[3.2] Scionic Flametank "16k ES ed." (ES-CI-ZO-GR, SR-CWC-FS, extensive guide)

"
endoscient wrote:
I have %fire leeched as life from my amulet.

I think Inquisitor is worth it if you really want the better Consecrated Ground uptime and elemental ailment immunity. Personally I would rather the reflect immunity and the extra ~10% boss damage of Elementalist. You can mitigate element ailments with Flasks, and I have the glove enchant that casts Consecrated Ground when you take a critical strike. I am also wish

On my PoB if I allocate Inquisitor I gain 17.2% DPS on Firestorm and 10% on SR
VS 15.7% and 4.4% from Elementalist. Nearby Enemies take 10% increased Elemental damage is pretty big damage.

I guess the real trade-off is the Reflect immunity, which, for me, is manageable.

Totally missed the amulet. *doh*

I should probably get leech from amulet.

That is what I currently use.
"
endoscient wrote:

I think Inquisitor is worth it if you really want the better Consecrated Ground uptime and elemental ailment immunity. Personally I would rather the reflect immunity and the extra ~10% boss damage of Elementalist. You can mitigate element ailments with Flasks, and I have the glove enchant that casts Consecrated Ground when you take a critical strike.

It used to be that the Consecrated Ground created by the Inquisitor baby ascendancy was placed at the target that was hit, thus providing no CG uptime for the Scion at all unless the Scion moved to the target's location or hit/killed somebody standing on top of the SCion, thus making that aspect of the Inquisitor baby ascendancy worthless for the flametank.

Has that changed in 3.2?
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
Last edited by Pi2rEpsilon on Mar 27, 2018, 2:39:22 PM
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
On my PoB if I allocate Inquisitor I gain 17.2% DPS on Firestorm and 10% on SR
VS 15.7% and 4.4% from Elementalist. Nearby Enemies take 10% increased Elemental damage is pretty big damage.

On my PoB switching from Elementalist to Inquisitor increases my Firestorm from 12,518 to 12,622 per hit against Shaper. PoB doesn't model the minimum shock from Elementalist at all though, so that is where I am getting the 10% boost from Elementalist.

With an amulet as damage heavy as you have (it gives +10% total dps compared to my current one), it might make more sense to go Inquisitor, swap Herald for Vitality, and get life leech with Vitality Watcher's Eye.

"
Pi2rEpsilon wrote:
It used to be that the Consecrated Ground created by the Inquisitor baby ascendancy was placed at the target that was hit, thus providing no CG uptime for the Scion at all unless the Scion moved to the target's location or hit/killed somebody standing on top of the SCion, thus making that aspect of the Inquisitor baby ascendancy worthless for the flametank.

I actually didn't realize that, the animation for Consecrated Ground is really hard to see. Regardless all the bosses I would really care about it, I would be face tanking them in melee range anyway.
Last edited by endoscient on Mar 27, 2018, 3:18:57 PM
Got it. Do you use orb of Storms to apply shock then?

Also I've been testing the Inquisitor Consecrated ground, and it spawns at my location.

I was also thinking about getting leech from Vitality Watcher Eye. But I'd want to have both leech and ES% Recovery...which is currently 10ex outside of my budget XD (Still need to get a 6L)

Below is my current gear at level 77. Currently 10k ES

Spoiler

Edit: I take it back, I picked up
for 5.5ex after selling my Kaom's. :D

Just need to divine it a few times.
Last edited by Gryphenprey on Mar 27, 2018, 5:42:21 PM
Yea I use an Orb of Storms - Arcane Surge - Increase Critical Strikes, to proc Shock, Arcane Surge and Elemental Overload all at once.

That Watcher's Eye is really nice and much cheaper then I thought. If I had that I think Inquisitor would be the right choice to go, since need to find room for Vitality and I would rather drop Herald then Arctic Armor. Then can go heavier on damage in some places, like that amulet you linked, to make up the Herald loss.
Last edited by endoscient on Mar 27, 2018, 6:30:09 PM
"
endoscient wrote:
Yea I use an Orb of Storms - Arcane Surge - Increase Critical Strikes, to proc Shock, Arcane Surge and Elemental Overload all at once.

That Watcher's Eye is really nice and much cheaper then I thought.

Neato. I've been using OOS for EO+Arcane Surge. I guess Inquisitor's is essentially the same as the Elementalist's Shock. I am all about the convenience of the CG though given that my client tends to lag a lot.

And yeah he had listed the Eye for 10ex. There is another one on the market (3-mod with hatred flat cold) for 5ex. Haggled using that as a basepoint. I didn't think he'd go for it to be honest. But he did, so now I really AM broke. Lol. Running Uber lab to try to get regen on some boots to make that upgrade now. Lab is a BREEZE. I love it.

