Best way to make currency

I came back a little bit ago.

I even have a CoC discharge build that is working pretty great at level 83/84. I will farm maps back to back with pretty amazing speed and after I believe three weeks now the best things I got was an Alphas howl, a divine, and all the "1 chaos uniques" or so I deem them because that's their set price but I can't get them sold for half a chaos.

The divine I traded with some chaos I had for a BoR nonlegacy for this facebreaker build I might start leveling. But I have two alpha howls I can't even get sold for 20 chaos. Just nothing at all sells even when I have it under what anyone on poe trade has stuff for.

So after weeks of farming even when I get something they just don't sell. I really want to raise enough for a mjolner but I think that will never happen because at this rate chromatics are my only steady income that I can always find a buyer right away for.
People always want stuff. You have to find out what. Alpha's Howl was yesterday. Everyone has one by now, so they're pretty much worthless. Find out what today's players want and go after that.
But how since drops are random and the other crap doesn't sell so how can I get what people are going after:( lol
WTB 13 alts 1C

WTS 10 alts 1C

you can do this with anything really or denomination, maps, uniques what ever.. I do it mapping.

Lord knows I dont find shit actually playing.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 5, 2015, 12:04:51 PM
Why do you need specific expensive items? Just do builds without them. If you get lucky and find some rare uniques, make a build around it.
Going directly for rare stuff will leave you frustrated and bored in no time.

P.S.: Mjolner isn't even something exceptionally fun, if you ask me.
Perception is reality.
Play HC and sell alphas for 2-3exalts ☺

Just farm maps. The most consistent currency you make from actual currency drops. If you can do a 66 map in 2-3 minute or a slightly higher level one in 3-4 you should average 1-2 chaos equivalent per map in drops alone. And if you got a bit of MF you will get a bunch of chaos recipes that you can leave for unid.

Either that or do high level maps and find good items to sell, which is possible on HC since everything there is in remove only tabs and there are barely any items for sale OR its starting league and there still isn't a flooded market plus the constant deaths make it easy to sell even the leveling uniques.

Got no real tips for standard economy cause that place is completely new to me but if you are not interested in pushing exp just blow through low maps as fast as possible with mf.
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
When i had a shop going in... God i forget what the league was called, the one they introduced strongboxes, I made pretty steady currency by pricing stuff at what a flipper would want to pay.

I'm assuming you are trading in standard, my god have mercy :p
I'd just keep cutting until stuff sells or make a 'bundle' page like buy one get one free.
I try not to sell things under a chaos because I'd rather be playing so make a 3 for 1 chaos or 2 for 1 chaos tab in your shop helps in that regard.

Or do what I eventually ended up doing and setting up 1-7 day sales with a b/o
Highest bid wins at the end or if they want it immediately they pay the b/o (keep it reasonable)
Everyone love to save a chaos or two and some are patient enough to. You might give someone a good deal with the bid system, so keep track!
Everything I sold on highest offer that hit the end of my 24h sale I'd keep in the shop unverified and what/who is sold for.

Best of luck
"
KoolaidMan0 wrote:
But how since drops are random and the other crap doesn't sell so how can I get what people are going after:( lol

Thats just learning valuations. Takes time except for easy stuff like uniques/gems. There all one has to do is go to POE.TRADE put unique in serach box and gives you a good idea where to price in order to sell.

The hard stuff is rares which can be the most value of all. I try and play lots of class/builds so i can understand what works and why. But i'm still learning. Some stuff sells in 5 min (meaning i prolly underpriced) some never does (overpriced)...either-way I'm taking a second look at both. I dont mind underpricing tho a sale is sale in my book plus shit gets cheaper all the time so its good it sold. So dont be afraid of being too cheap.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 5, 2015, 12:21:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info