2 choices?

so, are there only 2 choices of builds you can make right now?

i'm fairly new, my experience is a templar lvl 50~ like 3weeks ago and a claw ranger in his 40s right now. i know not high level or anything.

but do i assume right that you only have 2 choices of builds, which is:

- op aoe casters (havent seen much of bowers, but heard they're equally strong), aswell as aoe in general

and

- melee fun build (contains basicly everything else)

whatever build i've youtubed in highlevels is either a witch or some sort of witch derivate. what all have in common is mindless and easy aoe spells and similar things.

i've tried a shock nova templar and it was ridiclously easy and easy to farm and get rich, mighty and whatnot.
with 0.93 i was hoping for some kind of alternative (since i kind of read about in the changelogs) and i got it with my claw ranger and his aweful demand of flaskpressing, while havin an action-per-minute-rate of some professional korean sc2-guy.

so my question, is that all there is? either get drowned in effort, while beeing not able to farm or get a rewarding experience for your skill or gring mindless through hords and hords?

i'm asking this because, either beta-testing or not, ultimately PoE will be rated about his balance and i can't see much capability in these terms.

cheers
They're working on balancing it carefully, not quickly/rashly. Witches are op right now but it won't be like that forever.
IGN: Jerk, Princess

http://orbswap.info - the easy way to trade currency
Last edited by taekvideo on Nov 21, 2011, 6:38:17 PM
I still don't get what went on during development for them to make it so easy to get increase spell dmg % on gears for witches...

Wanna fix imbalance?
Simple, remove that attribute from gears.

Keep it only on wand/scepter like every other class.

Retain the elemental % increase dmg on specific spell such a lightning, fire, ice dmg, but be sure that attribute get capped low such as 50%.

Considering increase cast speed is also readily available, I feel that it should correct the situation.

"
KrapnoV wrote:
I still don't get what went on during development for them to make it so easy to get increase spell dmg % on gears for witches...

Wanna fix imbalance?
Simple, remove that attribute from gears.

Keep it only on wand/scepter like every other class.

Retain the elemental % increase dmg on specific spell such a lightning, fire, ice dmg, but be sure that attribute get capped low such as 50%.

Considering increase cast speed is also readily available, I feel that it should correct the situation.

You're forgetting one important thing. Crit rating and crit damage multiplier for witches are one of the major causes of the imbalance. They can get crits that do 10x damage, and a crit chance high enough to do them reliably and consistently. And with an already high base damage it's just crazy.
IGN: Jerk, Princess

http://orbswap.info - the easy way to trade currency
"
taekvideo wrote:

You're forgetting one important thing. Crit rating and crit damage multiplier for witches are one of the major causes of the imbalance. They can get crits that do 10x damage, and a crit chance high enough to do them reliably and consistently. And with an already high base damage it's just crazy.

well, my impression was that even without these modifiers the use of aoe or range damage spells was both extremely easy and rewarding at the same time.

and of course i'm eager to see what the changes will be, but i can't see the future, and have a limited view on the past (thats why i'm asking), so i can only judge the status quo.
You also should notice a lot of the videos are on Normal, the Hard Core ladder has much more variety (not all witches) which gives me reason to believe that a lot of different builds are viable.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info