Minion targeting

Is there a way to disable targeting the minions? They often get in the way when im trying to walk/ target mobs.

This leaves my character just walking up to them and doing nothing alot of the time.

Does anyone else have an issue with this?
I agree wholeheartedly. I currently have 3 zombies and I am aiming for more - and although they are just three and most of the time they are too dumb to go straight and therefor miss the action most of the time ;) - I as a somewhat melee templar am severely hindered by minion targeting.

What does minion targeting do anyway? By hovering your mouse over them you get their health status. This could be solved by a small health bar at the side (like a party screen). If there are any buffs/heals in the game (only lvl16 here) you could target them via this sidebar too.

The most obvious fact remains that I dont want to hit my minions.
Last edited by Mantar on Nov 21, 2011, 12:37:16 PM
Totally agree with you, its just annoying.
/signed!
In 092 i had a pure summoner with 8 Zombies & 7 Ghosts.
I was folloving my minions alot by double clicking them by mistake. So around 25 % off time i got crowded by mobs- i should have killed because off it.

Its annoying alot in HC, SC its less annoying cause off no reroll on death.

But yes would be neat with minion health at side ( like party ), so i cant taget them. Or an option to turn target minions off, because i never buff them anyway (They are cannon fodder ).
Last edited by Jetcutter on Nov 21, 2011, 10:57:54 AM
I have always found the "summoner" type class to be alot of fun, i would like to see more skills/support for this.

But with the way things are now, it seems more frustrating than fun
add targetting of other players minions on this too. was playing with a witch who had tons of summons, was a total clusterf@*ck underground my ranger had to use aoes since i couldnt target anything reliably. spam rain of arrows was my choice :p
~SotW HC Guild~

Both issues are in the works, see here:

"
Rory wrote:
In future, minions will have their own health portraits, and other features that let you see your minion's status easily. Other features have been requested, like un-summon options, more visual feedback, directional indicators, etc.

We will also include a way to not target your own minions when this is added, so you don't accidentally click on them.

Minions will also follow you between areas in future.
Necropolis: 95
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info