Help Please - "Don`t touch me!" TS Templar

So i want to build a (almost?) Max Block Char which uses Tempest Shield for his main Source of damage. For TS to do Damage i need to build up my Block to proc the Damage.

I checked the Passive Tree and i guess Templar is the best way to Max Block Chance, I did some Math and achieve +33% from the Tree, +30-32% from any good Shield and +4% from TS which equals 69% (which is almost 75%). Is there anything that can pump it up to 75%? Any rares or skills?

How does Inner Force /Buff Effect impact, if at all, TS/Molten Shell?
Lastly i need more Damage, i think about opting for Molten Shell + Glacial Hammer(for Single Targets).
Can i somehow autocast Molten Shell, maybe through a Totem?

Passive Tree

Spoiler
Note: Are Elemental Equilibrium and Zealoth`s Oath worth thinking about?

Passive skill tree build

Hope you can help me to make this build viable :)
Last edited by Alch on Feb 10, 2013, 7:37:38 AM
you need alot more life, only block chance will not make up for that

Inner force will increase the armor bonus from molten shell, but not the damage, not sure if the block chance from TS gets boosts butthat would only be 1% anyway
As For damage you might want to try out using spells instead of physical attack, in which case you would benefits from EE as every block would decrease ice/fire def of the enemy you blocked and molten shell would then explode for alot more damage
"
Alch wrote:
So i want to build a (almost?) Max Block Char which uses Tempest Shield for his main Source of damage. For TS to do Damage i need to build up my Block to proc the Damage.

I checked the Passive Tree and i guess Templar is the best way to Max Block Chance, I did some Math and achieve +33% from the Tree, +30-32% from any good Shield and +4% from TS which equals 69% (which is almost 75%). Is there anything that can pump it up to 75%? Any rares or skills?

How does Inner Force /Buff Effect impact, if at all, TS/Molten Shell?
Lastly i need more Damage, i think about opting for Molten Shell + Glacial Hammer(for Single Targets).
Can i somehow autocast Molten Shell, maybe through a Totem?

Passive Tree

Spoiler
Note: Are Elemental Equilibrium and Zealoth`s Oath worth thinking about?

Passive skill tree build

Hope you can help me to make this build viable :)

haven't checked the build actually, but from what you say:
a)you will need a spell block unique. it will boost your survivability through the roof if you block 40-45% of the spells that come to you. as an added bonus your tempest shield will also damage caster mobs.

b)you will need an actual attack cause you wont be able to kill caster mobs just by the spell block and since they dont proc molten it will be a hassle to actually harm them with it (not imposible, but really troublesome)

c)you will need healh in addition to block, just not as much as you would require without block.

d)EE would indeed be great for your build, just take it after you have sufficient block.

e)zealots oath is weird for your build. on the upside constant energy shield means that you have a constant 50% chance to avoid being stunned, this means that, along with the avoid casting interruption node just next to zealots your molten shell cast wont be interrupted that much. interruption on molten IS a really common occurence and its quite annoying.
The downside is that you will have much higher life than energy shield, so the %regen nodes/auras will be much less effective than what they would be without it.

f)happy bombing!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info