Path of Exile Russia/CIS Enters Open Beta!

Cool Movies =)) Remind me about Diablo2..
I am veteran i have follow Poe sense November 2010.
Piety => Vera ("Faith" on English manner) is just hilarious. Like my grandmother's sister's name =]

While it's great that they made most of the prominent voice-actors to participate, the voice acting is far from what's considered good voice acting, as in most localizations for Russia (but, it may be my snobbish prejudice; e.g I loathed Russian Warcraft 3 so much!). Thank you for not forcing to have the localized version like Blizzard does - when you had to make some manipulations to get the English version to play.

Anyway, thanks! It's just great you've decided to put efforts to make the game more accessible to Russian-speakers.
TIL CIS means Commonwealth of Independent States
Last edited by darkjoy on May 2, 2015, 3:53:12 PM
"
OrDronus wrote:
What about character transfer? Will we be able to fully transfer our characters to Russian server?
In june u can transter all MTX to russian server
"
Daiena wrote:

2.What your money are you exactly talking about? This isn't taxes,the moment you purchase something,the money that you spent is no longer yours,yours is the in-game currency.

Yeah maybe my English is not good, I will try to explain.
When you donate to someone because you want them to improve the game and do things etc, you ofc give away this money. And they do amazing things with that, which usually ends up making you give them more money.

Things like this, make you think two times about giving them more money. Because I dont care if they do one time for russians, but if they start doing this thing on more languages, well, the game is over. I dont want to support that, nor I want them to destroy their own game, because I love it and want the community as big as possible, and use the money in good ways.

I dont know if its clairly enough. What I am trying to say is that dividing the community in different platforms with different servers is not a good thing in any way.

At least this is just my opinion.
Cheers
IGN: Gonorreitor
Last edited by Valmar on May 2, 2015, 7:23:26 PM
My native is russian. I understand english well enough to read all the things related to gameplay, but not the dialogues, not the POE story (hmmm sounds almost like POEtry). So thank you very much!
"
Valmar wrote:
"
Daiena wrote:

2.What your money are you exactly talking about? This isn't taxes,the moment you purchase something,the money that you spent is no longer yours,yours is the in-game currency.

Yeah maybe my English is not good, I will try to explain.
When you donate to someone because you want them to improve the game and do things etc, you ofc give away this money. And they do amazing things with that, which usually ends up making you give them more money.

Things like this, make you think two times about giving them more money. Because I dont care if they do one time for russians, but if they start doing this thing on more languages, well, the game is over. I dont want to support that, nor I want them to destroy their own game, because I love it and want the community as big as possible, and use the money in good ways.

I dont know if its clairly enough. What I am trying to say is that dividing the community in different platforms with different servers is not a good thing in any way.

At least this is just my opinion.
Cheers

I'm pretty sure GGG only does this for one of two reasons:

1. They are required by law to go through a third party to access a certain market.
2. To obtain non-English speakers as customers.

It doesn't seem to me that they intend for Russian/English speakers to go to Garena instead of GGG's servers if they don't want to, but to gain as players everyone that doesn't feel comfortable with their knowledge of English to play on them.

I doubt the overall game community on GGG's servers will suffer much as they increase localization.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
inferni2013 wrote:
"
OrDronus wrote:
What about character transfer? Will we be able to fully transfer our characters to Russian server?
In june u can transter all MTX to russian server

:( pfff MTX... we need whole characters and items.
"
Kellog wrote:
"
jstq wrote:
Nice fuck you to those who stay on main poe. No low ping for us.

The Garena servers seem to be in Moscow, hosted by Oversun.ru (Оверсан):

As a resident of the Russian Far East, playing on these servers - which I won't - would reduce my latency to around 150 instead of 170/180. Personally, I'd prefer a PoE server at Softlayer in Tokyo, my latency would then be around 70/80.

Pinging the IPs above gives me (mid of the country) the same values: 130-150. I would like to know if some residents across Russia got significant latency improvements?

I have never dealt with Garena before, but I do know what Russian <name your anything here> community is and always try to avoid it. I better stay with the rest of the world.
"
Archwizard wrote:

It doesn't seem to me that they intend for Russian/English speakers to go to Garena instead of GGG's servers if they don't want to, but to gain as players everyone that doesn't feel comfortable with their knowledge of English to play on them.

I agree on that. The problem is, if they want that, why didnt they just translate the game and change language in options?

It was by far better and the right thing to do, and acomplish the same goals without the former problems.
IGN: Gonorreitor
Last edited by Valmar on May 3, 2015, 8:59:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info