[1.3.1] Elemental bow / Windripper TS HC Build

I no longer play this build but I'm still happy to answer questions about it

Spoiler
This is a very expensive build, it's not for beginners. I'm going to keep this thread simple, if you have any questions feel free to comment or PM me.

What's good with this build?

Defense
You get a very high life pool due to Kaom's Heart, this paired up with Acrobatics, Phase Acrobatics, Ondar's Guile & Taste of Hate makes you VERY hard to kill, this is after all a build made for Hardcore leagues.

Offense
We also get an absurd amount of damage, I'm currently only level 83 but I still have 26.3k tooltip Tornado Shot dps with lots and lots of damage nodes that I'm yet to take. My auras & heralds haven't even hit 20 yet, not a single one of them. So I'm really looking forward to seeing what my damage will be once I'm getting level 90+.

Flexibility
If you don't want to play with Tornado Shot then just swap LMP/GMP for Chain and TS for Split Arrow. There is also no need for using a Kaom's Heart if you would rather use a Lightning Coil or Belly of the Beast. It's all up to personal preference.

My gear

Obviously Atziri's Acuity aren't needed, I'm simply using them because I have them. If your Windripper isn't 6Led take out crit damage.

Last edited by jeppesu on May 27, 2015, 9:47:48 AM
What about your bandit choices? Oak-Kraityn-Alira?
Looks like a fun build btw, gonna give it a try. I don't have access to godly gear like Acuities, so gonna substitute it with Maligaro's probably.
"
Borgese wrote:
What about your bandit choices? Oak-Kraityn-Alira?
Looks like a fun build btw, gonna give it a try. I don't have access to godly gear like Acuities, so gonna substitute it with Maligaro's probably.

Those are the bandit choices yes.
Nice gear, sweet thread.

but why .. DID YOU SKIN ACUITYS ?!?!?!? i cri
TOILETTE  BRUSH  BOYS

@Etti
Playing a Windripper Tornado Shot char on hc too, isnt faster attacks a better option instead of increased crit dmg? Atleast for me it gives me more dmg. Otherwise really sweet gear!

Edit: Ah just saw you have a corrupted Windripper with other colours sorry!
IGN: WhyTheRainbowstrides
Last edited by SperArc on May 25, 2015, 1:46:06 PM
Leveled with this build to 74 (in sc with no deaths), doing early 70s maps atm. Damage is still on the low side (12k with 5L Windripper), but it plays very safe and fast. I'm using faster attacks though, it just felt sluggish playing without it.
I ran out of chromes rolling windripper and off colours on evasion-based gear, so I ended up running TS-FA-WED-LMP-BM with HoT auto-cursing with Warlord's mark for much needed life leech.
My (crappy) gear atm:
Spoiler

Build feels quite tanky, I even did some stupid stuff like facetanking melee-based exiles and it was just fine.
"
Borgese wrote:
Leveled with this build to 74 (in sc with no deaths), doing early 70s maps atm. Damage is still on the low side (12k with 5L Windripper), but it plays very safe and fast. I'm using faster attacks though, it just felt sluggish playing without it.
I ran out of chromes rolling windripper and off colours on evasion-based gear, so I ended up running TS-FA-WED-LMP-BM with HoT auto-cursing with Warlord's mark for much needed life leech.
My (crappy) gear atm:
Spoiler

Build feels quite tanky, I even did some stupid stuff like facetanking melee-based exiles and it was just fine.

12k dps at level 74 isn't too bad, especially not since you're using a 5L. Faster Attacks is a solid alternative, I chose to use critical damage to have more one-shot potential against single target which I overall liked more than Faster Attacks.

Your jewelry and quiver lacks a lot of potential damage mods so you still have a lot of upgrades that can be done, looks good overall though!

"
Nice gear, sweet thread.

but why .. DID YOU SKIN ACUITYS ?!?!?!? i cri

They don't have in-game art dode so I had to D:
Last edited by jeppesu on May 27, 2015, 9:47:18 AM
"
jeppesu wrote:
12k dps at level 74 isn't too bad, especially not since you're using a 5L. Faster Attacks is a solid alternative, I chose to use critical damage to have more one-shot potential against single target which I overall liked more than Faster Attacks.

Your jewelry and quiver lacks a lot of potential damage mods so you still have a lot of upgrades that can be done, looks good overall though!

Yeah, I get at least 2k more dps with crit/crit multi quiver, but can't max out resists with it (too many characters, not enough good jewelry XD). I'm interested in seeing how it does at higher levels, maybe it'll surpass my phys-based/rare harbinger/TS ranger. Thanks for sharing the build, it's pretty fun to play!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info