Righteous Fire Mechanics Question

Does the 2% fire damage penetration from the Celestial Judgement passive and the 3% fire damage penetration from the Heart of Flame passive affect enemies and/or self burning with righteous fire? (I know the fire penetration gem doesn't do anything, but since this is a passive I thought it might be different. Though I don't like penetrating damage to myself lol!)

Is it true that righteous fire's burning damage is NOT benefited from increases to spell damage, but IS benefited from increases to fire damage, elemental damage, and burning damage? Is it true that these increases affect only damage to enemies and not to self?

Does concentrated effect affect the burning damage that righteous fire outputs to self and enemies?

Does the use of the words "effect" and "affect" in the same sentence affect your affect, or does it effect no affection of your affect? (OK these are just nerd sentences).
Last edited by Coryza on May 18, 2015, 2:00:29 PM
No.

Yes. Yes.

To enemies. What the fuck does the last one mean?
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Thanks!

Sorry, I was overwhelmed by nerdiness. I've added rough definitions of how the words are used in parentheses:

Does the use of the words "effect" and "affect" in the same sentence affect (influence) your affect (your observable emotions, for example, your facial expression), or does it effect (cause) no affection (no influence) of your affect (your observable emotions, for example, your facial expression)?
Last edited by Coryza on May 18, 2015, 2:32:55 PM
Could you give an example of what you are talking about? Where are the two words used together?
They were just right next to each other in the sentence I used,

"Does concentrated effect affect the burning damage that righteous fire outputs to self and enemies?"

Which could be rewritten to avoid the weirdness of putting effect and affect right next to each other by replacing "affect" with "influence" like so: "Does concentrated effect influence the burning damage..."

Other examples:

I effected a plan (I put a plan into action)
--- that affected Dominus, (that had an influence on Dominus)
---*** with the effect that he died (with the result that he died)
---***^^^ with a peaceful affect. (with a peaceful look on his face)

-I effected a plan that affected Dominus, with the effect that he died with a peaceful affect.
-I put a plan into action that had an influence on Dominus, with the result that he died with a peaceful look on his face.

Or, rewritten to not sound awkward but with the same meaning:
-I put a plan into action that influenced Dominus, resulting in his death with a peaceful expression on his face.

Admittedly the use of "affect" for noticeable emotions or facial expressions of others is a specialized word, but it is used frequently in the fields of psychology, psychiatry, and other mental health professions.
Last edited by Coryza on May 18, 2015, 2:43:56 PM

Well in the sentence you used the effect produced an affect.

Not sure if that helps or not.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info