Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Oct 20, 2015, 11:04:50 AM
"
lolozori wrote:
"
Lordsidro wrote:
"
lolozori wrote:

There is more broken things in pvp to care right now like traps and mine. Those shit are uber broken with cleaver and just can 1 shot 4-5 players at the same time in sarn with arc for exemple.

Have you thought about getting gud?

I am not good for sure, I am a noob and it s kind of obvious really.

But If you guys want to stop mutual masterbation and get new blood for pvp instead of giving awesome advice like this one maybe you should take into consideration what makes noobs not continuing playing pvp.

If you think I am saying crap then argument a little bit more because "get gud" is not a smart argument at all. Noobs like me can swallow their words and agree when you can prove them wrong.

However what you just did right now is proving being helpful and informative is not the quality of a "gud" pvper.

Are you guys so happy right now to fight the same guys waiting 30 minutes in queue? It is so much fun not to have new seasons because the same players learned to be "gud" but 90% of the others not?

Do you enjoy loggin 5 min a day only because there is none to fight you and your "gud" skills?

Sure there is place for strategy and skills.
Trappers for exemple demand a lot of strategy but it is still broken in pvp with one shots on 10k life/20k es. You can defend all you want the fact trappers play cat and mouse, it doesn t make the skills they use a bit unbalanced.

Stop defending your own builds and work for a more balanced pvp instead.

traps hit like... 5k if the opponent has damage reductions + unyielding and stuff. . i have almost full dps that this game can offer and i hit for 5k to libritanniaES whatever gem setup i try. My 4 mines cant kill her for example Still good amount but its almost impossible to hit very fast moving target with mines. and traps are not a problem snce you kill with rain of arrows. To Qbot my mines hit for 6K also. Its not a big amount. Still for some, this can be considered as OP.

dont forget that i spent 70+ points for dps in my tree. If you can catch me, i'll just die.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Oct 20, 2015, 6:05:15 AM
Oh also, you gotta see me playing vs good firestorm builds.

You would write a song - actually a lamentation for me and sing like monks in most hardcore depressive religion. Maybe you would cry, maybe you would laugh how pathetic my build is in pvp arenas vs firestorm builds.

My point is every 'edgy' thing in pvp can be punished. Also without getting edgy, you cant be top in pvp. I may have edgy dps but the punishments im having are so hard that if you had see me playing you would tell me 'omg quit this build... what are you doing'

EA is exception of course. :)
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
"
Rupenus wrote:

traps hit like... 5k if the opponent has damage reductions + unyielding and stuff. My 4 mines cant kill her for example. i have almost full dps that this game can offer and i hit for 5k to libritanniaES whatever gem setup i try. Still good amount but its almost impossible to hit very fast moving target with mines. and traps are not a problem snce you kill with rain of arrows. To Qbot my mines hit for 6K also. Its not a big amount. Still for some, it can be considered as OP.

dont forget that i spent 70+ points for dps in my tree. If you can catch me, i'll just die.

Spoiler
Hi Rupenus.

It is not your traps I think are broken.

Sure the arrow can one shot when they pop front of you and I personally think it would be nice if they are more clearly visible so you can try to evade them using your hands and coordination.

Making the arrow glow or whatever would be a good thing.

I can personally say that I have 8.8k life with normal kaom and 1k life regen and still those traps can one shot me.

I don t know what libra use on gear much, I know only he have leg kaom. Maybe with leg kaom and playing a ranger I could take only 5-6k but trust me with normal non leg gear you can take 8-9k one shot

(without leg kaom as a RT 2h melee you choose : going evade or going full life .Even at level 98 I can t get both + dps.

If I go evade I get about 7k life and BCR fuck me + so much point spend to go west I do 3k dps/hit before mitigation anyway or If I go life I have 8-9k life and little bit more dps but I take full damage still).

Imo for non leg kaom going dodge is useless because of bcr.

Also well traps + kite from bow even if you don t take 1 shot from the traps you get pressured so much with the bow that the combination of both VS melee is kind of strong.

Now I think when I talk about some trap skill being broken, I talk about those having AOE.
Like those Arc/glacial one that can full screen reach.

In those stupid little arena of 1 vs 1 they are just unbalanced IMO. I think skills that are not traps ones but used with the support gem traps should have a bigger damage reduction.

Those skills are made to be casted and they are way weaker casted than used in a trap.

Of course I could say the same thing with whispering/EA/leg kaom cyclone.
Lot of things are unbalanced and I let the people facing those others to talk about them.

I still think everything should be balanced a little bit more and some traps are way too powerful.

Another thing.
Mirror items are not legacy so if mirrored items are so strong that you need a legacy defense to protect from it, It is not good.

What will happend when Mirrored gear will have level 100 mods? Normal kaom will be a joke, Legacy kaom will also be.

Sadly you can t create 1000 life mirror chest, and for 2h rt life is everything until they fixe armor.

Kaom should go back to 1000 life because anyway the non legacy mirror attack items will always be stronger than the best leg defense items in the game or even the best mirrored armor gear (well maybe aegis is kind of strong for a legacy haha).

About frost wall, could poe engine permit "life pool" on inanimate casted spell? Barrels can be broken but could a spell be changed in that way too?

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Oct 20, 2015, 11:37:50 AM
I just don't see traps and mines as oppressive as you're making it out to be. This thread was also about frost wall and I think everyone agrees frost wall is pure silliness in pvp.

I dont really enjoy cwdt/cws in pvp either but I see a small upside of having it, but easily outweighed by the problems it causes.
Last edited by Lordsidro on Oct 20, 2015, 9:55:41 AM
"
Lordsidro wrote:
I just don't see traps and mines as oppressive as you're making it out to be. This thread was also about frost wall and I think everyone agrees frost wall is pure silliness in pvp.

I dont really enjoy cwdt/cws in pvp either but I see a small upside of having it, but easily outweighed by the problems it causes.

true,

I derailed this thread a little, I apologies.

I think a breakable icewall is a good idea if it is even possible with the game engine.

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Oct 20, 2015, 11:17:42 AM
Sry for my english,

My honest opinion,

The poe pvp have to VERY VERY VERY improve to get bad...

There are several ways to escape in pvp.

and on the other hand, there are few effective ways to catch runners...

In a game with bad mechanics and hundreds of ways to run and disrupt the game of who those to be Melee, the existence of walls seems to me one of the biggest jokes of this game...

And if we consider that these walls are impenetrable to melee attacks?

Very, very, very, very shameful.

My opinion is the same: walls should be banned from pvp.
"
lolozori wrote:
"
Lordsidro wrote:

true,

I derailed this thread a little, I apologies.

I think a breakable icewall is a good idea if it is even possible with the game engine.

A breakable frostwall is possible imo. It would just be an inert totem with a very large hitbox and knockback immunity. Allowing the wall to be broken up in sections would also be possible: casting 1 frost wall could create several of the "totem" entities in a line, with overlapping hitboxes and collision detection. But it might be more work than GGG is willing to do on something that is only an issue in pvp.
totally unbalanced pvp + cavernous mechanics + frost wall + many option to f* mele builds + useless melee skills + useless melee nodes

Well...

GGG hates melee builds

Fact.
Last edited by Shampoo_br on Dec 8, 2015, 11:15:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info