Edit:

10 or so tries.

Rage Essence Crafted this too. It's not 300es but it's pretty nice. I lose about 130es compared to my current helm.

Last edited by Gryphenprey on Mar 27, 2018, 7:58:21 PM
"
Pi2rEpsilon wrote:

Ps: Nobody has yet chimed in on how the build performs against Red Elder. I expect there to be few problems, but absent a report from somebody who's tried it who knows? If/when you fight him, let us know how it went?

I found it fairly easy. I died to something at some point (not sure exactly what, was on close to full ES as well if I recall correctly). The only issue I had was Shaper died so I had to "kill" Elder myself (still on a 5L, most if not all of my non-uniques were <5c bought to start mapping, didn't have the DPS to take the null portals down fast enough) but mostly it was tank/cast.

My profile/character's a public if you wanted to check it out.
Sorry about my ignorance, but i haven't understood the point of the Overflowing Chalice.
Without the pot, I gather a group of mobs, use all pots, and when they are dead the pots are filled up again. The only time they end is against stronger unique bosses, but in that case the overflowing doesn't help, since I'm not killing stuff.
-If it is to have more uses of a sulphur flask, wouldn't it be better to have a blue one with immunity to curses?
-Or, would it be better to use other unique, such as Wise Oak for 15% fire pen?

Thanks again for this amazing build
"
All3x wrote:
Sorry about my ignorance, but i haven't understood the point of the Overflowing Chalice.
Without the pot, I gather a group of mobs, use all pots, and when they are dead the pots are filled up again. The only time they end is against stronger unique bosses, but in that case the overflowing doesn't help, since I'm not killing stuff.
-If it is to have more uses of a sulphur flask, wouldn't it be better to have a blue one with immunity to curses?

Is the flask setup I used almost all the time. The charge recovery of The Overflowing Chalice can be nice against bosses with adds, but I feel you need a Warding, Staunching and Heat flask for your main magic flasks. So that leaves 2 Unique slots, and Atziri's and The Wise Oak just seem much stronger then some extra charges on your other flasks.
"
EpicFailTrain wrote:
"
Pi2rEpsilon wrote:

Ps: Nobody has yet chimed in on how the build performs against Red Elder. I expect there to be few problems, but absent a report from somebody who's tried it who knows? If/when you fight him, let us know how it went?

I found it fairly easy. I died to something at some point (not sure exactly what, was on close to full ES as well if I recall correctly). The only issue I had was Shaper died so I had to "kill" Elder myself (still on a 5L, most if not all of my non-uniques were <5c bought to start mapping, didn't have the DPS to take the null portals down fast enough) but mostly it was tank/cast.

My profile/character's a public if you wanted to check it out.

Shaper couldn't hack it, so a scionic flametank on a budget did the dirty work. There's a story there, I just know it... :D

Thanks for the confirmation on Red Elder.

I looked at your gear and can see what you mean with your budget gear. Low ES, str, and int on all your rare gear for your level (91) with the outstanding exception of your high-stat amulet, so you are "only" running around with 11.7k ES, but apparently that was enough. Nicely done.

You do have an outstanding Watcher's Eye with both ES recovery boost/Disc and life leech/Vitality (I'm envious :p); Is that new gear after the Red Elder kill (like your 6L Geofry's Sanctuary must be) or did you have that at the time?

"
All3x wrote:

Thanks again for this amazing build

It is to a large degree a relic of an earlier stage of the build; It is very useful for refilling the other sulphur flask(s) on longer boss encounters with add waves, and more generally also if you've exhausted the antifreeze/antibleed and need them refilled quickly, but it is only seldom needed and even more seldom if you manage to get a Light enchant on your gloves generating Consecrated Ground when you are hit since all that remains is the former use.

It can profitably be replaced with some other flask depending on your needs. Wise Oak, as you suggest, being an obvious candidate if you want more damage and ensure uncapped fire is highest.

More generally, I highly recommend that you use the flasks that feel right to you. Like the other gear in that first post they aren't requirements: they are guidelines.

Regarding anti-curse; The reason I don't use one in the level 93 stats at the start is because when you overcap resistances (as I do) I find freezing and bleed the only two real threats, so those are the ones I wanted to be guaranteed to clear, and for a third immunity Ignite would probably be my choice because while the vast majority of ignites are weak and can be ignored, a few hit very hard.

It isn't that anti-curse isn't valuable - overcapping doesn't remove the threat of all curses, only the resistance lowering ones - it is just a question of priorities

So a player that doesn't overcap resistances would value anti-curse higher.

Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
Last edited by Pi2rEpsilon on Mar 29, 2018, 9:13:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info