new Supporter Packs discussion

I have mixed feelings about Beta Keys being in the new Supporter Packs.

on the one hand, it makes perfect sense: GGG need money to continue development, Beta Keys are the packs' greatest selling point, and people who paid to get into Beta will *hopefully* be more serious about it than *most* of who got in thus far.

on the other hand though, this isn't Closed Beta any more.
it's not people supporting a new-ish company and a game at its infancy.
having a Beta in a released game, then selling keys for it... I don't know... it just feels like a shameless money-grab almost on par with abominations like day-one DLC.

the Packs have other cool stuff in them.
I think they will still be sell-able without Beta Keys.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
I wished they didn't provide the keys. I am not that happy about getting into beta.
Permanent Hardcore only.
They shouldn't have.

Almost everyone wanted them to.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
I strongly disagree that the keys are the "greatest selling point".

For me, the number of ingame effects, the physical comic book, the soundtrack, and the number of ingame points are the biggest draw cards.

The design option for the Divination Cards are also a huge opportunity to add something to the game world - but alas, I value my marriage a little bit still, even after all these years, so will need to talk to the wife about that one.

I however do agree that they should not be in the packs as this contributes to diminishing the value of the packs post Closed Beta. Will the packs be discounted afterwards, or is GGG not attributing any monetary value to them? If there is no value, why are they included?

EDIT: This does not belong in Beta Invite Discussion, as it can be a much wider discussion.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Apr 29, 2015, 2:23:30 AM
I think keys should have only been in the top-tier packs (if at all), since the other top-tier people were the only ones that got in due to a single purchase.

I don't think it's a shameless money grab though, I think it's simply GGG caving in to popular demand. Anyone that views the Beta key as the best part is going to stop at the Awakening pack, and I'm sure the higher packs will sell no problem (already seen more than one Highgate tag).
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
I'm assuming at this point they have a decent idea of how the servers will cope. I am curious how many people will end up in the beta on the supporter packs.

Also keep in mind this is a short beta now with an optional buy-in. Getting in the beta will have no bearing on the live game. It's not like they have suddenly switched to an entirely new business model.

I can't speak for others but I was planning on getting the new supporter pack before I even knew about closed beta and I would have bought it without the key.
Closed Beta pretty much just became the live realm basically.
I don't think they should have included beta keys, they caved into pressure and that is the result. That aside and referring to the actual packs themselves. I'll risk making enemies and saying I am not that thrilled by them. I never support for the goodies but the goodies in these packs just don't do it for me. I like the t-shirt and the graphic novel but that is about it.

The ability to design a Divination Card is also a let down as I think the whole system is completely retarded and was a waste of time to even bother implementing.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Honestly they can't please everyone no matter what they do.

At least people that really want to test can do so now without relying on luck.
Bamm more titles^^ INSaNe hypuuuuu^^
Bayern des samma mia

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info