Tank Old Man Templar build

So hello dudes and dudettes i got a lvl 50 Templar and my focus upon him is to make him undroppable but eversince act 3 on cruel its been getting real hard. Heavy strike is my primary attack since it knocks back + mace realy gives me the edge on manoOmano especially bosses. (around 600 dps atm per hit)
Secondary as an aoe i use groundslam not so efficient but it gets useful in some cases

Here is my tree
I use determination depending on the situation and purity aswell depending on the situation also anger to amplify my dmg .
My heavy strike is supported with melee physical dmg and elemental weapon damage .
Right now what i think is best is to head towards health regen .
Mana sometimes gets troublesome but its manageable .
E.g Guard captain type boss 2h Greatsword he was chopping my life off in seconds forcing me too port out and in several times .
Id love showcase my gear aswell although igot no clue how ^^

Would love some insight !!
Thank you for reading this ^^
May I ask what the greater plan behind this build is? To me it looks like you're picking nodes pretty randomly and I really have no idea what you want to achieve.

You completely skipped the whole Templar starting area leading to the question why start out as a templar?
As it is the Marauder area would have been much better place to start.

You are crawling over half the skill tree, grabbing a lot of the bad +10Str/int/Dex nodes but really don't achieve anything with it you couldn't have had much easier.
"
May I ask what the greater plan behind this build is? To me it looks like you're picking nodes pretty randomly and I really have no idea what you want to achieve.

You completely skipped the whole Templar starting area leading to the question why start out as a templar?
As it is the Marauder area would have been much better place to start.

You are crawling over half the skill tree, grabbing a lot of the bad +10Str/int/Dex nodes but really don't achieve anything with it you couldn't have had much easier.

The original Purpose was too build a tank which relied upon str mostly , reason for the templar apart from asthetic reason was too have the access towards mana for future auras and also the few life nods that are over there. Reason to my direction i went towards the maurader tree line was because of the health i could accumulate over time aswell as the decent progression of ele resistance. Also was planning too obtain 3 endurance charge passives.
On the bottom line I have a fair amount of regret orbs and respec points and pretty confident that i can change around 40 points if necessary any suggestions will be implimented i still do want a tanky templar .
Thank you for your reply
Last edited by ronuotoron on Feb 10, 2013, 10:46:30 AM
Last edited by ronuotoron on Feb 10, 2013, 11:32:59 AM
"
ronuotoron wrote:

The original Purpose was too build a tank which relied upon str mostly , reason for the templar apart from asthetic reason was too have the access towards mana for future auras and also the few life nods that are over there. Reason to my direction i went towards the maurader tree line was because of the health i could accumulate over time aswell as the decent progression of ele resistance. Also was planning too obtain 3 endurance charge passives.
On the bottom line I have a fair amount of regret orbs and respec points and pretty confident that i can change around 40 points if necessary any suggestions will be implimented i still do want a tanky templar .
Thank you for your reply

Strenght is pretty useless at least in form of nodes, they are incredibly underwhelming compared to most nodes you could get.
Survivability is achieved by hp, armor, es, and evasion nodes but it's really not worth the pure attribute nodes.

I would suggest you to not derail your build to the mid of the tree rather you should head down from the marauder area, there is more than enough survivability and it's easier to get and requires you to spent less skill points.
With the amount of health you have Blood Magic would also be a really viable option to consider it may hinder you from using percentage based auras but thats usually worth it.
"
"
ronuotoron wrote:

Strenght is pretty useless at least in form of nodes, they are incredibly underwhelming compared to most nodes you could get.
Survivability is achieved by hp, armor, es, and evasion nodes but it's really not worth the pure attribute nodes.

I would suggest you to not derail your build to the mid of the tree rather you should head down from the marauder area, there is more than enough survivability and it's easier to get and requires you to spent less skill points.
With the amount of health you have Blood Magic would also be a really viable option to consider it may hinder you from using percentage based auras but thats usually worth it.

Oho thank you didnt expect the pure attibutes not being so useful. So which passives do you recommend for me too have a lookout? I do still want to abuse immortal call/warlords mark/ enduring cry .
Would a different combination of weapons be necessary ?
"

Oho thank you didnt expect the pure attibutes not being so useful. So which passives do you recommend for me too have a lookout? I do still want to abuse immortal call/warlords mark/ enduring cry .

As a Templar you generall want Life, Armor and Energy Shield because you've got enough passives to support them and usually end up getting equipment granting you these. Where you set your priority is up to you.

Obviously more endurance charges are perfect for what you are attempting to do and even though it's quite a travel to get them it's worth when also grabbing the Marauder life/armor/resistance stuff on the way.

The choice of weapon mainly depends on what skills you are using for lighntning strike which would fit pretty perfectly in your build a scepter would probably be the best choice.
"
"

As a Templar you generall want Life, Armor and Energy Shield because you've got enough passives to support them and usually end up getting equipment granting you these. Where you set your priority is up to you.

Obviously more endurance charges are perfect for what you are attempting to do and even though it's quite a travel to get them it's worth when also grabbing the Marauder life/armor/resistance stuff on the way.

The choice of weapon mainly depends on what skills you are using for lighntning strike which would fit pretty perfectly in your build a scepter would probably be the best choice.

Thank you very much helped me out alot I will update the build once I figure out the appropriate build thanks a ton dude cheers !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info