Racing as Ranger in the Upcoming Expansion

Nerfed the base damage of all early games bows (WAT), moved Rain of Arrows to level 12 (WAT²), increased(!!!) mana cost of rain of arrows (WAT³), start with only either ice shot or split arrow (LOLWAT).

#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Apr 29, 2015, 6:01:01 AM
Mule Spectral Throw with scion and do that. Worse for parties (have to share whetstones and rustics and bases with the group if you run with duelist or marauder), but it's definitely "GGG Viable".
SeoHyun (www.twitch.tv/Awkamess)
My racing guides for S11:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/15DtU8a7ruzt_q7x51pS6lG4QOl_XxAmcdP6RU-61qUU

"Terrex is irrelevant." ~Lonestar420 2015
"
Awkamess wrote:
Mule Spectral Throw with scion and do that. Worse for parties (have to share whetstones and rustics and bases with the group if you run with duelist or marauder), but it's definitely "GGG Viable".

Spectral Throw hasn't been viable for racing in several seasons. Have you ever even played Ranger in a race before? If not I suggest you keep your clueless smartassery to yourself.
Last edited by Lonestar420 on Apr 29, 2015, 9:27:37 AM
"
Lonestar420 wrote:
Spectral Throw hasn't been viable for racing in several seasons. Have you ever even played Ranger in a race before? If not I suggest you keep your clueless smartassery to yourself.

Terrex would disagree ...

I believe they are reworking all skills.
I'm pretty sure they want to rework class specific balance as far as racing clear speed is concerned. One class should not have a direct advantage over any other. The invitational race is a great example of this, because literally EVERYONE played Templar.
"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."
Last edited by Hixxie on Apr 29, 2015, 1:22:31 PM
"
Hixxie wrote:
"
Lonestar420 wrote:

Terrex would disagree ...

I believe they are reworking all skills.
I'm pretty sure they want to rework class specific balance as far as racing clear speed is concerned. One class should not have a direct advantage over any other. The invitational race is a great example of this, because literally EVERYONE played Templar.

Terrex is irrelevant.

Also, you make a good point, last season the difference between top ranger and top templar in the sig was I think almost 1.5 mil xp (in a 65m race), that's absolutely crazy.

So, please guys tell me again just how viable ST/Cleave or whatever else on ranger is?

And given all that what does GGG do? They nerf early bows, early ranger gems, etc..

So instead of improving the worst class in the game - they make it worse. Mindblowing.

I'm generally a very, very pessimistic person, but even I didn't see that one coming. Well played.

And make no mistake, this isn't just an oversight, they actually went out of their way and nerfed the damage numbers on early game bows. Just... who comes up with ideas like that.. I don't even..
Last edited by Lonestar420 on Apr 29, 2015, 2:30:57 PM
dual wield cleave THE DREAM
[quote="Hilbert"]
CT should be around the art of PKing and not griefing lower levels.
[/quote]
http://www.twitch.tv/zoroxo123
Also leap slam range is nerfed while its mana cost has gone up.

Still need level 10 to use which is probably after climb meaning duelist may go hailrake? But then if we want molten strike we need to mule and kill hailrake.

Hillock takes 6-8 seconds longer to kill now as well? This seems unnecessary and will make turbo/brutal races more annoying if that's not adjusted.

I would also love if sapphire ring level was reduced and dropped sooner. Not sure if racing balance is even on their radar ATM but its probably going to be an interesting season.
Also, no corals till level 3 AFAIK
SeoHyun (www.twitch.tv/Awkamess)
My racing guides for S11:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/15DtU8a7ruzt_q7x51pS6lG4QOl_XxAmcdP6RU-61qUU

"Terrex is irrelevant." ~Lonestar420 2015
"
Also leap slam range is nerfed while its mana cost has gone up.

Still need level 10 to use which is probably after climb meaning duelist may go hailrake? But then if we want molten strike we need to mule and kill hailrake.

Hillock takes 6-8 seconds longer to kill now as well? This seems unnecessary and will make turbo/brutal races more annoying if that's not adjusted.

I would also love if sapphire ring level was reduced and dropped sooner. Not sure if racing balance is even on their radar ATM but its probably going to be an interesting season.

Pls, racing is never on their radar.
"
Lonestar420 wrote:
"
Awkamess wrote:

Viable vs other classes? Not a chance. Viable vs ranger? Absolutely (More so in longer races).

And we kinda know that they dont balance all classes to compete with each other just compete in your class.

Either way the bow nerf was retarded, and i dont see the point.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info