Question About RF and its damage

So my lvl 70 RF Marauder is doing fine and all but I'm curious about how to know how much damage i'm doing and taking considering things like x% increased burning damage being added in and how much am I really taking in damage per second so I know exactly how much health regen I have after the fact ?

These may sound like noob questions to some but I'm not good at math and I haven't found anything other than some really long winded algorithms that look like foreign language to me
Unfortunately I think long winded algorithms are the only way to get a full picture of all the nuances of whatever.

I can try doing the math for you if you give me your numbers. Maybe something like your life regeneration (preferably in flat + %max life increases if possible), your fire resistance, and your increased Burning and increased Fire damage.

According to the Wiki, currently, x% increased burning damage and increased fire damage will increase your damage to enemies and not yourself, so x% increased burning damage should be a direct boost.

You can also give some different fire resistance percentages if you have flasks/gear swaps.

EDIT: I'm gonna try using your profile to get this info and then calc for you. I'm new to using profile, view char on profile wasn't available 2-3 years ago lol. brb
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on May 16, 2015, 11:45:58 PM
According to my calculations, net regen is as follows:

Right out of the gate: 2.75% of max life regen, +10 flat life regen
With 6 endurance charges: 3.95% of max life regen, +10 flat life regen

0 end charges but flask up: 11.75% of max life regen, +10 flat life regen
6 end charges and flask up: 12.95% of max life regen, +10 flat life regen

If you give me your max life, I can tell you exact numbers of regen(degen) and damage to enemies
If you give me alternate gear/passive choices, I can update my spreadsheet and hopefully give you updated calcs

Note that the original post had wrong numbers because I forgot Purity of Fire and Vitality. I have since edited and updated with hopefully more accurate numbers
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on May 17, 2015, 12:33:33 AM
"
adghar wrote:
Unfortunately I think long winded algorithms are the only way to get a full picture of all the nuances of whatever.

I can try doing the math for you if you give me your numbers. Maybe something like your life regeneration (preferably in flat + %max life increases if possible), your fire resistance, and your increased Burning and increased Fire damage.

According to the Wiki, currently, x% increased burning damage and increased fire damage will increase your damage to enemies and not yourself, so x% increased burning damage should be a direct boost.

You can also give some different fire resistance percentages if you have flasks/gear swaps.

EDIT: I'm gonna try using your profile to get this info and then calc for you. I'm new to using profile, view char on profile wasn't available 2-3 years ago lol. brb

So my max life is 4401 and my ES is 208

I don't know what my flat life is but I have 133% increased from tree and 66 flat from tree and 36% increased from my Belly of the Beast

with no flasks and PoF Fire res is 87% and with ruby its 97%

Life Regen with Vitality is 648.1 and with 5 endruance its 692

I also run EE and curse on hit cyclone with ele weakness at minus 34%

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/RaWMSU/characters
RaW_Im_On_FIRE

Hopefully thats what you needed and some extra

I really appreciate the response
Last edited by RaWMSU on May 17, 2015, 2:15:57 AM
RF is affected by:

Fire Damage
Burning Damage
DOT Damage (30% with DOT craft for weapons)
Elemental Damage (20% with Scepters)

With Blooddancer boots, you can easy get 5% lifereg aswell.
Last edited by Fumina on May 17, 2015, 2:55:28 AM
If they know the damage ingame since it kills things why cant they update the dam display with its damage

they HAVE to know it or else it would just deal random damage or none

How hard is it to take RFs var and print "%rfvar Damage per sec" come on now
"
Lynerus wrote:
If they know the damage ingame since it kills things why cant they update the dam display with its damage

they HAVE to know it or else it would just deal random damage or none

How hard is it to take RFs var and print "%rfvar Damage per sec" come on now

Would be kinda nice
Here is a damage calculator for RF

With your current stats (you'll need to put in the gem levels of conc effect and inc burn damage) it puts you at around 10k dps to enemies. This is before mob resistances are taken into account obviously.

As for the damage you are taking, it's just a case of reasonably simple math:

(0.9*(max health)+0.7*(max ES))*(1-fire res) = (0.9*4401 + 0.7*208)*(1-0.87) = 534 hp/s

Any other questions feel free to ask me, I have a lvl 91 RF mara with a very similar build and setup to what you are running (Grimmolation, if you wanna check profile) I recommend getting a Doryani's Catalyst sceptre if you can afford one, a mid rolled one (note ele damage is the only roll that matters to you) would give you an extra 4k dps alone. A Doon Cuebiyari sceptre is a cheap alternative for a smaller dps boost.
Last edited by Grimmhammer on May 18, 2015, 1:17:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info