Question abouts applied bonuses (multiplicative/additive)?

Say I have 10% crit base, then I get an item with +50% to crit rate.

This obviously sets it to 15% crit rate.

My question is, if I get another +50% to crit rate item, will I be getting another 5% increase (via the base stat) or a 7.5% increase (via the once modified stat)?

Does the application remain consistent between gear/passives?

Does the type of calculation remain the same for all types of increase (Item find, item rarity, crit chance, increased damage)?
Your crit chance stacks additively, and then is applied to the base all at once.
Getting a total of 100% increased crit chance from whatever sources would give you 20% crit chance in your example.

The only thing I'm not sure of is crit chance on weapons... I thought it was supposed to stack additively the same way but it actually changes the base crit chance shown on the weapon (and makes it blue) so I'm a bit confused about that.
IGN: Jerk, Princess

http://orbswap.info - the easy way to trade currency
"
taekvideo wrote:

The only thing I'm not sure of is crit chance on weapons... I thought it was supposed to stack additively the same way but it actually changes the base crit chance shown on the weapon (and makes it blue) so I'm a bit confused about that.

I believe what he said about the crit passives and crit from other things beside weapons is true. It is additive.

But as for the weapons I think that is how melee and bow characters get their crit is from weapons. Since w/o a wep equipped I don't believe you have a base crit chance that is not 0 correct me if I am wrong. Same for spells coming with their own 5% base.

So if you find a weapon that is normally 5% crit base and it has a mod increasing it to say 5.3, 5.3 will be your base.
Thanks guys.
"
reddead wrote:
So if you find a weapon that is normally 5% crit base and it has a mod increasing it to say 5.3, 5.3 will be your base.

This is correct. Your crit chance comes from the weapon you're using. Most items have a 5% base chance (some have more) but weapon crit mods can increase your base chance which is then multiplied but other things like +crit passive skills.
Forum Sheriff

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info