you guys work things
out, I'll be back later on.
Last edited by NefariousNoetic on May 21, 2015, 6:17:49 PM
I didn't know we had a server here (TX). No wonder I don't have as many problems as some. :)
Censored.
Brazilian server possibility! *-*

Thank you so much for care about this GGG!
Before this change i've had ~50ms latency on the America server, now I get about the same latency but a ton of spikes on both the Texas and DC server. (Live in Chicago.) Is this temporary because the server locations just released or something? Kind of unplayable atm
Clayshaper is best shaper
WE WANT TURKISH GATEWAY!

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! WE DONT WANT TO PLAY WITH 100+PING!

Sincerely;
A Turkish gamer.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info