Beginner just unlocked the Scion

I just found this game on steam and made it through the normal difficulty and unlocked the Scion.

I am quite interested in her but i have no idea what to build on her, are there any good Melee builds for her?

I saw the Scion sub-forum but i was overwhelmed, theres so many builds, i do not know which one is best or what talent tree to follow.
If you're a beginner, you won't be able to afford the "best". Look for ones that say budget or cheap, and then look closely at them because some people's idea of cheap is not very cheap. At the top of each class forum is a post with a fairly up to date list of builds.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Not many builds require a Scion but she can substitute most other chars in most of the builds out there. Her starting passives are somewhat weak, though, so playing as her is mostly a loss unless you need to connect two opposite parts of the tree, for instance, from ranger/shadow highway to mara/templar.

In closed beta she also has a huge number of jewel nodes available, if the tree remains as it is, she will have that advantage in 2.0.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
I would suggest that you avoid Scion because while the class provide more flexibility than other classes, it is a lot harder to build around its starter area. In fact, many builds are more efficient by doing the same thing as scion with less points required.

I'm in such situation where I build Static Strike scion but if I opted for Shadow start, I would actually save 1 or 2 points at lvl90 and more importantly I would have picked more stronger nodes--nodes around scion start are weak compared to similar nodes elsewhere (example: 6% phys damage vs 10% phys damage in Shadow area, 3% attack speed vs 4% attack speed in Shadow area and many more).
Well, if the classes werent gender-locked id play Shadow and stuff.
Yeah, that's why Scion is a girl.

Witch can be substituted with Templar or Shadow without missing a step, and Ranger can easily be swapped for Shadow or Duelist. However, you lose heck of a lot of points trying to sub Mara with a Witch or Ranger.

So, just pick any build you like, shuffle a few points around and there it is, Scion-ready and rarin' to go. If you need help with that link the tree here.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Be warned, she never shuts up.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
I just had a look through the melee scion builds and only 1 was beginner friendly but the dude that made it seems like a casual player(i do not mean it in a bad way), the build looks fun but i do not even have half the gems in there.

All the other ones dont have "beginner friendly" or something on the title.

Should i go with that one despite the fact that i dont have over half the gems?

Also, can i buy the gems from other people if i do not have them? If so, how?

I am just clueless :x
Last edited by Nhadala12 on May 3, 2015, 3:36:28 AM
Tell me what gems you need and you can have them for free in case i have them myself.
IGN: Darkrox (not my main, just for easy contact)
~ Yes i'm the Darkrox from Runes of Magic - World's #1 Guild Pravum 2009 - 2011 ~
"
Darkrox wrote:
Tell me what gems you need and you can have them for free in case i have them myself.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/847200

This is what ill go for.

It looks like theres some staple gems there, i can get Double Strike by myself but i do not know how to get stuff like Faster Attacks and Added Fire Damage or Grace and Hatred.

If any of those is on the Scion Quests tell me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info